It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine 'I Killed Innocent Civilians'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
so to kill innocent civivlins in war is ok is the gist of what I am getting in this thread. Hey thats no problem but dont you ever complain when terroists kill western civilians because in their eyes they think the same as you, its only war.....

[edit on 22-1-2010 by loner007]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is just a "what if".

What if it was required by law, in the interest of ensuring an informed decision is made, every recruit had to watch videos like these in addition to the standard propaganda handed out by government?

If they saw the reality of war, would they still sign up? I believe some would, but many would not. Unfortunately, perhaps because they are for the most part so young, they swallow the BS that recruiting programs hand out. Its all they get to see.

Its only later that they realize the swindle, and pay for it for the rest of their lives with guilt and trauma.

But the government doesn't care. The corporations don't care. The citizenry doesn't care either.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarloriousCreed
reply to post by rainfall

I am a former U.S. Marine,

We never found any WMD's by the way.

WarloriousCreed,

Thank you for your post...

I guess by now you know you were tricked into a fake war....

How do you feel about that..?.....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My marine husband had to kill innocent people in Viet Nam.

Its war.

Your exactly right.
If 3 people are standing in front of a guy shooting at me to kill me...4 people are gonna die.
It's called fight of flight response.
In the heat of the moment ..life or death situation ..My life is worth more than the people shooting at me.
It may sound mean or viscous but i have to tell it like it is.
I would die if they hide behind a baby thought...that's just me lol

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What is sad is them boys are fighting and dying for an corrupt corporate banker run government instead of fighting for the rights of the US citizens and protecting the constitution.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchboxjunkie

Really. Ok I wonder how you would feel if we were occupied and someone killed your family because of "orders". It amazes me the insensitivity that you are showing for human life. Its actually angering to hear another human being wanting or taking for granted the deaths of others, as a "Oh well" type scenario. # happens, please. No # happens because people like you don't have the intelligence to understand that WAR IS FOR IDIOTS. In the centuries of war it has solved not a gotdam thing. Only bought more suffering, devastations and seperation. But that doesnt matter to you I guess becuase you got your little car and you got your little house and your living 'The American Dream". I may be jumping to conclusions here about you in particular, but I go by what I see. And I see someone who doesnt care about childrens being blowns to dog bits or anybody for that matter, as long as it aint over here. Amazing ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
As A USMC Combat Veteran, I understand how hard coping with the reality that is now around us.
Some made terrible choice's, and took innocent non combatant life. I hope they never forget there mistake's or evil rising. Some will come forward from guilt and try to incriminate other. I would not trust a thing he says in court.

I made choice's, when and who to fire on. I know where I made my mistakes and I know that the men who died while under my orders were enemy combatant's. While under control, A good Marine Kills what ever he's ordered too.
Sometimes people just dont give a crap. Even Marines, if the leader is a turd then his orders will be covered with crap. Dont get any poo on ya, it stains your soul

semper Fi

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

You are correct it is war, people usually die on both sides, and methods are always up for debate. Throughout history someone has always chose to not play by the rules, and that side usually wins. Pick a war, look at that war objectively, and you'll notice the side that didn't follow the rules won.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

As a former soldier (spec ops), I am the first to admit that every soldier does things that later hunt you at night. Every human being that has a weapon in his hands will, sooner or later, be faced with what he is doing, thinking about the lifes that he takes.

And people need to, first of all, separete the lunatics from the normal people in armed forces.

There are lunatics, murderers and such people on armed forces. You can see it all over the news, and some have the freedom to be that when they are in there... "It's war".

But there is also a human side to it. There are a lot of "normal" people in the army, air force and navy. People like you and me, who actually believe they are doing something good.

unfornatly, many times, you can only realize that you are not fighting for truth or a greater good AFTER you are there. Thus cases like this, of soldiers who brake down after leaving duty.

People need to take care, and support the troops. NOT in the propaganda way, of supporting the troops by supporting the war they are in.

Simply view the soldiers of YOUR country as people that actually are there to defend you, and many are there because they believe in that.

Take apart the propaganda issue, and support the troops in the way that they are sons, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters. People that are simply like each and everyone of you.

After everything that we go through (and believe me, we now better than anyone when a war isn't justified), the worst that can happen, is coming back to your HOME and people judge you, without understanding the big picture, or what you go through in a war.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A lot of rich people are making a lot of money out of the war in Iraq. It is not a "just" war. It is an imperial war. Like Viet-Nam.

