It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when did deep thinkers become the crazy people?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by ThePublicSpirit
reply to post by CHA0S

This is the result of a 10 second search I just did.
If you are really interested in the truth, you start doing some of your own research, before ridiculing other members.
Humans are hardwired to believe in God

Did you really just post a link to the dailymail and in passing reference called it research?

Really?
Obviously you, again, jumped at the first opportunity to undermine. Try looking at the sources and individuals that were presented.

I even said that I grabbed the first thing I saw in a 10 second search.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicSpirit

Do you honestly not see how rude and close minded your posts are?
Just because you don't understand my point, or haven't read what I have read?

Instead, if there is something you don't believe, or need proof of, why not just ask?
No...my post was not rude in the slightest...I was merely explaining my point of view, which is that claim was ludicrous....and I was not being close minded, because I have extremely good reasons for saying it's ludicrous, and understand your point perfectly. I don't need to ask for proof, because I am living proof that not using the "God muscle" doesn't do something bad to us...I know a vast amount of religious people who are so ignorant, often depressed and angry, and spiritually unfulfilled...but anyhow...lets examine the evidence you presented...

His work is supported by other researchers who have found evidence linking religious feelings and experience to particular regions of the brain.

They suggest people are programmed to receive a feeling of spirituality from electrical activity in these areas.
These religious feelings activate a part of the brain which provide a feeling of spiritually...and I'd assume it doesn't have to be specifically religion that activates this area of the brain...anything of a spiritual nature will cause this part of the brain to light up...it isn't a "God muscle"...it's a "spirituality muscle"...

The professor, who will present his findings at the British Science Association's annual meeting this week, sees organised religion as just part of a spectrum of supernatural beliefs.
Exactly...religion is just part of the spectrum involving spiritual/supernatural beliefs and will activate the same part of the brain...it's ludicrous to claim we are hardwired to believe in God and that we have a "God muscle"...we are hardwired to be spiritual and we have a "spirituality muscle" my friend...

I'll ask you one simple question; have do you practice meditation? If not, I think you'll find your "god muscle" is merely a much smaller portion of a larger muscle which does not require religious guidance once you have begun to flex and build this muscle.
Exactly...that's what I'm getting at...

[edit on 24/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

This thread had much potential. Instead is seems to have degraded into a talk about religion and drug use and was set along that path right from the original post.
Yes, this thread did have much potential, and that potential has been reached with over 10 pages of responses that are quite interesting. We've not long started going into flat out discussion involving religion (and a little while ago drugs) because the thread has died down and we're still enjoying our little conversation...and why does talk about drugs and religion have to be of lower importance? Our discussion has "degraded" into worthless crap has it? I wouldn't agree...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

did you just quote me?

I'm not sure if it was to show me something or to reiterate my point of anything is possible..like ideas and theories and such.

DEEP THINKING IS.....(definition): um let me think.....

and thats basically IT.

sorry if you "thought" there was more to it.

or maybe that is it,thinking further than you ever thought to think about thinking.....while thinking!

sorry, i had to say it!!! lol

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thatJESTERjustin

Here's what I said before concerning what a "deep thinker" actually is...maybe "deep" wasn't the best word to use in the threads title...but who knows...

...a deep thinker has the ability to question and explore these out-of-the-box concepts and ideas...whether they are right or wrong makes no difference...it's the fact that they have the brain power to seperate themselves from the pack of sheeple, and stop being a mindless robot, and try to think for themselves...but when they do this, it immediately makes them crazy, like us conspiracy theorists who have the ability to question the Government and our supposed reality...we realize not everything is as it seems and exactly how we are told it is...but this makes us crazy people to everyone else...because they don't have the ability to exert such a degree of independent thought and question the truth about things...they believe everything is truly as they are told and the Government would never lie to them...it's a neat little package where they are never wrong because they know it all...so anyone who challenges them and offers out-of-the-box ideas are crazy...when it's just not true...they just have the ability to think a little deeper about things and think for themselves...
In other words...they don't just get told what to think and what to do and then think and do those things like a computer would...they have the ability to question things and challenge the system...which in turn, makes them crazy according to the bulk of society...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatJESTERjustin

did you just quote me?

Quite possibly possible!

I'm not sure if it was to show me something or to reiterate my point of anything is possible..like ideas and theories and such.

Perhaps bordering on madness. Anything possible at all places and all times (if that's what's being implied)? No, reality wouldn't manifest under discernable laws in that case.

DEEP THINKING IS.....(definition): um let me think.....

and thats basically IT.

sorry if you "thought" there was more to it.

Well taken. I enjoy puns.

or maybe that is it,thinking further than you ever thought to think about thinking.....while thinking!

sorry, i had to say it!!! lol

CHAOS said I said it was "crap" but I didn't.

From the title, it seemed it could be a discussion unravelling madness from deep thinking and where people's preconceptions play into confusing the two. I did read it all and found the discussion really wasn't about the topic, or what it seemed to be. Perhaps that's my own preconceptions but I have to weigh-in English being my native tongue and the customary attributions of meaning to the words. Is it about what it's about?

