It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President General Andrew Jackson: ATS Idol

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Andrew Jackson (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837). In the presidential campaign of 1824, he won more popular votes but not enough electoral votes to win the elction which was eventually decided by the House of Reps. who choose John Q. Adams.

Jackson supporters denounced this result as a "corrupt bargain" because Clay gave his state's support to Adams, and subsequently Adams appointed Clay as Secretary of State. As none of Kentucky's electors had initially voted for Adams, and Jackson had won the popular vote, it appeared that Henry Clay had violated the will of the people and substituted his own judgment in return for personal political favors. Jackson's defeat burnished his political credentials, however; many voters believed the "man of the people" had been robbed by the "corrupt aristocrats of the East."
Afetr he was elected in the 1828 election, Jackson became the 1st president to invite the general public to the inauguration white house ball.

Jackson was the first President to invite the public to attend the White House ball honoring his first inauguration. Many poor people came to the inaugural ball in their homemade clothes. The crowd became so large that Jackson's guards could not hold them out of the White House. The White House became so crowded with people that dishes and decorative pieces in the White House began to break. Some people stood on good chairs in muddied boots just to get a look at the President. The crowd had become so wild that the attendants poured punch in tubs and put it on the White House lawn to lure people out of the White House. Jackson's raucous populism earned him the nickname King Mob

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9df4c51b7d28.jpg[/atsimg]

During his presidency, Jackson did the following:

1835, Jackson managed to reduce the federal debt to only $33,733.05, the lowest it had been since the first fiscal year of 1791.[21] President Jackson is the only president in United States history to have paid off the national debt. However, this accomplishment was short lived. A severe depression from 1837 to 1844 caused a tenfold increase in national debt within its first year
Jackson blamed the Central Bank..

The Second Bank of the United States was authorized for a twenty year period during James Madison's tenure in 1816. As President, Jackson worked to rescind the bank's federal charter. In Jackson's veto message the bank needed to be abolished because:

It concentrated the nation's financial strength in a single institution.
It exposed the government to control by foreign interests.
It served mainly to make the rich richer.
It exercised too much control over members of Congress.

Following Jefferson, Jackson supported an "agricultural republic" and felt the Bank improved the fortunes of an "elite circle" of commercial and industrial entrepreneurs at the expense of farmers and laborers. After a titanic struggle, Jackson succeeded in destroying the Bank by vetoing its 1832 re-charter by Congress and by withdrawing U.S. funds in 1833.

.....Sound Familiar

On January 30, 1835, what is believed to be the first attempt to kill a sitting President of the United States occurred just outside the United States Capitol. When Jackson was leaving the Capitol out of the East Portico after the funeral of South Carolina Representative Warren R. Davis, Richard Lawrence, an unemployed and deranged housepainter from England, either burst from a crowd or stepped out from hiding behind a column and aimed a pistol at Jackson which misfired. Lawrence then pulled out a second pistol which also misfired.
Jackson blamed the Central Bankers for this attempt.

www.ushistory.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Jackson wanted to end the Electoral College, he ended the 2nd central bank, he was the common americans president. Victorious at the Battle of New Orleans against the british in 1815 effectively sealing our victory (even tho the war was over by then). President general Andrew Jackson was a great american who was in office to serve the people, for the people and withthe people..

Notable Andrew Jackson quotes:
"I have always been afraid of banks."

" weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives, and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office."

"I would sincerely regret, and which never shall happen whilst I am in office, a military guard around the President."

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes."

"Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. "

"The duty of government is to leave commerce to its own capital and credit as well as all other branches of business, protecting all in their legal pursuits, granting exclusive privileges to none."

President General Andrew Jackson, ATS Idol... thank you for your time.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have to say that Andrew Jackson was one of the best presidents in American history. Destroying the central bank, AND basically erasing our national debt? That's one awesome and honest president. Come elections of 2012, I'm gonna vote for Andrew Jackson.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yay! He is one of my favorite presidents. He had two attempts on his life so that a new president that is more corruptable may take his place.

