It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deworming conspiracy - the cause of ashtma and diabetes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This may be a bit of a gross-out topic for some, but the intestinal parasitic worms we have strived so hard to eradicate may be a key factor in our physical health.
Much growing research is proving that we evolved with these parasites, and that many of our modern ailments are due to a lack of internal worms. Scientists propose that our immune system was kept active by fighting otherwise harmless parasites, and that their removal causes a lack of immune activity, which is then re-directed at the own body and erupts as various allergies.
And indeed the theory holds water. Almost terminal allergy sufferers have made promising recoveries when given worm-eggs. There are even calls to introduce worm-egg shakes to children.

So how about it? Maybe its not the soy and green tea, but the raw-fish parasites and round-worms in the East keeping them slimmer and living longer. Allegedly the famed opera-star Maria Callas got a tape-worm to lose and maintain weight.
So what if the odd round-worm crawls out the nostril - it's a price worth paying.
Albeit the worm eggs proposed are a much tinier species.
Are you ready to open up and say ahh?
www.nhs.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Asthma is mostly caused by overbreathing (see Buteyko)...
...and Diabetes (type 2) is caused by engineered food oils...
...despite that I think the worm theory has merit...
...and have read papers in support of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Agreed. I saw a video of some kid that thought they were a T3 mutant virus that aliens gave us.

we was going crazy and calling everyone crazy, probably becasue everyone was making fun of him..poor kid.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I would take the hook worms. Why not?

If it would allow me to eat wheat and gluten products again, it would be totally worth it to me.

Edit to add,

Though I seriously doubt that the de-worming was a conspiracy against us.

Not all parasites are harmless, and the ones they are studying are special ones that cant reproduce and cause the problems that initially led us to try to get rid of them.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well there are probably multiple factors for allergies. But the fact remains that some 3rd-world kids were made very allergic to the environment when they were de-round-wormed by "do-gooders" and later by researchers.
I must personally say however that I would rather keep my ashtma pump. I have a worm phobia and found this serpentine thing in the loo once. No thanks it's de-worming for me. If that thing undulated out of my nostril I'd drop down dead from a heart-attack anyway.
The strange thing is that I've become aware of it, and the more time lapses since my last deworming, the less I use my pump. That means they're growing...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Actually I have a small aquarium standing about, and these roundworms are quite active pencil-lengthed things. So couldn't it become a gross-out marketing thing? Nurse them inside you, crap them out and then put them in your fish-tank?

I think now 90 percent of deworming is the industry selling harmful chemicals.
If they hear it is linked to ashtma they will double the dose, to sell ashtma pumps and pills.
So far I deworm every 6 months, but boy I hate the idea of worms.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is one of my most biggest Absolute fears. I have never had worms but have seen cats and dogs with them, and nothing, grosses me out more than to think about having go to the bathroom, wipe and peer down to see everything moving about. Or on and even bigger scale, going to the bathroom and trying to pass a 5' Tape Worm and having to help pull it out. I mean if that isnt a horrible enough thought for anyone than I dont know what is.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vip867

As a vegetarian I had (have) round-worms. It's almost unavoidable since salads and veggies grow in soil and poo.
My biggest phobia was always earthworms and milipedes. In fact first people thought it was some earthworm that crawled into the toilet, that's how close they look. I was shaking in shock for days as I took the deworming pills.
Oh, and these only kill the adult round-worms, so they must be taken every six months. I've heard of round-worms crawling out of people's mouths, noses and somehow, even ears! A chef friend of mine wouldn't believe me, until one day a worm crawled out of the nostril of a kitchen-staff member at a top restaurant - and the kitchen was open-plan, so some customers walked out retching too.
I once heard that clove capsules are the only thing to kill the eggs after a while.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

hey since you had roundworms what are its first noticeable symptoms?
and what are its other symptoms? since you had, i feel like i have parasites
but my doc doesn't buy it.

And also i thought roundworms were from undercooked meats?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
If that thing undulated out of my nostril I'd drop down dead from a heart-attack anyway.

Lol. I dont think hookworms would come out of your nostril, but I could be wrong. That sounds more like the tapeworm stories I have heard.