"We had to burn the village to make a truckload of cash."

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
For all those saying 'its war' do you realise hiw you come accross saying that, if someone was to come in your home and shoot your partner,kids or any family member in front of your eyes would you still be saying that? I don't think so.... and before you say it will never happen, you can never be to sure of anything in this world.
[edit on 22-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

Thank you. I love all the morons in this thread claiming "it's war".

The good thing about threads like this is that we find out who the true idiots are in this website.

The same who claim "war" wouldn't if it was their family shot dead for "WMDs" that weren't.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

As a former soldier (spec ops), I am the first to admit that every soldier does things that later hunt you at night. Every human being that has a weapon in his hands will, sooner or later, be faced with what he is doing, thinking about the lifes that he takes.

And people need to, first of all, separete the lunatics from the normal people in armed forces.

There are lunatics, murderers and such people on armed forces. You can see it all over the news, and some have the freedom to be that when they are in there... "It's war".

But there is also a human side to it. There are a lot of "normal" people in the army, air force and navy. People like you and me, who actually believe they are doing something good.

unfornatly, many times, you can only realize that you are not fighting for truth or a greater good AFTER you are there. Thus cases like this, of soldiers who brake down after leaving duty.

People need to take care, and support the troops. NOT in the propaganda way, of supporting the troops by supporting the war they are in.

Simply view the soldiers of YOUR country as people that actually are there to defend you, and many are there because they believe in that.

Take apart the propaganda issue, and support the troops in the way that they are sons, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters. People that are simply like each and everyone of you.

After everything that we go through (and believe me, we now better than anyone when a war isn't justified), the worst that can happen, is coming back to your HOME and people judge you, without understanding the big picture, or what you go through in a war.

This is like saying, the murderer isn't one because he killed the wrong person by accident.

Regardless if the troops know that they are being used or not, doesn't justify support.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

A World War I vet told me,

That human life is the cheapest commodity on this Earth.

This has since been proven many times. Kill a few hundred million,
generation later there is twice as many.
War is just a way for the elite to cull the population.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
.....And the answer is ?

Elusive : tending to elude: as a : tending to evade grasp or pursuit b : hard to comprehend or define c : hard to isolate or identify

And the bodies stacked and counted fell, as bank accounts began to swell,
let's pit them one against another, profit while they kill each other,
no reason we will let them hear, just pound the drum and rattle fear,
and all the focus will be hate, so as they die we celebrate.
For food and shelter give them threats, created by the yet unmet,
and get them all to once believe, we have the answers that they need,
arm them shake them push them in, convince them that they have to win,
no whispers here its time to yell, war is peace and found in hell.
My wagon full of bombs and guns, available to everyone,
I sell to him I sell to you, I'll sell your family caskets too.
And so it goes and goes again, no solution and no end,
in plain sight but can not see, blind responsibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

As a former soldier (spec ops),

Thanks for replying Tifozi,

But I don't understand your post..?.....

Can't you see that the Commanders and 'higher-ups' that are running this war ARE the lunatics.?...

I don't support the troops when they are following orders from LUNATICS!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As someone about to enter the service, all I can say is that I have no sympathy for this man. He's a murderer. I'm a warrior, I go where the fight is. An old lady bringing food is not where the fight is. I hope he gets arrested and the rest of his buddies too.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hmmm...

I've not noticed ANY 'ANTI-AMERICAN' comments and accusations here...

Maybe because the murderer is American. How apt that those blind patriots are silenced when one of their own is a killer.

Yet if I had dared to claim that Americans quite often take innocent lives, then i'd be branded as an 'Anti-American.

What are you talking about?

Again, look at the people posting here and what they are saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

you realize you will be ordered to do the same exact things right...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
As someone about to enter the service, all I can say is that I have no sympathy for this man. He's a murderer. I'm a warrior, I go where the fight is.

You are ordered to destroy an approaching car because it looks suspicious to your unskilled superior, you find out it was just civilians with children, you get addicted to anti psychotics. You then tell someone your story and he tells you "You're a murderer. I'm a warrior, I go where the fight is"

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It will take a few centuries until we really grow up and correct are insubstantial ways or maybe never. If you take a look back into human history you can see we are changing slowly civil wise, but there seems to be some kind of corruption thats holding people back the peoples minds are becoming depraved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join