This thread shall be interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Great thread Coffinman....

Thanks for the info....a lot of facts I did not know....

Do you think that an 'Andrew Jackson' will emerge from the shadows in the future..?....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Wow really? I think I might know the guy you are talking about

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Andrew Jackson was just another scum bag on the list whites that came to rape and kill over 100 million Natives and Hispanics living in America first.
Nothing great about this man.
Freemasons / Jews fighting each other for power, money and land that they stole doesn't make one better than the other, they are all the scum of the planet.

He was responsible for The Indian Removal Act and known to be one the hardest slave drivers ever that very much supported slavery.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Besides his legal and political career, Jackson prospered as a slave owner, planter, and merchant. In 1803 he owned a lot, and built a home and the first general store in Gallatin. The slaves that Jackson owned did the hardest work on the plantation. The primary crop was cotton, grown by enslaved workers. Jackson started with nine slaves, by 1820 he held as many as 44, and later held up to 150 slaves. Throughout his lifetime Jackson would own as many as 300 slaves."

He was ordered by President James Monroe in December 1817 to lead a campaign in Georgia against the Seminole and Creek Indians. Jackson was also charged with preventing Spanish Florida from becoming a refuge for runaway slaves. Critics later alleged that Jackson exceeded orders in his Florida actions

The man was a pile of crap, just like all the U.S Presidents and freemansons.
Nothing good comes out of America, the land built on genocide and slavery of millions.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7

They didnt call him "Old Hickory" for nothing... I must note at the Battle of New Orlenas, Jackson's ragtag army was composed of United States army troops; Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana militia; Baratarian pirates; Choctaw warriors; and free black soldiers. I appreciate your opinon however since you've already made up your mind, your opinon doesnt mean much..

From 1814 to 1824, Jackson was instrumental in negotiating nine out of eleven treaties which divested the southern tribes of their eastern lands in exchange for lands in the west. The tribes agreed to the treaties for strategic reasons. They wanted to appease the government in the hopes of retaining some of their land, and they wanted to protect themselves from white harassment. As a result of the treaties, the United States gained control over three-quarters of Alabama and Florida, as well as parts of Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky and North Carolina. This was a period of voluntary Indian migration, however, and only a small number of Creeks, Cherokee and Choctaws actually moved to the new lands

www.pbs.org...

And the slaves he did have were treated kindly and takin care of by Jackson

Andrew Jackson's wife had a heart attack in the presence of their slave. He pushed the slave aside, crying and hugged his wife. Jackson died 17 years later next to the same slave, who is quoted saying, "Master Jackson was a good man. I have no doubt they let him in heaven."

[edit on 21-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I like to see the good in a man and only keep in my mind the evil. I hold nothing to him, he was overall a good man. He had his views, he was a great president.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
He was responsible for The Indian Removal Act and known to be one the hardest slave drivers ever that very much supported slavery.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Besides his legal and political career, Jackson prospered as a slave owner, planter, and merchant. In 1803 he owned a lot, and built a home and the first general store in Gallatin. The slaves that Jackson owned did the hardest work on the plantation. The primary crop was cotton, grown by enslaved workers. Jackson started with nine slaves, by 1820 he held as many as 44, and later held up to 150 slaves. Throughout his lifetime Jackson would own as many as 300 slaves."

He was ordered by President James Monroe in December 1817 to lead a campaign in Georgia against the Seminole and Creek Indians. Jackson was also charged with preventing Spanish Florida from becoming a refuge for runaway slaves. Critics later alleged that Jackson exceeded orders in his Florida actions

You are right in the sense that He did basically exterminate a bunch of Indians, and he may have been a slave driver. BUT! At that time, there was nothing wrong with that. By doing that, he was just the average Joe General, back then. When he became president, is when he really started to matter.

The point is that as a president, he's done more than any other president to help the people of this nation. Has any president since him erased the national debt? No. Has any president since him tried to stop, let alone succeed, at stopping the central bank? No.

