It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra found in TX...again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's a coatimundi. Their range is south texas to bolivia, where they found was just a bit north of the normal range.
It seems every dead animal someone finds without hair is the next chupacabra

Keep trying, maybe they'll actually find one someday.

It could very well be. The snout seems a bit "blunt" to be Nasua narica, but who knows...with bloat and all.

www.istockphoto.com...

www.nicholas.duke.edu...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cryptomundo has pretty good pics of a coyote. Looks like the one here. See what you think.
www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

looks like a opossum with a bad haircut.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Its a rat!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's a coatimundi. Their range is south texas to bolivia, where they found was just a bit north of the normal range.
It seems every dead animal someone finds without hair is the next chupacabra

Keep trying, maybe they'll actually find one someday.

Upon further review, I am going to agree with your assessment as the coatimundi being the most likely candidate. The morphology marches up, given a little adjustment for the bloated nature of the unknown specimen.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

Looks like your right:

"Positive ID for strange creature in Wise County"
www.wfaa.com...

Wildlife biologist Jennifer Barrow measures the rear feet of a small, hairless creature laid out on a picnic table.

"The pad is the giveaway," she says.

Barrow has seen feet and claws exactly like this many times; teeth, too. She puts a section of jawbone down next to the animal's head for comparison.

"This tooth right here is this tooth right here," she says. "It matches perfectly."

"The feet are raccoon feet. The skull is a raccoon skull. Dental formula matches raccoon dental formula. It's a raccoon," Barrow concluded.

"This is just an anomaly of a common species,"

Mystery solved, as the reporter put it at the end of the video.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by DizzyDayDream]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
www.buzzfeed.com...

Could it be baldys long lost relative?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

'Chupacabra' Identified by Expert
Published : Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 12:53 PM CST

By Alice Wolke Kalthoff, MYFOXDFW.COM

A state wildlife expert says she knows what kind of creature died on the 14th green of a North Texas golf course last week.

Jennifer Barrow, a wildlife biologist with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department told the Wise County Messenger that the "chupacabra" is actually a raccoon.

However, she couldn't explain why the animal had no hair, since it did not appear to have mange.

Barrow told the newspaper that the creature's feet, skull, and teeth all matched that of a raccoon.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

coatimundi.

What does he win, Bob?

Nice catch , and end this thread here. Asktheanimals provided the answer.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It does not seem like anyone doubts the validity of dead mangey coyote mutts caught on film. I just want to know if they have actually earned the title of "goat sucker." It seems like the original descriptions of what a chupacabra supposedly look like no longer apply

What happened to the winged creature that walks upright on its hind legs??

I thought it had porcupine quills also....

I'm a little disappointed that we have settled on mangey coyote as the culprit for a multinational string of livestock de-blood-ifyings!

Let's get back to work.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I have no opinion on this one. I have always maintained that the Chupacabra is simply a mangy coyote. BUT, the pictures and video of this one do seem quite different than previous chupacabra carcasses. Here is the link...you decide for yourselves:

www.kens5.com...

Enjoy!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

You are 100% correct.

CHUPACABRA MYSTERY SOLVED

news.discovery.com...

nstead of being vicious, fanged creatures that supposedly drink the blood of livestock, chupacabras turn out to be wild dogs inflicted with a deadly form of mange, according to University of Michigan biologist Barry OConnor.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Another Mangy mutt found again? I bet the other Coyotes really make fun of them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join