There may come a day when we see different brands of hookworms competing on commercials, and all the cool kids will want them.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Anti-worming tablets can be bought over the counter, so you don't need a doctor or script. I take what we call in South Africa "Vermox" (Mabendazole (unsure spelling) 500mg, or the cheaper generic Deworm).
It's one dose every six months and gets rid of most of the adult critters, including tape-worm, hook-worm, round-worm, and pin-worm.
There are are also expensive herbal concoctions one can take over a week or two. These may get rid of the eggs, but I don't see much point, since I'll be re-infected immediately in any case.
The main danger is to children, especially pin-worm (rare in adults) which cause scratching of the bum, and eventually tiny worms in the bed.
Ecch...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

No, it's not hookworm, they stay hooked into the gut and remain mellow, because they're hooked on whatever I take.

It's the round-worms that travel.
I've heard from paramedics and doctors that when a person dies and their temperature drops, they suddenly all come out from every orifice.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is a seriously sick thread! I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. I've never known anyone in my life other than a pet that has ever had worms. I've heard of it, but never seen it. I think it is important to point out that I've eaten just about everything and have never had nor had a fear of catching any worms. Wouldn't it be great though, if they were a cure to allergies or even something else. Hell, they'd probably work pretty well for STD's cause who'd do the nasty with worms crawling out of their partner's orafices!! Wow, that was sick.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Informative sites with info on human parasites and: BEWARE, some graphic images:
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
www.parasitecleanse.com...

Despite my worm phobia and so forth I don't really find it that shocking. OK, some of these cases are extreme, they should be pruned every now and again. But, if it could cure the horror of child ashtma and allergy - yes, I would give it to myself or others.
It's only natural.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Actually I have a small aquarium standing about, and these roundworms are quite active pencil-lengthed things. So couldn't it become a gross-out marketing thing? Nurse them inside you, crap them out and then put them in your fish-tank?

I think now 90 percent of deworming is the industry selling harmful chemicals.
If they hear it is linked to ashtma they will double the dose, to sell ashtma pumps and pills.
So far I deworm every 6 months, but boy I hate the idea of worms.

Have you noticed any difference on how you feel?
Are you having more or less allergic reactions?
Have you noticed any increase or decrease in loose stools?
A nurse that works on my flight deck says that she too de-worms every 6 months.
What do you use and where do you buy it?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Interesting...and gross hahahaha!
As a strict vegetarian and nutrition major who specialized in food allergies and animal-free diets, I have to say that this almost exceeded my 'I'm gonna throw up' tolerance.
I'm fairly (fingers crossed) sure that I'm worm-free, but now I'm starting to get a bit paranoid...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I was just joking about the aquarium.
For what to take I would say just ask your pharmacist.
I take the bi-annual Mabendezole 500 mg.
So strict naturist nutrititionists believe these things could influence the immune system, although from what I've read it has no influence on the host.
Natural remedies would include a longer course of daily pills, usually containing mixtures of wormwood, ground cloves and other herbs.
For me the medical stuff is cheaper, more convenient and quicker, and also has no side-effects with other meds. With the herbal stuff I'd consult a qualified herbalist or something similar.
The plus side to herbs is that the right combination can also treat other parasites, like giardia, which people do pick up when on holiday in poorer countries.
Ascaris worm infections only have effects when they become really bad, and for me the worst was the fear of roundworms making an unwelcome appearance. But they can cause all kinds of problems, including anemia and contribute to fungal infections. With tape-worms I'd take immediate action, but that's more the problem of meat-eaters.
I dewormed yesterday (after the thread) and I've had few problems with wheezing lately, so I'll be watching what happens.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

And the worst is that with Ascaris infection, throwing up is the last thing you want to do (it's one way they can exit).
I don't think people in Western countries need to be too concerned.
The scientists who argue this actually want to re-introduce safe and containable species of worms to allergic Westerners whose environment has become too sanitized for our well-evolved immune systems.
There should also be some re-thinking on how deworming campaigns are managed in the Third World (unless we suspect that the spread of allergy is to the industry's benefit).
What is also intersting is the notion that parasites can change our behavior. Toxoplasmosis supposedly makes people act reckless, and it actually attracts rats to cats.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I heard again tonight how eating sheep's head is still popular, especially in rural South Africa amongst all population groups, how succulent it is, and the women who clean it always mention how the parasitic worms that infest sheep-brains must be removed.
This reminded me of the story of Dimitri Tsafendas, who assassinated Prime Minister (and architect of apartheid) Verwoerd in 1966. Tsafendas had many reasons to hate Verwoerd (coming from a racially mixed background and love affair, although he passed as white), but it was always accepted that he had a sheep tapeworm in his brain and gut, a probable myth he himself supported:

