It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Plans to bring 45000 Haiti refugees to Florida

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im sure many children are left withou parents.

Is there that many worries that could not be resolved (such as disease) to where America could foster some of these children....mabey even adopt some without families now?

Mabey instead of bringing alot of adults that are not skilled ect...we could begin with the children that were left homeless.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Carter had the Cuban boatlift.

Obama has Haiti.

This will be interesting to watch unfold.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, I've noticed you working overtime, selling the desperation angle

Of all those whose agenda seems to be one of 'forming and shaping opinion' ... you have been amongst the most active

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
These people just need a place to live. What I recommend is that we pay architects to build the most basic of houses over there, like one with as many small rooms as possible(or even no rooms at all, if they think the cost is too high, you can sleep anywhere with a pillow, so having no rooms doesn't sound that extreme), and a couple of restrooms and showers, that are able to withstand earthquakes. They can alternate showering throughout the day, and as far as going to the restroom, well, I guess if they're all occupied and they can't hold it, then they can try to find a bush somewhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So Florida will look like Haiti in about 5 years how wonderful instead of sending them to America why not do like everybody else does in the world and rebuild. The truth is many will see this as a easy way to get more power they help the poor Haitians in return they bring them here and flip Florida into another progressive state.

Let them stay were they are and help them rebuild this is the best thing and anything else is agenda based. Haiti is not a good place it is full of brutal gangs and this will be imported here.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well I have been here in ATS for a long time for anyone to know what I stand for, you obviously have not clue and is going to take a long time for you to get one.

So sad, in my experiences here in ATS throughout the years I have learned that just because you disagree with me on one subject it doesn't mean that it will no be plenty of issues that you will agree with me, that is why judging too early is not going to make you feel very good later on.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
there's nothing in the OPs link that indicates it (evacuating 45,000 haitians to florida) was a serious suggestion or that it's even being considered on any government level.

i can't see why they won't eventually rebuild. hopefully this time they'll reinforce those concrete deathtraps with steel and introduce strict building compliance codes.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Actually, we don't even have to pay for the builders. We can just redirect our soldiers over there. I mean, really, what better way to help promote world peace by having the soldiers helping them rebuild, not just Haiti, but all of the 3rd World Countries, instead of waging war with them?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Let us hope those poor innocent children dont end up in the hands of this government.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Let us hope those poor innocent children dont end up in the hands of this government.

Tell me about it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I hope Brad and Angelina have builders on standy to add the extra rooms to their house.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
45,000 people . My god just think how much the cost of the flights alone would cost : if $200 per passanger x 45,000 thats $9,000,000 just in cost of transport. Im sure $9,000,000 would go along way to helping the people of Haiti in their own country. MAybe the US see an opportunity to bring in all these refugees in. they wont do it otherwise. its a step closer for something else for them. ??

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeg2222

They would most likely transport them by ship. Logistically it would make the most sense.

Aircraft are probably going to be used to transport the severely injured.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
Stupid stupid stupid...I like the Red Cross...they are my charity of choice, however if this decision comes to fruition then I just might change my mind...

that's 45000 people that could be rebuilding their own country.

I lived in Miami for 20 years, the Hatians bring in TB/ect. They (like other blk/mexican/poor dominated nations in our hemisphere) do not have the medical infrastructure to guard us americans against influx of disease.

In fact, when an illegal Hatian boat arrived we were warned not to go by it! And, it was roped off!

When Cubans illegals arrived, it was a different story, they have an ifrastructure with medical professionals that have a "communists type" healthcare system and they were inoculated.

Take it for what is worth my friends. I have witnessed this first hand.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by youasked

Why are you afraid off, we are the most vaccinated nation in the world and the most medicated, we should not have anything to fear

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I believe the sediment in the U.S. is that we have compassion for the Haitian

population and will give abundantly to help these fellow human beings in

need of food shelter and medical attention. The average Haitian lived on

$2.00 a day before the earthquake and that means they are already used to

extreme poverty.

Although it may not seem this way today with the extreme loss of life and

devastation but a year from now Haiti will be a better place for the residence

to live then before the earthquake because of the influx of monies coming

into the country to help rebuild from all over the world.

If the U.S. Government gives the needed aid directly to the Haitian

Government there will be problems of the money and aid getting to where it

is needed. You have to ask the question if the Island of Hispaniola is made

up of Haiti and the Dominican Republic why is their such a great economic

disparity of monies between the 2 countries sharing the same Island? With

the Dominican Republic doing well compared to the adjoining impoverished

Haiti.

Haitians have a lack of literacy, with Political corruption and oppression. The

Wealth and Power of the country are controlled by a few wealthy elite and

the country has a lack of good roads sustainable infrastructure and is

plagued by major land erroision.

Haiti has not always been impoverished the country was a powerhouse of

agriculture that the French benefited greatly from during the middle 1700s.

Today Haiti does have some natural resources such as Gold and Copper on

their part of the Island.

Will there be 45,000 Haitians brought to The United States Of America by

way of Florida? I believe there would be an outcry from the people from the

state of Florida because of the current economic conditions already in that

state. Although I do believe there will be at least 25,000 Haitians moved to

the U.S. and placed through out the states where their relatives already

reside. ^Y^

[edit on 17-1-2010 by amari]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Im sure many children are left withou parents.

Is there that many worries that could not be resolved (such as disease) to where America could foster some of these children....mabey even adopt some without families now?

Maybe instead of bringing alot of adults that are not skilled ect...we could begin with the children that were left homeless.

these children who have had familes killed need parents and new homes now so I hope they can get adopted by other families. I do feel there is a bit or irony in the world with all these kids everywhere who from situations such as this are without parents, and yet there are couples who cant conceive trying to have IVF etc for years ,what is wrong with adopting a child. thats what i would rather do I'd feel guilty struggling with ivf stuff when we could adopt a child. that is the most human thing to do. and probably the best attitude for the planet

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

After thinking about it, I think it's better to just build the houses away from the fault lines.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There are only 3 things that are absolute necessities in this world(and I think they teach you this in health class), and that's shelter, food and water. Shelter is the most difficult one. Everyone can grow food by themselves(and can be "saved" by eating less.) Water is abundant.

I think poverty can be eliminated, from every country, if everyone from the "civilized world" was willing to help. It is this "modern" lifestyle that makes us think we need a bunch of resources to survive, when in reality, all we need is...trees, which are "renewable."

As far as education, you'll learn more practical stuff from google and wiki than from schools anyway, so it would just cost the laptops and internet services.

Better yet, why don't we build something called a "community school" where people can live, sleep and learn there. I really see no need why each individual must have a house to him/herself.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by np6888]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Who the Hell is the Red Cross to decide that they will dump 45,000 Haitians in the U.S. Where do they even get the idea that it is somehow their option to do something like this - it's not.

The more I learn about the Red Cross the more I hate it. You donate a pint of blood to them and they sell it for $300 to hospitals. When disasters happen like 911 they set up coffee and donut stands - then SELL them to the aid workers.

Everyone in the upper tier makes well over $300, 000 a year yet they want you to work for them VOLUNTARILY. To Hell with the Red Cross, they steal more then half of what anyone ever donates to them and then have the nerve to try to tell the United States that they have decided to dump 45 thousand illiterate pieces of human diseased garbage onto our land. Hell No!

I say stop sending any money to these scumbags and if they want to dump a diseased Haitian somewhere, dump them in the Hamptons where the Red Cross leaders live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join