It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Satanism is on an astonishing scale

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
people, David Icke thinks that there is an entire race of reptilian overlords who live in a subterranean world on earth and plot world domination. Think about that for a second. Now, don't you think that what he says might need a little salt from time to time? I see people here treating satanism much like masonry, not that they are the same in any way, just that you find it easier to demonize it and ridicule it, yet you have no earthly idea what it really is. I thought this site was for intelligent people. My bad.

EXACTLY!!!! You have people posting fantastical claims of nonsense followed up by facts which are ignored in favor of yet another post full of fantastical nonsense. It kills me to see the way the brain fails to work here.

You did forget something though, those reptillians first came from mars and have been manipulating us for thousands of years to take over completely. I wonder what is taking them so long? At least we will leave cooler statues on our planet when they wipe us out...eventually.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by network dude

I've noticed that more and more.
In your opinion, is it possible to be a Satanist and a Freemason?
Being that I believe that I have goodhood within me, is it possible that I may be a fellow Brother?

The only thing you need is belief in a higher power than you. You can call it whatever you like. It works the same way in Alcoholics Anonymous. You say you believe in a higher power and talk about it sort of like a deity but in reality you know it could be nature, the cosmos, BS, the lightbulb. The higher power can even be the you that you wish that you were. I am sure we can all use a little improvement if wishes were to be handed out.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sniknej
o.k. then satanist's, questions..

What do you really mean by "satanists?" This thread is evidence that not only are there different types, most of you cannot comprehend any type outside what Christianity defined for you already. Each time a fact is presented that intereferes with some fantasy about what 'satanis' is, it is called something else so that you can all move on to demonize "satanists" whilst never defining who you actually mean. Well, aside from the case where the link was given and Satan was not involved anywhere.

I will just go ahead and answer for me, myself, and what I know or believe about my religion which happens to be the Satanism founded by Anton Lavey in 1966.

When do you attend service?

What do you mean by "services?" There are regular celebrations and festivities but to schedule a particular time to stop doing anything else and worship would be antithetical to Satanism. I know it is hard but you have to take off your Christian glasses in order to see it for what it is.

Do you have a choir?

Do I? There are no churches or grottos in the nearby area. Whether or not any groups that gather to celebrate in union also engage in singing is a bit of a mystery to me, sorry. There is no Church organized choir.

What happens to us when we die?

Good question. Why would you think that anyone who believes anything would know that answer at all? If they believe in anything, they are alive. If they are alive, they have no idea what happens when they die. I could ask you but I would want you to prove it. Neither of us would eve win that game. What happens is a mystery but living is here and now. I should enjoy it while I can since I have no clue what happens at the end.

Who is/was Jesus Christ?

Apparently there are conflicting accounts of a real historical person but the one in the bible seems to be a fictional character used to steal ideas from other stories only to be ignored by the very people that bear his name (Christiahypocrites.)

Who is/was satan?

The bad guy of that book. You are basically asking 'Who is/was evil guy?' It is a Hebrew name that was given infamy as a proper noun by people that needed to scare more folks into their churches. It is just a word. Sorry.

What is the number one message given out by the church?

I am not sure anyone here is qualified to answer that. The church has changed some in the last decade but it would have been something similar to not letting other people pretend to know your message and spread it for you.

Do you have bake sales?

All the time. You addressed Satanists but did not specify if your queries were church specific. I enjoy baking very much but I do not sell pastries to raise money for church functions.

Do you try to recruit others to the church, to turn them over to satan to be saved?

Is that supposed to be two questions? Why would Satan want to save you? Why would I want to recruit anyone? Anyone that would readily follow me is hardly worthy of being a member. That is also antithetical to the ideals of the religion.

What does the preacher wear?

There are no Satanic "preachers." There is nothing to preach and anyone needing it shouted at them is unworthy of being preached to. It is a self perpetuating paradox built in to keep the numbers smaller, not larger.

Is the inverted cross used as the cross is used in Christianity?

