It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Canadians who thinks Canada is fine..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
video.google.com... 5tayCA6ynpFIXl5_gD9Z-

Not sure if its been posted, its called OhCanada, our bought and soldout land.

Not a bad movie if i say so myself, I'm in Canada and i always wondered how close we were to the states. careful what you wish for.

Trimmed url

[edit on 20/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm Canadian, but have lived in a lot of places.

There is no place in the world with so many bitching and moaning all the time.

Every damn one in the country is a victim. The French, immigrants, Muslims, Jews, Asians, blacks, Indians. No not the native/indigenous/6 Nations or whatever they're called these days. Those people still getting over their trauma of 400 years ago or whenever.

All women are treated badly, it foes without saying. Rampant sexism. Sometimes some horrible man touches their shoulder or uses the word "tits" in their presence. Time to call in the human rights commission.

This will turn into a rant. Sorry.

Canada's not bad. Crummy weather but some nice scenery. Pretty much like the US but a lot more uptight. Low self-esteem issues,lack of a sense of humour.

Ontario is the worst, but it's getting better. Toronto is starting to become more like a city and less like an overgrown provincial town.

Better stop here or the Human Rights Commission will have me going to attitude retraining classes.

M

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Dude you live in toronto?
THat's not Canada.
Further west, you'll find fewer instances of "victimization" claims. Further east too, excluding natives.
I just can't stress enough that Toronto doesn't represent Canada.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You're naming names when you could just say, its the human condition? Bitching isnt limited to groups here. Although I have to say atheists bitch the most here, where I have like 5 churches within walking distance of my house.

And I agree Toronto isnt Canada
its like a larger, angrier, smoggier Vancouver

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I live in Ontario Canada.
Is it perfect? No.
Show me a place that is.
Show me a Utopia.
Show me a place where my kids are safe to play outside.
A place where I don't have to worry how their health care is paid for.
Where no matter how down and out I get there is a place to go to keep a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs.
A place where I can feel comfortable walking down the street, and not be afraid of getting hurt. Yes, that happens..but rarely.
You won't find a place without problems...you can only find a place that suits you best.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Speaking of bitching and moaning.........

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
My god, just showing a video that explains some of the problems, not a god damn judgement video or anything. don't take it so personally.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I live in kitchener, just around the corner from toronto. i have lived in every province in my past years though.

Didn't watch all the video, but yeah Toronto is in Canada. Nothing represents a country, well, a capital, but Ottawa is full of crack heads, no joke.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This was already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do a search next time.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
This was already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do a search next time.

True

Please direct further comments to the preceding thread.

Closing

new topics

top topics

join