"But what of his (Verwoerd's) killer? "The man was a nutcase. He used to say that he had a tapeworm that used to growl every time he passed a cake shop," Suzman says. The story of "Tsafendas and the worm" has reduced the stature of this political assassin to little more than a freakish footnote in the liberation story. According to the legend, the delusional assassin was acting under the command of a giant tapeworm wrapped around his guts..." (www.newstatesman.com... )

Who knows? Thought for food...er, food for thought.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

How the worm turns! If this is true, and it can help people with auto-immune bowel disease and MS, then why are we still deworming people? Oh, the eggs must be sterilized and constantly drunk because no worm may hatch and grow, say some (constant income for worm-egg shake makers), or some drug might copy the influence of worms on the immune system. Typical!
For some more astounding articles see: www.kuro5hin.org...
and www.nbc15.com...
I repeat the latter here:

"It is very exciting!" exclaims Dr. John Fleming, "It's the first time in the world that it's been tried in a systematic way with Multiple Sclerosis patients. So in Wisconsin, we will be ground zero."

Dr. Fleming is the lead researcher on a new study to determine whether drinking a worm potion can reduce the symptoms of MS.

"It's a clear drink, kind of like Gatorade," Fleming explains, "There are 2500 eggs in here that the patient will drink every two weeks."

The helminth or round worm eggs are harvested from pigs in Germany and purified in a sterile lab.

"This is processed extensively under all of the guidance of all the regulatory authorities so it is essentially sterile fluid except for these microscopic eggs."

The eggs hatch in the patient's intestines. They're very small, about the size of an eyelash, and in about a week they are killed by the immune system.

"The immune system at that point has a choice, it's got to go one way or the other," says Fleming, "What has been found with this particular probiotic is that it redirects the immune system from a kind of inflammatory response which we see in MS, technically a Th1 response, to an anti-inflammatory response with T regulatory cells, so it's an exact immune opposite."

The idea of drinking worm eggs may seem unappealing, but Dr. Fleming says it's not much different from the live cultures we eat in yogurt!

"We actually have trillions of organisms in us already," he says, "Part of health is thought to be do we have the right balance of all that?"

And that question is where the idea for this study was born.

In recent years, researchers have noticed a high rate of autoimmune disorders in developed countries. But in developing countries, where people are exposed to low level infections many times from worms, the rates are much lower.

"If we get a sterile environment, like we have in western countries for the last century by and large, an unintended consequence may be that the immune system develops in abnormal ways. That it may overreact against the patient's own tissues," explains Fleming.

It's called the hygiene hypothesis and it has recently been tested against inflammatory bowel disease with promising results.

"Worms and ova are not excreted by people, they don't have GI symptoms, they don't get sick and they appear to have no side effects and a benefit on their auto immune disease," says Fleming.

Plus, an observational study on the link between MS and hygiene was startling!

"Prior studies showed a 95% reduction in attack rate and new MRI lesions, which is way beyond anything we've ever seen before."

Some researchers believe the hygiene hypothesis applies to all autoimmune and atopic diseases including MS, inflammatory bowel disease, asthma, food allergies, perhaps even autism.

For Dr. Fleming, this small study could mean big changes in the lives of millions of people.

"If it is positive, it shows that this finding is generalizable, maybe to all autoimmune diseases," he says, "It could possibly be a breakthrough. We have to see."

--------------------------------------------------------
The study is set to start this summer. The only thing missing are willing participants."

However there are also websites that claim worm infestations may contribute to allergy and bowel problems like chronic constipation, so home cures are not advised. I suppose it's a matter of balance. But I wonder, as this info spreads the polemics between pro-wormers and de-wormers might become as virulent as the medical/dissident HIV/Aids saga?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by halfoldman]

new topics

top topics

join