The inverted cross is only used for one reason - to upset people like you. Not being a Christian makes it an electric chair, a gallows, a guillotine, and little else. Since turning it upside down scares Christians that do not bother to read their entire bibles works and is easy, it can be done in jest. It is not used as it is in Christianity. It has no true purpose in the religion. It is only significant to Christians.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

MatthewDark, I was kind of being silly with the questions, some of them anyway, but thank you for answering. I just can't figure out why your religion would be called satanism when he isn't even a focal point in the religion. And from what it sounds like, you don't even believe that he existed. Doesn't make sense. Sounds like what he is known for...deception.

There is a really cheap book for you that would clear this all up. The Satanic Bible is available and still well in print. You obviously missed most of what Mathew was saying if this is your real response. You are so stuck in your Christian view of what you think Satan means that any other interpretation just confuses you. It would be simple for him, myself, or any number of other people to really explain it to you but it would take a couple pages and consist of a lot of plagiarism if not confusingly flowery new language. Just buy the book and read it and come back with some real questions. You can probably find it at the library and I know you can get it illegally for free online if you were so inclined. I have bought 5 issues so I do not condone the latter, just saying if you are so desperate to learn...

I am afraid you do not want to learn though. You admit your questions were more silly than not. Why? What do you expect to result from that? Ask some smaller questions, some real questions, and see what happens. Just asking to explain the entire religion will not cut it in a place like this. Especially when most of the research can be done on the Church's website. Most of the key values and points are already there and it is clear you have not looked.

Prove you seriously want to learn something other than Geraldo Rivera is correct two decades late.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Is it safe to say that there probably are groups of satanist's, who do worship satan and try to summon him or other demons or gain energy from human sacrifice.

Is it safe to say there are people that steal women and lock them in underground dungeons? How about eating people's brains to get strength or quiet voices? So you think it is safe to say there are people that kill lots of other humans and it is all because the neighbors dog told them to? Crazy people come in all shapes and sizes so yes. There are more cults that revolve around Jesus than Satan and there is a reason they are called cults and not branches of a legit church.

I mean, I play first-person shooters and love them, but will never shoot up a school. And love DnD but will never take a bow out in the middle of the night and kill some "orcs" LOL! Just saying, there are extremists in every aspect of life. The OP's original post wasn't attacking anyones religion, and as long as your not sacrificing babies to the dark lord, all is well.

I am curious what anyone thinks a "Dark Lord" would want with a dead baby? I got one for Easter when I was a kid and it just smelled.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Does everyone do that when defending their faith,you ask. I certainly hope they don't! There are more mature ways to respond,in my opinion.
I don't care for the "baiting and inciting" tactic.

You mean by playing an unrelated clip from a show run by a known conman?

Why a person couldn't just listen to the show I linked to and comment on that,or just ignore it altogether,I don't know. I guess I could have worded one thing I said differently,where I said,"Like Art Bell said,'She's the real deal.'"

Why would anyone want to listen? Was John Titor's Lawyer not available for comment? What real deal is she? Who cares who said it. What is she that is real?

I should have said,"In Art Bell's opinion,she is the 'real deal'.".....??

At least the would have put a step between you and the liar himself.

I'd have to say,from what I heard,and the callers she responded to,this woman was either pure evil or her acting the part was pretty convincing!

Like the guy calling from inside Area 51? All guests and callers on that show are totally genuine, right? Again, what is she real? She might be evil but she is not a Satanist of any kind other than her own imagination.

(I'm not saying it is "the real deal",but it sure goes against everything "Christian"-in her own words!)

And anyone else?...?...crickets. OK so she is ONE NUT saying some things on a RADIO SHOW. See how that is not exactly a fountain of truth and information about a worldwide phenomena?

Has anyone here checked it out?

I actually remember the show. I have no re-listened to your clip.

Not that it's so important,but I felt it was a good contribution. I probably wouldn't have referenced it had I not just listened to it("Somewhere in Time") and this thread just happened to be going on.

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that you tried to pass this off as something it was not. It was one woman saying crazy things on a show where people say...CRAZY THINGS. How man "shadow creature" phone calls came in that night as well? You tried to say this woman speaks for someone, anyone other than herself. She does not.

