It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hamas will not recognise Israel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

'Hamas will not recognise Israel'

english.aljazeera.net

Hamas political leader has said that his group will not recognise Israel despite new pressures and will give priority to building resistance to the Jewish state.

Addressing a rally in the Syrian capital on Friday to mark the end of the Israeli attack on Gaza a year ago that killed 1,400 Palestinians, Meshaal said Hamas does not want another war with Israel, but it will stick to armed struggle as a means to liberate occupied land.

"Hamas will keep rejecting the occupation and refuse to recognise the legitimacy of the Zionist entity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok , when I saw this report I had to post it ... I had herd that Hamas was going to recognize Israel's right to exist and then I find this report on Al Jazeera english .

Was it a case of a premature report the first time around ? Or flat out deception ?

On the surface I would have to accept the Al Jazeera report as the more factual in this case , no ?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Interesting. I am guessing that you are right, I would trust al Jazeera on this one.

Either that or somebody is getting the story mixed up... Guess we need some more corroborating sources to confirm. Maybe JPost has an update.

Edit: CONFIRMED. Hamas will not recognize Israel.

www.thejc.com...

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Thanks for those follow up links

2 ---------

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow! Just the other day they said they would. Who knows...this stuff changes like my undwear! Who cares??

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have Zero respect for Hamas since they said they would never let a peacekeeping force to stay in Gaza.

They are as crazy as the Zionist.

I understand the struggle but not the mindless goals.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a small question that I thought of with the thread from a few days ago. I know it might have some political ramifications that I am not aware of.

Does Israel really care if Hamas recognizes them or not? Or any of the eastern countries for that matter?

I realize this would mean that Hamas would acknowledge that Israel is there to stay; but Israel is there to stay whether Hamas acknowledges them or not.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Actually it was Hezbollah that made that statement. Iran probabley told them to back off, especially with the internal problems facing Iran right now. Either way it will never come to peace. One or the other will have to go, unfortunatley.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ahhh....

Here we go again in the perpetual struggle for recognition. So what else is new?

It is painfully obvious that nothing will change until one side or the other man-up and be the better group and do it for the sake of peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think it's possible for both statements to be true when taking into context the borders of Israel. I think Hamas would recognize a state of Israel that was confined to pre-1967 borders and did not attempt to grab any more land.

I'm sure there are some in Palestine that would fire rockets into Israel no matter what. Just as there are those in Israel that would want to keep building settlements and grabbing more land, no matter what. There are extremists on both sides.

new topics

top topics

join