It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make a new political party... INVADE the existing ones!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
All this talk of a third party is well and good but the problem is, unless BOTH parties split at the same time, the party that did not split would be in control of everything for WAY too long. So, instead of talking about splitting a party, let's set up good, honest, smart Americans who believe in the Constitution to integrate into the existing parties. Let's change them from the outside in.

Our new party faction can toe the line on some party issues. Democratic... let's call them Constitutionalist for the sake of shortness can still agree with the dems on most of the issues important to democrats. The major difference is, they wouldn't sell out to Gucchi Gulch, otherwise known as those idiots that hover outside the litigation door always trying to get their way. They could take money from them but NOT change their stand on issues. If the Corporate and Special Interest idiots want to give our Constitutionalist candidate money, let them. They may as well be throwing their money down a rat-hole but if it makes them feel special...

The same thing should happen with the Republican party. Honest, good, Americans that just happen to lean to the right should invade the party in droves. They should start out with small things like city councils and Mayors of small towns, work their way up in the party, run for senator and then AFTER at least a few terms, for President. If we work at it, there are enough people on this site... and others like it to change things.

People are SICK of both political parties. They have been infected with people that LIKE having all the power. Some of these have formed the Progressive faction and yes, they ARE in both parties. Some people have gotten sick of the Republicans in general and wish to form a third party... DON'T! Unless the Democrats oblige you and split at the same time... it would be a disaster! Instead, if you possibly can and if you believe in the Constitution as it was written, start changing the parties. Yes, it would take a while for our candidates to move into a position to help. But when they do... BOTH parties would be flipped on their heads!

This is my call to all of you. DO something. Fall under a common banner, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, we all want the Constitution to be honored and followed. Let's stop complaining about how things are in Washington, let's invade both parties and turn them on their heads!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
IMHO, that is a bit like telling someone not to leave a gang, but stay and try to change their culture, their beliefs, and their actions. Right. Go start a new culture. In Americas' past, we had many other parties, and now just one. With two heads. That is playing THIER game. Take your marbles, and go home. You can't win at a game where they make up all the rules as they go.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Divide and conquer. The more parties we have, the more divided we become. United we stand, divided we fall. It would be historic to see all the parties "invade" one another and become one. How powerful would that be...things get done, no more finger pointing, stand as a model for the world over....alas, it's only a pipe dream

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It doesn't have to be. This could truly FIX our broken down government without having to throw everything out the window.

going to bed now. Night.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

No... the Constitutionalist would still agree with most of the historical party issues, they would just refuse to listen to the lobbyist and actually FOLLOW the Constitution, not try and change it according to their whims. There ARE people like I am talking about out there already... they just don't have a name yet.

Also, there are many different factions within both political parties. I'm just suggesting we add another.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I tend to believe that both parties are going to split. It is obvious that the R party is being split, mostly into R and tea party affiliates. Some are going Independent or Libertarian.

I see with the D party that the common democrat does not have very much in common with the wing nuts of the party. I don't see how the D's can survive as such a large group.

I can see there possibly being 4 or 5 parties.

My guess, from left wing to right wing: Progressives, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, Republicans.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

If you are correct, that would work well. However, I am seeing much more dissent in the Republican party than the Democratic party right now. Perhaps this will change in the future... I don't know.

The Progressives have managed to infiltrate both parties, why can't Constitutionalist?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
reply to post by sporkmonster

If you are correct, that would work well. However, I am seeing much more dissent in the Republican party than the Democratic party right now.

And why is there dissent in the GOP? Power struggles. The ideology of hate and control against moderates. Let the TPM sink or swim on its own merits.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If you really want to get down to it this is exactly what has been claimed that the democratic party has done to the republicans. They have infiltrated their ranks and have begun to minimize their hold and power in congress.

I don't know though. What you are saying is how most people who decide to enter politics start out. They start out feeling like they will make a change. That they will right the wrongs. Then they do get that 'money' you're talking about.

You see, you can't just take it and then not do what you agreed to do in order to get it. Why? Well, because giving money for votes is kind of illegal. Once you receive the benefits from the lobbyists they have you. You will be blackmailed for your entire career.

You don't change the system, the system changes you. Money is a BIG motivator. Especially if you come from a place where you never had much. It will take strict morals and nerves of steel to hold out.

Something that many people lack in today's society. I hate to admit it but I fear that I would even be changed if enough crap is constantly thrown at me. Of course I would like to think that it wouldn't happen but I have witnessed it in a few friends who came into money. They change their views towards us poor folken very quickly.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think one day,the Conservatives in the Republican Party may have to start a third party(Maybe with the Tea Party demonstrators). I'm hoping the GOP will become more conservative however.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
All I know is that we don't need to focus on 'going back'- no going back to the good old days, no old-style political parties. We need to make our institutions evolve as our country and our culture have. Instead, they have gone down a side road and they have no idea how to join us again.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by popilluminati]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by popilluminati

Political parties are a thing of the past. Only entertainment and amusement like the NFL, NASCAR and Pro wrestling teams, existing only for those adolescent minds that like to shout "were number 1" an opportunity to do so. It's all illusion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have entered a new phase in American Corporate Fascism.

