It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine 'I Killed Innocent Civilians'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
U.S marine corporal Grant Collins who was stationed in Iraq in '04-'05 admits to the atrocities that he and his fellow troops participated in....

He does get pretty emotional halfway through the speech and you can sense the guilt that he has....

I call to all armed forces to put down your weapons and stop this senseless slaughtering of innocence..........

PEACE and LOVE....

[edit on 21-1-2010 by rainfall]

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My marine husband had to kill innocent people in Viet Nam.

Its war.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And he probably did it and had too. if he did it for fun I don't think he would get emotional. Alot of them are probably f***** now cus of the crap they had to do and went through. Then again I wasn't there.

But I am not against our military.

Thank you soldiers for serving our country!

I hope that poor man gets help in what he went through.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
He shouldn't blame himself.

It's war.

Bad stuff happens.

The troops are really in a difficult position.

We support you and we are counting on you to come home and clean house in this country.

The war here in the homeland is just starting to heat up.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Has anyone validated that this guy is a Iraqi war veteran and was where he claims and is for real.

After Vietnam we had a lot of fakes claiming to have been involved in killing Innocent Civilians that later turned out to never have been in Vietnam and some that never were even in the military.

many of them were with John Kerry's group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War.
vietnam-veterans.us...
www.pownetwork.org...
www.stolenvalor.com...
blog.usni.org...
www.pownetwork.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Has anyone validated that this guy is a Iraqi war veteran and was where he claims and is for real.

After Vietnam we had a lot of fakes claiming to have been involved in killing Innocent Civilians that later turned out to never have been in Vietnam and some that never were even in the military.

vietnam-veterans.us...
www.pownetwork.org...
www.stolenvalor.com...
blog.usni.org...
www.pownetwork.org...

Yes, validated but I will not/cannot post the link as it is an official gov't site.
Yes, we still have people claiming to be highly decorated war vets. He talks of Fallujah in 2004 which was Operation Phantom Fury. I missed this one and went the next year. I understand his feelings if guilt, however he was also protecting the lives of the Marines in his charge. As a Corporal (my rank when I left) you are leading Marines and charged for their well being and survival. Even if you feel this war is unjustified there is always going to be collateral damage to the civilian populace. All the planning and smart bombs and precision strikes will never eradicate collateral damage. It is an unfortunate and ugly side of war that only those in the armed forces are witness to. For the OP to tell the armed forces of America to lay down their weapons and stop the killing of innocence...
Yeah it is just that easy to do. Perhaps if they heeded your advice you could help the military Chaplains contact all the deceased member's families. While you are at, make sure you tell them that you were the one that requested them all to lay down their weapons. I would give it your first KIA's family before they ripped you limb from limb.

Try thinking of someone other then yourself before you spout your agenda. Either that or enlist and walk a mile in a troop's boots.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I am not a marine, but I hear every word you are saying.. powerful.

World peace needs to break out in a definitive fashion, it is going to be essential for mankind to prosper and grow... Perhaps that is what the OP is saying by calling to armed forces to lay down their guns.

But to the individual marine/soldier/digger, I take it it ain't that easy to put down their guns and say "No more"...

This guy in the video really had an effect on me, total respect to him

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Its war.

It's war.... For what?? What are we at war for? First it was because Saddam had WMDs.

Then after that proved to be a hoax, we were told we were "at war for the people". Because they were oppressed.

So you're telling me that we must kill innocent people, because we are fighting FOR the people??

Please explain it to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

[edit on 22-1-2010 by defcon2]

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's war.. How many of you have been in history class, and listened to warfare lectures in the past? Did you not get sickened by the rapes, murders and dehumanizing of people as wars advanced through the years? Now, how many of you have went home on the same day and watched movies about wars and see them explain what kind of horrors there are? At the same time, the make one man/woman a hero and present him a glorious manner.

It's war.. Such a brash statement. You don't see that the powers have made you accept that killing, and humiliating another human is just ..war? Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan
[mor

+45 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Its War

It's War?

When did Iraq declare War.?

It's a God Damn Occupation!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Another testimony to the atrocities and crimes against humanity...at the hands of the "good ol' U.S.A.".......spreading democracy through the barrel of a gun....

Cpl. Jason Washburn talks about humiliating, slaughtering and 'lighting up' innocent civilians....

One Iraqi woman was bringing a bag of food to the troops and they 'lit her up.'

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
War is the legal sanctioning the murdering of fellow human beings on a massive scale.

If you're a service man, put that f%$#ing weapon down and come home.

The American people were tricked by a false flag (911) into "war". You all were manipulated.

War is not right

War is murder

I protested against the Vietnam War and I am protesting against this war.

Wake the frig up people, this is about the oil, power and ancient artifacts.

This "war" like all the wars before it are a rich elites "game" and TPTB are using our sons, daughters and husbands to fight it and most of you line up and like a bunch of dumb sheep and service this madness!

William Bramley researched for over 7 years why we make war with each other........his conclusions resulted in the book "The Gods of Eden".

To you - sitting over here far far away, it may "just be war" to the person who is actually there, living through this nightmare and holding their dying baby in their arms, feeling their soul slip away it's not "just war"

That is apathetic callousness to the enth degree and I claim no part of it.

When will humanity grow up?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by rainfall

Its War

It's War?

When did Iraq declare War.?

It's a God Damn Occupation!!!

When did the US declare war?
Yes, it is an occupation.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I agree with you 100%. Anything that is not self defence, is murder.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Its war.

Please, tell your husband....

Thank you for your service!

Men like your husband should have been given a lifetime of ease and pleasure after the way they were treated when they came home.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

h

Beat me to the punch! I was already smelling a commie rat! Likely some of these disinfo agents we're hearing about.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whilst I have respect for ALL the soldiers frighting for their beliefs or 'way of life' , I cannot condone or agree with ANY killing of innocents , when the soldiers fighting KNOW they are innocent and killing them simply because they are ordered to do doesn't make it right.
ANY soldier that is ordered to kill innocents directly should disobey, but I think they are more afraid to ignore the order because of the backlash and fear mongering by their superiors if they don't comply.
Now before you start slating me I know that sometime innocents get caught in the crossfire so that sort of excuses the soldiers as civilians that are aware of the situation, i.e incoming battle and should vacate the area as best they can, of course thats IF they can.
But to be honest , war is pretty much all we do these days, and its getting boring.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
War is the legal sanctioning the murdering of fellow human beings on a massive scale.

If you're a service man, put that f%$#ing weapon down and come home.

The American people were tricked by a false flag (911) into "war". You all were manipulated.

War is not right

War is murder

I protested against the Vietnam War and I am protesting against this war.

Wake the frig up people, this is about the oil, power and ancient artifacts.

This "war" like all the wars before it are a rich elites "game" and TPTB are using our sons, daughters and husbands to fight it and most of you line up and like a bunch of dumb sheep and service this madness!

William Bramley researched for over 7 years why we make war with each other........his conclusions resulted in the book "The Gods of Eden".

To you - sitting over here far far away, it may "just be war" to the person who is actually there, living through this nightmare and holding their dying baby in their arms, feeling their soul slip away it's not "just war"

That is apathetic callousness to the enth degree and I claim no part of it.

When will humanity grow up?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

Nam protester?

What level? Did you just protest the war or did you protest the soldiers also?

Hippies....My parents were from your gen. Thank god they were from the South. No hippies in my clan.

You say to the troops, "just lay down your weapons". Easy to say if your behind a keyboard (or enjoying a draft deferment/canadian vacation).

I want our guys home now also. While their there though, I want them to eliminate anything that tries to eliminate them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join