Also: Andrew Jackson's wife had a heart attack in the presence of their slave. He pushed the slave aside, crying and hugged his wife. Jackson died 17 years later next to the same slave, who is quoted saying, "Master Jackson was a good man. I have no doubt they let him in heaven." If I am correct, not a whole lot of slaves managed to live 17 years under a slave owner. Doesn't that say something?

[edit on 21/1/2010 by TwilightMage]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

however since your not american, your opinon doesnt mean much..

Like father like son.

Actually, your American, so your opinion doesn't mean much.
No one is looking up to America anymore, the Leave it to Beaver days are done.

Ask the Native Hispanics and Blacks what any American forefather has done for them.
This is nothing more than an ego stroke and since when does the internet belong to America?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Like father like son.

Actually, your American, so your opinion doesn't mean much.
No one is looking up to America anymore, the Leave it to Beaver days are done.

Ask the Native Hispanics and Blacks what any American forefather has done for them.
This is nothing more than an ego stroke and since when does the internet belong to America?

I hate to say it cause i usually dont, but it sounds to me like you harbor some hatred. this makes your opinon bias and void. and by me saying "since your not american, your opinon doesnt mean much" i meant since your not american, you dont know what andrew jackson did or how great he was. you didnt grow up learning about his military victories or his war with the central bankers. dont spin my words to fit your racist agenda

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes, it's very strange that he would have his slaves do the hard work.

If you read the link you posted, you would have seen that he took Florida to stop the attacks sponsored by the English and Spanish:
"Jackson believed that the United States would not be secure as long as Spain and the United Kingdom encouraged Indians to fight and argued that his actions were undertaken in self-defense. Jackson captured Pensacola, Florida, with little more than some warning shots, and deposed the Spanish governor. He captured and then tried and executed two British subjects, Robert Ambrister and Alexander Arbuthnot, who had been supplying and advising the Indians. Jackson's action also struck fear into the Seminole tribes as word spread of his ruthlessness in battle (Jackson was known as "Sharp Knife").

"In his December 8, 1829, First Annual Message to Congress, Jackson stated:
"This emigration should be voluntary, for it would be as cruel as unjust to compel the aborigines to abandon the graves of their fathers and seek a home in a distant land. But they should be distinctly informed that if they remain within the limits of the States they must be subject to their laws. In return for their obedience as individuals they will without doubt be protected in the enjoyment of those possessions which they have improved by their industry.""

On his own record: "Jackson had been negotiating treaties and removal policies with Indian leaders for years before his election as president. Many tribes and portions of tribes had been removed to Arkansas Territory and further west of the Mississippi River without the suffering and tragedies of what later became known as the Trail of Tears. Further, many white Americans advocated total extermination of the "savages," particularly those who had experienced frontier wars. Jackson's support of removal policies can be best understood by examination of those prior cases he had personally negotiated, rather than those which took place in post-presidential years. Nevertheless, Jackson is often held responsible for all which took place in the 1830s."

The "Trail of Tears" was forced by the Governor of Georgia, and the discovery of gold in that state:
"While frequently frowned upon in the North, and opposed by Jeremiah Evarts and Theodore Frelinghuysen, the Removal Act was popular in the South, where population growth and the discovery of gold on Cherokee land had increased pressure on tribal lands. The state of Georgia became involved in a contentious jurisdictional dispute with the Cherokees, culminating in the 1832 U.S. Supreme Court decision (Worcester v. Georgia) which ruled that Georgia could not impose its laws upon Cherokee tribal lands. Jackson is often quoted (regarding the decision) as having said, "John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it!""

I don't see anything about him being a Freemason or Jew, either. As a matter of fact:
"Since he was not from a distinguished family, he had to make his career by his own merits; soon he began to prosper in the rough-and-tumble world of frontier law."

Nice Link.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

since when does the internet belong to America?

not meaning to get off topic but i couldnt help it.

