It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when did deep thinkers become the crazy people?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I normally am an anonymous user until now. I agree with what you have brought up. I always asked my teachers:
what is science without questions? If we didn't ask the questions to begin with and theorized ideas rationally then were would our human race be heading in near future?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Since when? Since about 2500 years. I can understand a man living thousands of years ago, say, named Ezekiel, interpreting a UFO landing and abducting him as being god descending from the heavens. That would be quite rational and reasonable given mankind's level of development and scientific knowledge at that time. To believe in such mystical cr@p in this day and age, however, is unacceptable to me. You'd have to be stupid and/or crazy. Only thing worse than old religion is new (age) religion.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks for putting this out there, it's been on my mind a while too. In all honesty I get stick a lot of the time. I know why it happens, it seems when you present folk with new information especially if radically or proof is not conclusive a number of things happens:

1) They hear you but their belief system is not open and so cannot accommodate new information of the nature you are discussing, the result is

2) Rather than be honest and say it's a struggle for them to adjust their belief system accordingly and take in what you say (the mind is very lazy like that), instead their EGO will kick in to protect their so called reputation and perception of their own grandeur and they will often 'put you down' to 'prop them up'. It's crazy I know but if they choose to live in their so called smug world full of ignoranace just because their head hurts (which they'd never admit) then leave them behind in your wake of insight and wisdom. Really some people just aren't worth it.

3) Some people for some reason cannot take a leap of thinking with regards new information, again this is mostly due to laziness.

4) They lie to themselves - Often people will literally lie to themselves and assure themselves that they ae actually cleverer or more knowledgable than they really are. Denouncing or putting someone else down bassed on radical new info is not only easier for them, it also does not threaten to 'disturb' their mindset by taking it on board (they often won't even be open to the idea). In truth such folk are the crazy people as they are stuck not in an illusion but in a delusion of their own making.

5) In truth you scare their subconscious mind with your ideas.

So to sumarise if someone calls you crazy because your ideas are a little radical tell them this, "it's the crazy one's that will be remembered, not the sheep who wallow in ignorance, even if wrong at least you have the mental capability to comprehend such things, in truth you are not scared to be different (then pull this face
) "

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
deep thinkers have always been called the crazy people, because they usually know things that other people find impossible to accept.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join