It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What secrets are held inside the Vatican?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well they got some weapons from not here or from somewhere else close to here or from long ago.
They got some books that they know will explain everything in a clearcut way.
They have got proof of creatures from beyond.
They got a precious metal stash, smh why $$ even there?
And for some reason it seems they have a capture chamber for??????again

They also hold THE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!

Ok just some brain storming lol who knows I not

1 almost forgets very interesting artworks from an important artist of humanity.

The ARK AND COVENANT SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[edit on 1/21/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Although I in no way endorse the Catholic Church..I'd say that the vatican is filled with only a bunch of old guys in robes. No way they would ever keep evidence against them on hand. Most likely anything they didn't like was burned. Growing up Catholic I can say it has noticably changed in the past few years. I get the growing sense of evil from them anymore. My whole family is still Catholic and they act like I'm a second rate citizen for going to a normal Christian church.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by learningtofly
reply to post by dolphinfan

The vatican is corrupt. As you say, they have untold riches.

Please, could someone who believes in the Pope and who is a true Roman Catholic, explain to me why, when the vatican is full of amazing wealth and amazingly wealthy men, and they profess to be religious - why are they letting their follower die of starvation? And, come to that, other people who are not their followers?

Well, lets start at the beginning. Why do you believe that they have untold riches? How much money do you think the Vatican has? Is this an assumption or do you have any research to back up your beliefs?

What is the purpose of the artwork at the Vatican? How much revenue is generated by it's presence and what is done with that money? How much of the art at the Vatican is owned by the Church and how much is on loan from private collectors?

If the Vatican sold every holding it had, how many people would that feed and for how long?

Eric

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There are no secret books or artefacts left in the "Secret Vatican Archives"

...Since Napoleon Sacked and Pillaged the entirety of the Vatican after declaring himself "King of Italy" in 1805, after having been already crowned as Emperor of France.

He carried off all of the art treasures of North Italy then, including the horses of St Mark's Plaza in Venice, and most of the Da Vincis and whatnot hanging in family castles like those of the Medici.

Some of the backroom negotiations at the Congress of Vienna involved the return of some artworks to Italy. The brits and a few continental powers kept the ones with national or occult significance, however.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

To answer your question you need to understand that the Roman Catholic church is the richest business on the planet.

That's very interesting.

Do you have any sources to substantiate that claim?

Eric

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Maybe not the 'biggest business on the planet,' but certainly running a decent turnover...

Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate. Dividends help pay for Vatican expenses and charities such as assisting 1,500,000 children and providing some measure of food and clothing to 7,000,000 needy Italians. Unlike ordinary stockholders, the Vatican pays no taxes on this income, which led the leftist Rome weekly L'Espresso last week to call it "the biggest tax evader in Italy."
Time: Roman Catholics: The Vatican's Wealth 1965

I remember an article a couple of years ago that estimated the net worth of shares, stock etc of the Vatican at over $40 billion. Not the richest, but definitely RICH

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the link. That's interesting.

Did you find any data on what the Church's overhead is for employees, hospitals, outreach to the homeless, soup kitchens, etc.?

Eric

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Any idea if this scandal will be fully invistigated?

Vatican bank accused of laundering

www.youtube.com...

“This corruption is continuing on a regular basis in the Vatican,” claimed lawyer Janathan Levy. “Again, there’s no reason for a religion to have a bank that does worldwide commercial activities, dealing in gold, dealing in insurance, dealing in property and then hiding behind the Roman Catholic Church.”

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm definately going with the theory of "secrets" -regarding history, religion, technology....Consider this. Inca and Egyptian technology far surpass technology that has been "discovered" in the past hundred years. The Inca were thriving in South America up untill the 16th century, until they were raided by the Spanish, whom I believe, were Catholic. The 16th century isn't ancient history, where on Earth did all the Inca "history books" go? They were a somewhat advanced society that kept written records.....where are they? Modern historians suggest they were destroyed by the Conquistadors, but, logic suggests to me that they were taken and hidden in that big vault in the Vatican where no mere mortal may enter!....The Inca are just an example of many a conquest in history where the Catholic church came in and confiscated items of importance from different cultures around the world. I am sure that there are much older things held in the Vatican library.

Did you know that Vatican City is not part of Italy? It is a soveriegn nation...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
there is a a library under the vatican which holds all types of books and documents...many books in it could contradict the bible in any way would no doubt be destoried or held for futer reference

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The idea that there's any secrets at all just goes to show that they got something to hide, why a religion based on truth would have to hide something makes me wonder

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I wanna know what's up with the giant pine cone at the Vatican museum
www.viator.com...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by recycled]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's a reasonable thing to think that maybe some of what was kept at the Library of Alexandria made its way to Rome well in advance of that loss.

I suspect, like most archives, most of the information is surprisingly banal. But, there probably are some surprises to be found.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I realize this is an old thread now but I wanted to throw my two cents in.