I do not think it really is a big deal though, I guess you do. I was just pointing out you were holding up a liar and his one 'guest' as a poster of something as if it were evidence that any of the rumors on this thread were true.

Anyone have any actual FACTS?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Unlike some here, I'm not here to defend "Satanism." Rather, I find it amusing the things that the general population considers "Satanic."

I mean, I have heard people say, "Scientology is satanic." I have heard people say, "The New age movement is satanic." I have heard people say, "Freemasons are satanic." Yet, it is all based upon a lack of understanding of these belief systems. None of themare are satanic.

Now, there is a religion that is called "Satanism." However, to try to correlate any of the above mentioned belief systems with it is like trying to correlate a piece of lettuce to an orange.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey Lillydale, thank you for answering those questions. These types of conversations are better done in person. If I come up with any more comments or questions, I will be sure to ask. Thank you and God bless. = )

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Unlike some here, I'm not here to defend "Satanism." Rather, I find it amusing the things that the general population considers "Satanic."

I mean, I have heard people say, "Scientology is satanic." I have heard people say, "The New age movement is satanic." I have heard people say, "Freemasons are satanic." Yet, it is all based upon a lack of understanding of these belief systems. None of themare are satanic.

Now, there is a religion that is called "Satanism." However, to try to correlate any of the above mentioned belief systems with it is like trying to correlate a piece of lettuce to an orange.

Let me put it this way,anything that sets itself up against the Lord is of Satan. He can take on any number of deceptive fronts,but the bottom line is,if it exalts itself above the Lord,it is of Satan. Because that is what Satan does.

Their Satanic beliefs do say they do not worship Satan,they "emulate" him. And they despise Jesus,who I have once seen referred to as "the Nameless Weakling".

If anyone wants to emulate the father of lies and destruction,....then they'd better be ready to accept that they may be also being lied to!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

your replies make no sense so i couldnt really answer them.

my post was entirely logical. yours sounded like you didnt read it at all.

level of insight that i usually see here tho.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Let me put it this way,anything that sets itself up against the Lord is of Satan. He can take on any number of deceptive fronts,but the bottom line is,if it exalts itself above the Lord,it is of Satan. Because that is what Satan does.

Your opinion. You can't possibly back that up with actual fact.

Their Satanic beliefs do say they do not worship Satan,they "emulate" him. And they despise Jesus,who I have once seen referred to as "the Nameless Weakling".

No one is emulating anyone. And, since I can only speak for myself, I don't 'despise jesus', but I do despise hypocritical, close-minded sheep. You honestly believe that any religion or 'spiritual leader' who refers to their followers as 'sheep' and 'a flock' honestly deserve any respect? Sheep! As in 'baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'...You're actually okay with that?

If anyone wants to emulate the father of lies and destruction,....then they'd better be ready to accept that they may be also being lied to!

Okay and the vatican and christian church and whatnot have been nothing but honest and transparent...right? Mmmmmm...that's some delicious irony you've got there. Care for another helping?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by Lillydale

your replies make no sense so i couldnt really answer them.

my post was entirely logical. yours sounded like you didnt read it at all.

level of insight that i usually see here tho.

Apparently you wrote a completely different post than the one that I am reading. I just checked and it is the same as it was the first time. Why don't you go ahead and treat me like I am as stupid as you think I am and dumb it down for me. Tell me just what it is you think you are trying to say. Try not to start with "wakey wakeys" and then go on to tell me about my problem understanding gibberish.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Well, I don't know where you have ever come across a "New Ager" who emulated Satan and hated Jesus, but where ever it was, I suggest you move.

Why don't you just say what you mean? If a person doesn't follow the "faith" they "hate" Jesus. If they actually think for themself, they "hate" Jesus.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Many Satanists also view the Xtian bible as an example of mankind's hypocrisy, incompetence, and spinelessness. Jesus Christ is the paradigm for these qualities, and is thus reviled by Satanists.

