It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at 'time to think' in regards to alternative topics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you remember me, but it has been quite a while since I've posted. Hello!

This is nothing groundbreaking, and it's mostly painfully obvious, though I think it still lost on some.

Recently I've taken an extended break from these kinds of ideas and topics that are presented here. Of course, they were always somewhere in the back of my head (as they have an impact on your general worldview), but I generally tried to stay away from the research and the concerns. I didnt do this because I've lost interest or concern, I did it to reset my thinking. I was getting caught up and a bit paranoid. Granted, there is good reason to be paranoid in some cases, but it is far too easy to let your instincts, wholly affected by these alternative ideas, become convoluted. It becomes similar to flinching at everything that moves.

Anyway, I am back, and I feel refreshed and I can see that some people here maybe need to take the initiative to reset and re-evaluate.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I figure this will slip under the radar a bit since it doesn't have a title like "END OF ALIEN SOCIETY 2012 MOST IMPORTANT NEWS EVER OH AND YELLOWSTONE TOO" like some of the ones I am seeing these days, but I thought it was important to share.

Wake up, people.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
taking time to 'reset.' I think that's a fantastic idea

You can learn such much about life, the universe, and everything on these boards, but you get no practical application experience if reading this material becomes all-encompassing and you neglect real life.

I think returning to 'normal' activities every so often could do wonders for the psyche.
nice.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Msot definitely. Then I found myself being taken more seriously when explaining alternative theories to others, instead of sounding like someone who had been underwater and was taking the first gasp for air.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You are absolutly correct !!

Good advice, is always welcome. Thank you !

A star and flag ! For you're thread.So it won't be just a blip.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Granted, most people don't want to think that they may be doing or saying too much. Most people don't really want to take any time to self evaluate at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

The vast majority of "information" on this board isn't actually information, but third-hand conjecture phrased as fact. I'm still holding out for any modern conspiracy theory on this board to get a single shred of substantiating evidence that something is happening now. Loads of folks on this board get so caught up in ATS that they think the government is "on to" them because they know the truth, when they don't even know the truth. They think they know some terrible secrets about the government, just because they read some guy's website about, for example, HAARP and how it's going to blow up the moon or some other such nonsense.

It says "deny ignorance" up there, and I guess some folks think that just reading those words is enough, instead of actually denying ignorance and not letting ATS be a home to kooks and nut jobs.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That's more or less my point. If we all don't take a step back and actually enjoy all of the things we are so paranoid about protecting, we lose sight of what we are doing all of this for. Lets all take a note from Ventura and remember to settle down for a while at certain points in our lives.

top topics

join