It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic Levitation is Real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Tibetan Monks that supposedly made things levitate by chanting?
While that sounds very cool, I never thought it was real. But it turns out, you can indeed use sound waves to levitate objects... and even stun or kill. Dig this...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wow that is really cool, I bet the Tibetan Monks chants to lift things sounded a lot better than that though!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is interesting, due to 2 things.

The object is levitating and did not shatter nor explode.
There is enough upward force to counter gravi-metric pressure.

Good find.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I just wish there was a way to keep this kind of thing out of the hands of the U.S. Military.

Especially the sound technology. I wonder if that's what they were trying to do in Iran?

This technology could be used for so many good purposes.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow, that machine was built in 1987 according to the person who uploaded it on YouTube.

This is an acoustic levitation chamber I designed and built in 1987 as a micro-gravity experiment for NASA related subject matter. The 12 inch cubed plexiglas Helmholtz Resonant Cavity has 3 speakers attached to the cube by aluminium acoustic waveguides. By applying a continuous resonant(600Hertz) sound wave, and by adjusting the amplitude and phase relationship amongst the 3 speakers; I was able to control levitation and movement in all 3 (x,y,z) axis of the ambient space. This research was used to show the effects of micro-gravity conditions that exist in the space shuttle environment in orbit, but done here on Earth in a lab. This is not "anti-gravity." So don't waste time arguing something pointless.

I wonder how far along we really are. And I find it interesting that he said, "Nasa related subject matter..."

S&F!!

(edit to add video mentioned)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
this really is amazing, like eagletalonz said this is old footage, imagine what we have now? existance never ceases to amaze me

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sure it's real but monks don't do it by chanting. It takes a very precise frequency (ultrasonic) and a powerful sound soruce.

As a result of multiple reflections between an ultrasonic radiator and a solid, flat or concave reflector - which is adjusted concentrically at a distance of some multiple half wavelengths - a standing wave with equally spaced nodes and antinodes of the sound pressure and velocity amplitude will be generated (see Figure 2-1). Solid or liquid samples with effective diameters of less than half a wavelength will be levitated without contact below the pressure nodes as a result of axial radiation pressure and radial Bernoulli stress. Minimal acoustic power is required for this levitation, when the sound wavelength is about three times the sample diameter (see Table 2-1).

Ultrasonic Levitator Manual

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That sounds WILD!

I need to get an Ultrasonic levitator for my car.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Decent find. It made me wonder if the guy in Florida that built the Coral Castle used a similar method to raise the huge blocks of coral? Anyway, it was a most interesting video.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Is anyone else reminded of ufo's when they look at the footage? This is exactly what ufo's look to be doing. It would seem if this was shot in the 80's, then on every single occasion a ufo has been sighted, it must have been a government project related to this technology.

I would expect i'm saying what most of you are thinking. This footage explains all ufo footage as government projects developing craft that can move due to sound waves. I would assume this to out way the need for fossil fuels and bring about a new future of transportation.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Except for the minor detail of the Helmholtz Resonant Cavity being necessary to create the standing waves which enable the levitation.

This is not anti-gravity any more than an airplane is. The force of the sound is overpowering the force of gravity.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Tibetan monk claim was made by a Swedish engineer who saw the monks sitting in a half circle with their sound energy focused at a parabolic point on a rock. Also there were huge horns behind the monks.

As far as the ultrasound goes -- what people neglect is energy transduction -- humans can actually hear ultrasound but only internally -- it's the highest pitch that you hear externally -- internally it resonates as ultrasound.

Also bone frequency resonates at ultrasound.

So monks trained in meditation sit in full-lotus which has your legs crossed with feet on the thighs and puts lots of pressure on the bones and then as the meditation develops you can flex your pineal gland for more ultrasound transduction.

Of course the energy doesn't stop with ultrasound -- there is finally the creation of light energy -- because the model of resonance is through complementary opposites -- not symmetric-based mathematics.

You can read my blog naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... for more details.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by andre18

Except for the minor detail of the Helmholtz Resonant Cavity being necessary to create the standing waves which enable the levitation.

Yeah but i'm theorising under the presumption that they've gotten passed this problem. What you see in the footage, is the basics - the advanced mechanics of the solution comes after further tests that would arise years later.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
We can all theorize about the possible applications for this technology and only two explanations could exist in my opinion. Either science has tested this and they couldn't get it to do anything practical, or the technology is off the chart cool and it's been kept from the public.

The first thing that came to mind for me was Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle. Could he have used a home made levitator to help him build that? Not to mention the pyramids, machu pichu, golbetki (sp) you understand. What I'm saying is,

I WANNA Levitate

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sweet. Lends more credence to my theory that the Egyptians were masters of frequency, although I doubt they were using acoustic levitation as much as "resonant levitation", based off frequencies inside the stone, rather than external sound frequencies.

Once we understand resonance and frequencies, I'm sure many more sciences will be opened up.
Giza Pyramid Machines: Their true purpose finally revealed

[edit on 21-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is by far the best find so far this year. Is it coming from any other sources? I do know you as a hard skeptic, that's the the only reason I give this any weight.

Convince me? please.
Anyways Flagged and Starred thanks for sharing.

Seattle

Sweet. Lends more credence to my theory that the Egyptians were masters of frequency, although I doubt they were using acoustic levitation as much as "resonant levitation", based off frequencies inside the stone, rather than external sound frequencies.

Exactly what I'm doing here.

Seattle what's up with the little red tat on the avatar. Did you let yourself get to excited. U2U me?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is pretty cool and I have to admit, it did remind me of UFO's although I doubt that this is the tech used, due to the chamber required and the external source of the sound.

As for the military uses, I'm pretty sure this has been known for a while, with the theoretical "Brown Note" being but one use.

Examples of sonic weopons

(Sorry for th Wiki source, but it's just an example)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
this is not that impressive,it only works in the enclosed box,they mention it would be good for removing martian dust,the equipment that they are worried about getting dust on would have to be enclosed in a box i suppose,sound turned on then a vacuum cleaner to suck the floating dust out or it would just fall back down when the sound was turned off,as for getting dust of off the astronauts suits,i suppose they could the same thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
S&F OP!

reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Woah, that's pretty wild. When watching the video the sound kinda seemed familiar to me... Wraith darts from SG:Atlantis.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

acoustic levitation chamber

Now combine that with this device and you have a very interesting toy.

Oh, and also force fields, levitation craft, death rays, underwater tunnel generators, sonic drills, and a bunch of other interesting things.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by LordBucket]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join