Edit: Anyway, I obviously needed some catchup and I see you're nudging it back on topic.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I AGREE!! it wasn't the best title.....
but it did get me interested....

and for that i am greateful to you.

Let me be more precise with my thought process interface....
1.god is a figment of YOUR imagination.
2.humans are here for MY amusement.
3.I am the ONLY wolf among the sheep of society.
4.YOU do not exist in reference to ME.
5.I am the truth and the lie for only i control the info.
6.......loading.....please wait.....

IM HUMAN!!!!

but most of all....

Im a "TEXAN" man....i really don't care! GUNS ARE THE WAY of life and death down here in the south.come to hell sometime and realize you know nothing of anything.
if you want to argue that,then..... you better bring your guns,and a whole bunch of people for me to take aim at.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

"Think Different" like Steve Jobs tells you to do isn't necessarily deep thinking. It could be plain insanity which CAN get one out of a rut of stagnation, but it must not stop there. Spinning an out of control delusion won't necessarily lead to anything worthwhile or correct. "Worthwhile" I suppose is relative to the intended goal (say, if you want to make money selling unfounded conspiracy fantasia). Who brought up Icke just a moment ago (yes, I actually forgot already)?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
im sorry...

my texan side came out.
i don't like resorting to violence so quick,it shows lack of intelligence.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

come to hell sometime and realize you know nothing of anything.
if you want to argue that,then..... you better bring your guns,and a whole bunch of people for me to take aim at.
Why would I want to argue that...it says right there in my signature I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance...or am I not even allowed to know that?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatJESTERjustin
im sorry...

my texan side came out.

A lively side it is. Had me

i don't like resorting to violence so quick,it shows lack of intelligence.

And you were trying to hide lack of intelligence? /joke (don't shoot me, please!)

[edit on 1/24/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Spinning an out of control delusion won't necessarily lead to anything worthwhile or correct.
Possibly not...but it COULD...but never questioning anything will almost NEVER lead to anything worthwhile or correct will it? Which one is better?

EDIT: I've got a good quote for you:

I'd rather be mad with the truth than sane with lies.
-An anonymous psychiatric patient and poet

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

tu che......

i think i should kick myself for that one...

and usually i have a different kind of response from those.lol

anyone on this site could in fact be a deep thinker,but there are many who choose to believe what they are told on THIS site.

i commend those who oppose,but not without reason.
logic is there and idea is sound, then we got a theory.
otherwise its crazy talk and not worth the thought process for intelligent individuals.

am i right or wrong?
lol

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Spinning an out of control delusion won't necessarily lead to anything worthwhile or correct.
Possibly not...but it COULD...but never questioning anything will almost NEVER lead to anything worthwhile or correct will it? Which one is better?

One sense is like an uncontrolled thermonuclear detonation, blinding and destructive. The other sense is regulated chaos, leading to power and lasting light. But buried in the ground, the fuel lays decaying.

EDIT: I've got a good quote for you:

I'd rather be mad with the truth than sane with lies.
-An anonymous psychiatric patient and poet

I do like that. Properly mad for ponderance it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

logic is there and idea is sound, then we got a theory.
otherwise its crazy talk and not worth the thought process for intelligent individuals.

am i right or wrong?
No...I'd say you're quite correct...logic is what holds an argument together...and if it lacks logic, and is basically just a meaningless ramble...well it could very well be crazy talk...but not always, because one could also argue everything starts off as nothing but a theory which may be based on nothing at all...just a random idea a person came up with, but eventually gets proven true...so I guess they are crazy mad-men until we realize they were actually right...

EDIT: I guess the real difference between a mad-man and a "deep thinker"...would be:

Mad-man: Will challenge the system, and possibly produce a theory which may or may not be based on fact and logic, in either case, his theory is POTENTIALLY true, but will preach to people as if he has found the truth.

Deep-Thinker: Will challenge the system, and possibly produce a theory which may or may not be based on fact and logic, in either case, his theory is POTENTIALLY true, and will ask people to consider it, and look into it, instead of instantly claiming he's a mad-man for even proposing such ideas.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
the both of you make excellent points!
1 i like how both arguments are presented.
2 both give intellectual sides,instead of just saying you are wrong.
3 if i were friends with you both, i would just tell yall to fight it out and the winner is ..... the winner!

there goes my texan again.... lol

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

3 if i were friends with you both, i would just tell yall to fight it out and the winner is ..... the winner!
lol...but I wouldn't necessarily say we are disagreeing...we are slowly working towards one conclusion and refining our ideas...I hope...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
lol...but I wouldn't necessarily say we are disagreeing...we are slowly working towards one conclusion and refining our ideas...I hope...

Let the jester supply the revolvers and we can handle this in the town square at high noon, 20 paces, one chamber loaded, one chance. If we both miss, we both get hanged. Winner gets a free round at the saloon.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
well i've read my eyeballs out on this thread and fried my brain ...
but great thread and interesting posts.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Haha...I wouldn't usually agree to such a thing...but what the heck...I accept your challenge to a duel sir...may your bullets not strike me down and your aim be slightly off...

reply to post by ll__raine__ll

well i've read my eyeballs out on this thread
Well, may I suggest you try popping those suckers back in there or you may end up with permanent ATS eye damage...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join