1. If you were pillaging and plundering a town would you take their books and relics and throw them on a fire in front of your victims or would you secret them away? I for one would melt statues for $ value and burn the books to signal the end of the reign of the victims, (in regards to South America in the 15th century).

2. You have a bunch of very old and fragile documents in your possession would you let just anyone handle these objects or would you guard them very carefully.

3. And on a side note, who would ever be able to read all of that in the languages and absorb all of the info in one lifetime anyhow.

Yes, I am sure there are items that we all would like to see. I wish they would start an electronically enhanced database and make it available as an online library. That would be cool, but very time consuming. I hope they never open the vaults personally. Imagine the damage caused by our body oils, mist from our breath, and mishandling that could be done.

Thanks OP for the thread, this is a constant thought when I think about religious "secrets". IF ONLY.............

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The vatican is corrupt. As you say, they have untold riches.

Please, could someone who believes in the Pope and who is a true Roman Catholic, explain to me why, when the vatican is full of amazing wealth and amazingly wealthy men, and they profess to be religious - why are they letting their follower die of starvation? And, come to that, other people who are not their followers?

Now, what I understand about the Virgin Mary is that She is a gentle and caring entity.

And what I understand about Jesus is that He is a gentle and caring entity.

They would not amass riches and leave people starving.

So, please explain what is so amazing about the pope and all those other old men lurking in the vatican.

This is actually a really good question. I can understand certain artifacts being kept in the same sense as a museum would have them, but they are rumoured to be very wealthy. I'm sure they must do their bit for charity, but to what extent?

polychronopolis talks the truth. The Jesus that died on the cross was not the same Jesus that was born to the Virgin Mary.

I'd genuinely never heard this prior to entering this thread. Can someone tell me a bit more about the theory?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
it is where they practice the rituals of their lord satan. I know most will agree but read the book Satan Dethroned by William and Sharon Schnoblen

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I did a bit of investigating on the ol' Vat a while back. I was amazed to find it was supposedly built on a site that was of religious significance to the Etruscans and named after Vatika their Goddess of the dead.

Another interesting piece of info was about how, apparently... a replica of Solomon's Temple was built within the Vatican Church.

Replacing the Temple Most fascinating of all, though, may well be a place within the ancient fortress walls of Vatican City whose symbolic meaning is unknown to almost all its visitors. Its theological significance can best be realized by noting that this Catholic effort was something explicitly forbidden to Jews. In the Talmud, the ancient holy commentaries of the greatest Jewish sages spanning more than five centuries, it is clearly legislated that no one may construct a functioning full-sized copy of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem in any location other than the Temple Mount itself (Tractate Megillah, 10a). This was decreed in order to avoid any possible bloody religious schisms, such as later happened in Christianity (Roman Catholicism; Eastern and Greek Orthodoxy; Protestantism—and their centuries of internecine warfare) and Islam (Sunni and Shi'ite, who are sadly still killing each other around the globe). Six centuries ago, however, a Catholic architect who was not constrained by Talmudic laws did exactly that. He designed and built an incredible, full-sized copy of the inner sanctum, or the Holy of Holies, of King Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem—right in the middle of Renaissance Rome. To get the measurements and proportions exactly correct, the architect studied the writings of the prophet Samuel in the Hebrew Bible, where Samuel describes the First Holy Temple, cubit by cubit (1 Kings 6:2). This massive reproduction of the heichal, or rear section of the First Temple, still exists today. It is called la Cappella Sistina—the Sistine Chapel. And this is where more than four million visitors a year come to view the incredible frescoes of Michelangelo and pay homage to a site sacred to Christianity.

Source

So does this replica, built back in the late 1400s, count as a real Temple even if its not in Jerusalem?
edit on 7-9-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by learning to fly
reply to post by Psychoses

Do not believe anyone in authority (except, if you are at school, most of your teachers are OK).

I'll give you a tip. That is the sole purpose of education in today's society.

Teach the children to be punctual and NEVER question authority.

You don't really think that kids go to school to learn anything else, do you?

ancient Rome had citizens, trained slaves and slaves.

in our society trained slaves are no longer owned, they pay for their education.
then spend most of their lives paying off the debt while working as professionals.

the temporary workers are the modern lower class of slaves.

not much has changed, except the ruling class no longer has to pay for training and acquiring their slaves.

and the social progress made since WW2 is quickly evaporating.

history repeating, sadly.

the history of the human race that the Vatican did not burn is likely in the library, most valuable items i would think.

since the last 500 years of European imperialism is the darkest age for mankind, as far as destroying cultures and knowledge.
the Vatican destroyed so much of humanities heritage, maybe a little bit was saved by mistake.(from the religious viewpoint)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Some info on their connection perhaps with Pineal.
edit on 7-9-2011 by KingArthur because: changed to a link

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
"Very weird that the egyptian and the Freemason's and the catholic would both use this symbol"

it's not weird if you know that Christianity was at least partially based on Egyptian religion, and Freemasonry almost entirely.

There is a great book called The Hiram Key which details how much of Freemasonry and Christianity and possibly a bit of Judaism came from Egypt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join