The Internet was created as a project in 1958 by the United States Government ARPA (The Advanced Research Projects Agency) to network computers in order to gain a technological, and potentially a military advantage over the Soviets in the middle of the cold war.
DENY IGNORANCE
wiki.answers.com...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightMage

The point is that as a president, he's done more than any other president to help the people of this nation. Has any president since him erased the national debt? No. Has any president since him tried to stop, let alone succeed, at stopping the central bank? No.

Well I guess it's fine that he killed a bunch of people, as long as it was in the name of money, its fine.
Honestly the only reason he would care about the central banks was because of money being lost out of his pocket, he didn't give a dam about you or anyone else.

Also: Andrew Jackson's wife had a heart attack in the presence of their slave. He pushed the slave aside, crying and hugged his wife. Jackson died 17 years later next to the same slave, who is quoted saying, "Master Jackson was a good man. I have no doubt they let him in heaven." If I am correct, not a whole lot of slaves managed to live 17 years under a slave owner. Doesn't that say something?

Beating slaves for 400 years until they show token kindness to their oppressors is called Stockholm syndrome

The man was a pile of crap, end of story.

If you think a few bucks was worth a over 100 million deaths and slavery then good for you.

Whats the U.S. National Debt today?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So only Americans should be allowed to post on this forum?

If your going to post about a President, prepare to hear some dirt.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

"ATS" idol... ATS is made up of many people from all over the world. In the fight against TPTB, andrew jackson is second to none for his support for the common man. Americans have a little better knowledge on the man, now non-americans will know alittle more about "old hickory" too.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well I guess it's fine that he killed a bunch of people, as long as it was in the name of money, its fine.
Honestly the only reason he would care about the central banks was because of money being lost out of his pocket, he didn't give a dam about you or anyone else.

Beating slaves for 400 years until they show token kindness to their oppressors is called Stockholm syndrome

The man was a pile of crap, end of story.

If you think a few bucks was worth a over 100 million deaths and slavery then good for you.

Whats the U.S. National Debt today?

Yes, he did kill some people. He was a soldier. Did you not see his title General Andrew Jackson. Even in today's military, you have to kill a few to get anywhere. In the name of money? I don't think so. He fought the banks because they were ruining the country. Put the country into debt, and that country now listens to your every whim and command. He didn't want that.

Beating slaves for 400 years? Sorry if I'm wrong, but last I knew, humans didn't live for 400 years. What happened before them had nothing to do with anyone getting stockholm syndrome. It's what happened during their lifetime, ASSUMING they even had that. Do you have proof that they did? No. You can't going around saying that anyone has a random syndrome, or anything. You can't even claim it, unless you can back it up in solid facts.

You seem to be ignorant to the facts.. Open your eyes, some. You might learn something new.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Hi, I live in Canada, We have the same history books here too.
What secret hidden information on Andrew Jackson's life is available to U.S and not Canada?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Here is some from your link:
"Jackson received a sporadic education in the local "old-field" school. During the American Revolutionary War, Jackson, at age thirteen, joined a local regiment as a courier.[7] Andrew and his brother Robert Jackson were captured by the British and held as prisoners of war; they nearly starved to death in captivity. When Andrew refused to clean the boots of a British officer, the irate redcoat slashed at him with a sword, giving him scars on his left hand and head, as well as an intense hatred for the British.[8] While imprisoned, the brothers contracted smallpox. Robert died a few days after their mother secured their release. After Jackson's mother was assured Andrew would recover, she left to nurse soldiers and later died from disease. Jackson was orphaned by age 14. (His eldest brother, Hugh, died from heat and exhaustion during the Battle of Stono Ferry in 1779.) Jackson's entire immediate family had died from hardships during the war for which Jackson blamed the British."

He fought for our independence.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightMage
In the name of money? I don't think so. He fought the banks because they were ruining the country.

Banks ruining the country?

What the hell did white people do when they came to America?
If that doesn't count as ruining the country to begin with then I don't know what does.

Now today on the big picture, who is responsible for ruining the earth in every way?

America, specificity the race of people that are running it.

facts are facts, if you don't like to hear it then you shouldn't have done it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join