The new one and only party the ACF

God help us!!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Technically the Republican party should be made illegal, just like the Nazi's were in Germany. The Nazi's destroyed Germany and the Republicans destroyed the USA. I don't think its acceptable for the Republicans to distance themselves from Bush, that would be like the Nazi's trying to distance themselves from Hitler. In fact they did, and look what happened to them anyway.

This doesn't mean the Democrats are all angels though, Bill Clinton was guilty of high treason and theoretically should have got the death penalty. Not to mention how he failed to deal with the terrorism issue.

I just think they need to deal with lobbying and campaign donations, this is what corrupts political parties. Look at how Israel lobbies the government, they practically have politicians eating out of the hands. There's also the example of how China and corporate lobby groups lobbied Clinton to sign the China Trade Bill.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

Bullsh*t,what do you want a one party system with the Democraps being the only party?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The OP's idea is interesting, but the existing parties are too encumbered and encrusted with ideological baggage that is no longer relevant. They are also burdened with all these "hangers-on" who represent the old order and are about as easy to get rid of as barnacles.

It's time for a fresh start. A party that goes beyond left and right and ends the tired old one-dimensional "libs versus cons" punch-and-judy show.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First off, get rid of primary elections. So what if there's 10 democrats and 12 republicans running! Let them all run. More options means more choices for the voters. I agree in more than just a 2 party system. That's what divides the country. We vote for the party now instead of the person. I vote my concience, not my party line. I'm conservative by nature but don't call myself a republican. Progressives have taken over both parties but most claim the democrats. List of progressives are as follows:

1. Barack Obama
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Harry Reid
4. Barney Frank
5. John McCain
6. Rahm Emmanuel
7. Cass Sunstein
8. Nancy Pelosi
9. Joe Biden
10. Lindsey Graham

That's just a few. Those who want to take away individual liberties and steal our money... the Robin Hood effect, "Take from the rich and give to the poor."

The tea party movement which started in the Ron Paul campaign is a breath of fresh air as long as the posers and extreme racist nut jobs stay out of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Bullsh*t,what do you want a one party system with the Democraps being the only party?

I explained how I thought the Democrats "weren't all angels" and touched on how I thought Bill Clinton was "guilty of high treason". Perhaps you should only post on this website after you learn to read. No wonder the country's going down the tubes.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I took a hiatus for a few months, came back after the elections, saw this and grinned to myself.
I think the Tea Party was listening to my OP lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

clever thoughts

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
All this talk of a third party is well and good but the problem is, unless BOTH parties split at the same time, the party that did not split would be in control of everything for WAY too long. So, instead of talking about splitting a party, let's set up good, honest, smart Americans who believe in the Constitution to integrate into the existing parties. Let's change them from the outside in.

Our new party faction can toe the line on some party issues. Democratic... let's call them Constitutionalist for the sake of shortness can still agree with the dems on most of the issues important to democrats. The major difference is, they wouldn't sell out to Gucchi Gulch, otherwise known as those idiots that hover outside the litigation door always trying to get their way. They could take money from them but NOT change their stand on issues. If the Corporate and Special Interest idiots want to give our Constitutionalist candidate money, let them. They may as well be throwing their money down a rat-hole but if it makes them feel special...

The same thing should happen with the Republican party. Honest, good, Americans that just happen to lean to the right should invade the party in droves. They should start out with small things like city councils and Mayors of small towns, work their way up in the party, run for senator and then AFTER at least a few terms, for President. If we work at it, there are enough people on this site... and others like it to change things.

People are SICK of both political parties. They have been infected with people that LIKE having all the power. Some of these have formed the Progressive faction and yes, they ARE in both parties. Some people have gotten sick of the Republicans in general and wish to form a third party... DON'T! Unless the Democrats oblige you and split at the same time... it would be a disaster! Instead, if you possibly can and if you believe in the Constitution as it was written, start changing the parties. Yes, it would take a while for our candidates to move into a position to help. But when they do... BOTH parties would be flipped on their heads!

This is my call to all of you. DO something. Fall under a common banner, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, we all want the Constitution to be honored and followed. Let's stop complaining about how things are in Washington, let's invade both parties and turn them on their heads!

My answer to the government, make them Read publicly The Declaration of Independance, then point out how they obied by each amendment. They would begin stuttering and choking within a few words.

peace to us all we need it

new topics

top topics

join