It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you find ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've just been thinking about the all the times that I’ve spend on this site thus far as well as all the subjects I’ve read and members I’ve spoken to and it really got me thinking about how I by complete chance found this site and for some reason stayed without realizing how big it was or ever hearing anything about previously.

It got me thinking about how easily I could have discarded it and turned away to continue reading whatever else it was that I was reading that day, not realizing how big a community this is with such an incredible collection of topics to discuss.

So I ask what caused you to come to this site? How did you find AboveTopSecret.com?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Can't honestly remember. It was years ago. I think I ran a search for 'alternative news forums' and clicked on a few

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I found out about ATS by way of Coast To Coast AM when Art Bell was at the

realm when reading about information pertaining to UFOs. ^Y^

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A Google search for Deep Underground Military Bases led me to the site and After reading about 3 days worth of material I decided I need to be a part of this amazing group of intelligent people devoted to the same cause as I am...DENYING IGNORANCE!!!

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i used to look up haunted places. LOL
i ended up here a lot, over and over again. i always saw snippets about aliens, ufos, etc and was admittedly put off and tried to AVOID this place actually. after some time of incessantly finding link after link leading to ATS i finally found a thread that snared me and so i bookmarked it and continued reading every so often. started "waking up" and then i think it was swine flu that got me finally logged in and posting. strange.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well i found abovetopsecret via google.
was searching for ufo videos and pictures. (at the time, that really was my thing:roll
and one of the first hits was ATS.
i kinda looked at the thread, then i looked at the site and realized i stumbled upon a goldmine of alternative news.
i immediately listed it to my favorites and here we are today.
allmost 2 years later i guess and the sheer amount of topics, research and often also ignorance
still baffles me to this day.
i still like the site very much, but on occasions it frightens me to.

that's how i got here, cool thread and take care

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was looking up the Dulce Base and there was a link that brought me here. Best link I ever opened in years.

link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I believe back in 2004 or 05 I was just learning to use search engines and plugged in UFO's and some where in that search I found ATS linked/mentioned and from that point on I was an addict to the sight!

I was a late bloomer to the PC era, until early 2000 when I was 1st introduced to web/tv I think it was called.

Prior to that I had a TI PC in the late 70's early 80's and found the data input without goey type interface just too much for me.

link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

You found it the same way as me then

I joined up the same day i found it and i was/still am astounded by the amount of topics that are created each and every day.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The truth:
I didn't have place to talk about weird stuff since Warphead changed from a discussion forum.
Searched for urban legends, bang I'm here.

The nonTruth:
I secretly other members who needed to boost their support, and m actually a sock puppet account of one person, who has 50 accounts.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I herd about ATS by listening to Coast to Coast .

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

aiit cool

i didn't join the same day, way to lazy for that kind of stuff.
i lurked around for a good year, when i saw a thread i just NEEDED to reply to, that's when i signed up.
but really, the amount of topics here is just prepostorous. (if that's spelled wrong, plz forgive me, english isn't my primary language).

i bid you a good day sir, pz!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ahh, a interview with John Lear done by project camelot. They were discussing ATS and he was telling how he got banned from the site or whatnot. They then went into speculation about how ATS might be a monitering station for the CIA to see how much intel is out in the public.

figured, might as well check out this place.

no such thing as bad press.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think someone here sent me messages over the ether.

Actually cannot remember. Had to be a political route through google.

Then the US Political Madness ensnared me.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
The truth:
I secretly other members who needed to boost their support, and m actually a sock puppet account of one person, who has 50 accounts.

I knew it!

Me, typical....looking for UFO pics, here I am.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
started searching for more UFO in formation after a sighting. I kept getting pointed here for almost every search I did on specific topics. I lurked here for years. Even had a ritual of checking Rense, Mufon, and ATS in the morning before I went to Fox news. After tuning in the BS filter, I had to sign up here. I am amazed at the ability of people in different countries with different languages to communicate with people in the US. It humbles you to think that they can converse in other languages and I can barely order a beer in anything other than English.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Google search for illuminatti.
Brought me here almost 3 years ago..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I found ATS by accident a few years ago. I read a few pages and thought it was a holding account for paranoid nutjobs! In England there's no culture of conspiracies. Decimal point, percentage minority. ATS was like looking through the windows of an asylum.

I ended up joining (years later) purely to ask the experts about a weird UFO video...long since pulled.

Now I'm looking OUT through the windows of the asylum

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Woke up one morning in this dark room ...
No door no windows ...
Don't know how I got here ...
Don't know how to leave ...
The peas are nice ...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Now I'm looking OUT through the windows of the asylum

Be thankful..I still have DOLLNEAN nightmares...:shk:
:bnghd:

top topics

<<   2 >>