It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry Silverstein's $4.5 Billion from 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"I remember getting a call from the, uh, Fire Department Commander telling me they were not sure they were going to be able to contain the fire. I said, "You know, we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it, uh... and they made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse."
~ Larry Silverstein, owner of New York's World Trade Center Building 7, which was demolished on 9/11/2001.

Larry Silverstein purchased the WTC complex for $98 million dollars six months before 9/11. [New York Times]

He is being awarded $4.6 billion insurance money due to the destruction of his buildings. [Forbes Magazine]

His net profit is 4.5 BILLION DOLLARS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fbc4ea1f822.jpg[/atsimg]
Larry Silverstein
(In case you need a new backing for your dartboard)

whatreallyhappened.com...

If this was the Old West this guy would have been hung from a tree ages ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I understand some of this has been discussed before on ATS, but it's been quite some time. Today is the first time I ever heard his entire quote, which included the, "they made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
He had to pay some money too in order to fight the insurance companies as well for that. But in the scheme of things he already knew that. Bldg 7 I'm still researching because it is kind of a mystery to me that it would have been pre-selected for demolition like the towers. It may very well be that they didn't really know how the towers would fall and they planned to pull # 7 if the towers fell over on it but, as well all saw the towers fell perfectly. Perhaps not the way they planned or wanted them to. Then they just needed to keep everyone out of the building & area until they could blow it up. To prevent anyone from snooping around in it.

I guess the new fire department response code nationwide is to "pull the building" if it's been burning for any period of time rather than waste water, time & manpower trying to put it out. Kinda works in conjunction with Imminent Domain laws uh

Just wonder how much went to "donations" in Israel or to the Mossad retirement fund for unemployed operatives?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I haven't looked too much into it but I understand that Building 7 was both a CIA headquarters and (conspiracy theory so far) an operational command post for pulling off 9/11.

[href A="http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/04/us/nation-challenged-intelligence-agency-secret-cia-site-new-york-was-destroyed.html?pagewanted=1" target=blank class=postlink]Building 7, secret CIA location[/A]

grr! For whatever reason, I can't seem to get HTML codes to work anymore

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This so long debunked creaky old stuff.

Larry Silverstein was not calling the shots on 9/11 the FDNY were .

Is it likely Silverstein would publicly announce that he had ordered the destruction of WTC7 if it was a huge insurance scam ?

Despite all the wild nonsense allegations the insurance companies have paid up. Anyone who has had anything to do with insurance companies just knows they will not do this if they have any chance of avoiding liability, i.e. by coming up with any proof of a scam.

Here is some further info :-

www.debunk911myths.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Remind me again, who was it that debunked the firefighters first hand accounts of bombs and the numerous reports of bombs by the news?

You were joking right?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Some of the more vocal OS pushers around here will also have you believe he suffered a great financial loss instead of gain. They have no idea why they think that...but they do.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What does the masterful motto, "By Way of Deception Thou Shalt Do War," mean to the average American? Surprisingly, most Americans have never heard of the Mossad motto.

Silverstein Owned bldg 7 long before leasing WTC buildings 1 and 2 in July of 2001. The Lease agreements for WTC bldgs 1 and 2 had a terrorism clause that permitted Silverstein to stop making his lease payments in the event the buildings were damaged or destroyed in a terrorist attack.

But back to building 7. What important information was housed inside ?

Building 7 housed several key govt. offices such as the IRS, the EEOC, The US Secret Service, the SEC and the CIA.

Building 7 held a considerable amount of evidence pertaining to ongoing investigations by the SEC and EEOC.

Large numbers of case files for ongoing investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) were reportedly destroyed in the collapse. The Los Angeles Times reported that "substantial files were destroyed" for 3000 to 4000 of the SEC's cases. The EEOC reported that documents for 45 active cases were destroyed. 3 Before the attack, SEC investigations of corporate fraud by companies such as Enron and Worldcom were the subject of many news reports -- reports that virtually vanished in the wake of the attack.

But looking at the bigger picture and following the money trail back to Israel are Silversteins relations with the Zionist Israeli Elite as well as three former Israeli Prime Ministers
Benjamin Netanyahu, Ariel Sharon and Ehud Barak.

Silverstein is especially close to Benjamini Netanyahu, the present Israeli prime minister whom communicate every sunday by telephone.