Read more: www.faqs.org...
(That's the official Church of Satan Q&A,by the way)

Below is one way "new-agers" set themselves up against God. This is probably the most prevalent one.(I never implied they all run around in halloween costumes,scarying little kids!) It's way more subtle and deceptive.

And while they may not "hate" Jesus,they deny He is the Son of God who died for their sins;they deny the need for His salvation.

New Agers claim no external source of authority -- only an internal one ("the god within"). They believe the individual is the standard of truth, saying that "truth as an objective reality simply does not exist" .

from
www.rapidnet.com...

When the Bible says that Jesus is the only way,that ye must be born again,etc,...Not popular these days!

And whoever it was that was sarcastic enough to imply the Vatican or Christian churches don't "lie",...I never said they didn't.

People and institutions are very fallible,but God is not. His Word may have been tampered with,but He remains the same. His will shall prevail.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Edge,if you're going to use the Bible as a reference for your argument, at least cover your bases.

1 God astandeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the apersons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do ajustice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they awalk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall adie like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, ajudge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Psalm 82

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Edge,if you're going to use the Bible as a reference for your argument, at least cover your bases.

1 God astandeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the apersons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do ajustice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they awalk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall adie like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, ajudge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Psalm 82

If you're saying "we are all gods" based on this,the only place I have ever seen such a quote,then go ahead. One verse will not negate the larger message. That is known as "taking things out of context".

If there are any Bible scholars around here,they might want to analyze that part some more . As for most people,common sense and wisdom go a long way in understanding "the bigger picture".

I really like that part about "judgement" though. Don't you?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

That's really weak, Edge.
Really weak. I'd expect more from you.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That's really weak, Edge.
Really weak. I'd expect more from you.

"That's really weak,Edge.".....

Is that the best you've got?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

...One verse will not negate the larger message. That is known as "taking things out of context"...

Um, wasn't that exactly what you were doing when quoting from the CoS website?
Apparently what's good for the goose, or sheep...is not good for the gander...or flock.
You can justify your misrepresentation of quotes from the CoS, but should someone turn around and best you at your own game, you cry 'foul'. And the quote you used said 'many Satanists', not all Satanists or all of Satanism so the author was providing an opinion based on observation, not dictating doctrine. By using that one line completely out of context, you tried to sum up all of those who subscribe to the philosophies of the CoS. But, in doing so, you did yourself an injustice because, as anyone can plainly see, it said 'many', not 'most' or 'all', even though you intended it to mean all, so yeah, it was a weak argument.

[note: edited because I screwed up the italics function yet again]

[edit on 1/26/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

...One verse will not negate the larger message. That is known as "taking things out of context"...

Um, wasn't that exactly what you were doing when quoting from the CoS website?
Apparently what's good for the goose, or sheep...is not good for the gander...or flock.
You can justify your misrepresentation of quotes from the CoS, but should someone turn around and best you at your own game, you cry 'foul'. And the quote you used said 'many Satanists', not all Satanists or all of Satanism so the author was providing an opinion based on observation, not dictating doctrine. By using that one line completely out of context, you tried to sum up all of those who subscribe to the philosophies of the CoS. But, in doing so, you did yourself an injustice because, as anyone can plainly see, it said 'many', not 'most' or 'all', even though you intended it to mean all, so yeah, it was a weak argument.

[note: edited because I screwed up the italics function yet again]

[edit on 1/26/10 by Matthew Dark]

1.A weak argument is to try to twist someone's statement into something else!

The quote was..." Many Satanists also view the Xtian bible as an example of mankind's hypocrisy, incompetence, and spinelessness. Jesus Christ is the paradigm for these qualities, and is thus reviled by Satanists."...

If it is "out of context",feel free to point out how it is wrong,as I am not so well-versed in Satan's book.I used your own Church of Satan spokespersons to obtain that quote.(See the link?)

To say I "meant" something I never said makes you the loser in this one. You're having a fake debate with your own imaginations! You cannot assume another's thoughts,and then make up arguments based on your assumptions!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join