Netanyahu is also the originator of the phrase
" War on Terror" first quoted from his book

"Fighting Terrorism: How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic and International Terrorism" which was published in 1995

www.shamsali.org...#

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I posted your link below for you. That has been verified so who knows??

CIA locale in bldg 7

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Large numbers of case files for ongoing investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) were reportedly destroyed in the collapse. The Los Angeles Times reported that "substantial files were destroyed" for 3000 to 4000 of the SEC's cases. The EEOC reported that documents for 45 active cases were destroyed. 3 Before the attack, SEC investigations of corporate fraud by companies such as Enron and Worldcom were the subject of many news reports -- reports that virtually vanished in the wake of the attack.

Excellent info there, thanks! Do you happen to have a source for the above quote?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why the WTC buildings?

They were the perfect Storm.

The WTC buildings had Asbestos fire proofing throughout the buildings.

They had to have the asbestos removed at a direct cost of 1 Billion dollars.

Larry bought the complex for 15 million , and I believed received 7 billion

for a few months ownership.

Lucky Larry.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
Some of the more vocal OS pushers around here will also have you believe he suffered a great financial loss instead of gain. They have no idea why they think that...but they do.

How can a 100 mil down payment, and then cash in 4.5 Billion be counted as a loss?

Id say he came out pretty good from this.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Video here of firefighters walking away from Building 7, saying, ""It's blowin' boy." ... "Keep your eye on that building, it'll be coming down soon." ... "The building is about to blow up, move it back." ... "Here we are walking back. There's a building, about to blow up..."

Click on --> WMV video download (1 MB)

The facts and eye witness accounts are so obvious; it really amazes me how vehemently people fight the fact that explosives were used.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
"I remember getting a call from the, uh, Fire Department Commander telling me they were not sure they were going to be able to contain the fire. I said, "You know, we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it, uh... and they made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse."
~ Larry Silverstein, owner of New York's World Trade Center Building 7, which was demolished on 9/11/2001.

In a later Interview , ole Lar was asked what he meant by 'Pull It"

He said , he meant to pull the firefighters from the building.

Aww , ole Lar was concerned.

But the firefighters had left the building almost 6 hours earlier.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

The quotes in the article you provided are from an insurance trial/real estate magazine

I think I'll believe the videos, eye witness accounts, and Silverstein's own voice at the time...

Would you lie for $4.5 billion? In his mind he made a great business deal and allegedly no more loss of life happened because of the implosion of Bldg 7.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I heard 98 million purchase price, and 200 million for the asbestos removal. You happen to have sources for these? No worries if you don't really... the same idea still plays. He got FAAAAR richer by blowing up some buildings.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ive read and seen so much stuff, Cant recall off hand.

Ole Lar was picked to shut his mouth, and be made rich.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Sean48

I heard 98 million purchase price, and 200 million for the asbestos removal. You happen to have sources for these? No worries if you don't really... the same idea still plays. He got FAAAAR richer by blowing up some buildings.

Just pointing out where fantasy beats fact every time in these discussions.

Only the first 38 floors of WTC Tower 1 had asbestos. Building code requirement changed during construction in the early 70s. It was spray coated as the standard treatment to prevent flaking. No removal was required. Impending expense was $0.

There is no comprehension of economics in this discussion as loss of revenues from office rents - the reason these are this is the most expensive real estae in north America, and other losses to NYC and the US, estimated in the hundreds of billions.

All these discussions of Silverstein and the WTC complex end up being are one invented factoid claim from a dumb 9/11 site or video against another.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I never really understood the different numbers thrown around on this.

A credible link would help to nail down some numbers.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

The quotes in the article you provided are from an insurance trial/real estate magazine

I think I'll believe the videos, eye witness accounts, and Silverstein's own voice at the time...

Would you lie for $4.5 billion? In his mind he made a great business deal and allegedly no more loss of life happened because of the implosion of Bldg 7.

If there is evidence of an insurance scam, as you suggest, why have the insurance companies paid out multi-millions ? They have investigators and are not slouch's when it comes to resisting paying out if they can help it. Why have they just paid up and not argued the case if there is evidence they are being ripped off ?

Also, I think truthers need to sort out what was the supposed purpose of this alleged murderous conspiracy. A cause for war and repression at home or an insurance scam to help out Larry Silverstein ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join