It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Plans to bring 45000 Haiti refugees to Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
whats this western hemisphere thats suddenly started being referenced since this earthquake?

I thought we had the Northern hemisphere and the Southern henisphere, yet since the Haitian Ambasador to the US refered to a 'Western Hemisphere' everyone in MSM has been using it.

Just for the record, i am discusted that we allowed the reply calling hatians 'diseased, 3rd worlders' to go without someone saying watch your mouth!!

Secondly, its been 4 days now since this disaster, and over 50,000 have already been buried, with a possible 150,000 more dead, America can cope giving 45,000 temporary homes, dont forget, hurricane season usually batters this place too, for all the Americans on here i say this.............. have the compassion toward these people that you would wish to find should your home land be distroyed.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You might want to look more closely at the items you mentioned.
I think you will find in each case that were a lot of political machinations taking place; not just poor people making a run for it. Who paid their passage?
The Italians? Cosa Nostra; Camoriste? The WOPS(Without papers)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

la2, they are diseased. Aids and TB are Rampant in Haiti. YOu should do your research before you get all high and mighty.
And BTW the word isn't "discusted"; its disgusted. Maybe you don't know how to do research.
--------------------------------------------------------------
enigma, you need to research the story behind the Statue of Liberty as well as that of the quote. Maybe you will see the whole thing in a different light.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by OhZone]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

that's what our national symbol has to say about this. Am I agreeing that they need to come here? I don't know, i can say that I don't like the idea and it IS quite a burden to put on us, they are liikely to end up on welfare, etc. BUT maybe it's time we changed the quote on the Statue of Liberty, you know, to update it.

Give me your Doctors,
and ballplayers by the score,
and they will walk on golden floors,
but leave the rest at home,
we don't have room for them to roam.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Something is to happen very soon between State Department and Haitian President, some papers will be sign.

keep the eyes open, the only way that citizens from a sovereign nation can be move by another nation without an invasion or force is if the nation cede sovereignty even temporarily.

let see.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Something is to happen very soon between State Department and Haitian President, some papers will be sign.

keep the eyes open, the only way that citizens from a sovereign nation can be move by another nation without an invasion or force is if the nation cede sovereignty even temporarily.

let see.

their country is leveled. They need help, and our Statue of Liberty says we will take them. ?????

we HAVE to until we change it. It makes us (me included) a bunch of hypocrits.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
First... the conditions of Haitians pre and post earthquake are not that different.. still no clean water, still no food, still no health care. Surprise. Why, just a few months ago ATS had stories about Haitians eating dirt.

But what I would REALLLLY love to know... if who the @$! gave the Red Cross permission to even consider shipping 45,000 people to our shores? Last I checked, the Red Cross had NO jurisdiction ... over anything... it's a privately funded charity. Run by morons.

Lets use common sense:

If we shipped 45,000 Haitians to the US, the will HAVE to be contained within a FEMA camp of some kind.. you cannot just shock cities by dumping refugees there.. look at Huston following Katrina.

Since we would have to construct makeshift camps for these people..... Why not build makeshift fema camps ......... in Haiti ........

I know I know.. to much sense. 3,000,000 people lived in the earthquake zone, 45,000 seems like a low number... tens of thousands would leave that hellish island in a heartbeat, earthquake or no earthquake.

It's just ignorant politics.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Under this philosophy, I believe it makes more sense then to annex the entire island.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

their country is leveled. They need help, and our Statue of Liberty says we will take them. ?????

we HAVE to until we change it. It makes us (me included) a bunch of hypocrits.

The last time I checked, just because a statue has a plaque on it, doesn't make that plaque law. We don't HAVE to do anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why not Texas??? I've travelled across it and you can drive two days without seeing nothing but empty land. I remember thinking what a waste of land!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I hate to say it, but if the Fema camps were built for man made disasters across the world, that makes me feel a bit better than if they were built for us.

You know?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

More than 125,000 Cubans arrived in Key West by boat in the spring and summer of 1980, affecting a cross-section of America, from retirees on Miami Beach to residents of Jenny Lind, Ark., to then-President Carter in the White House. From one day to the next, Cubans left their homes, braved treacherous seas and arrived in their new world.

About 85,000 of them ended up in Miami, where the Cuban influence already had been felt through previous migrations. The boatlift also unleashed a relatively small but ruthless cadre of criminals into refugee camps and Miami streets, tainting America’s image of the “Marielito” for years.

havanajournal.com...

Castro joke to the American government, among the 125,000, 2,000 were then most criminal insane from Castros jails.

They end up in my Island of PR where they were put in camps until their mental health was evaluated.

But still they were given free entrance to the US.

45,000 is nothing, and they are mostly children.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by marg6043]

[edit on 16-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

why not your house?

There are still people, US citizens living in FEMA trailers in florida. I don't think the motel 6 has 45000 empty rooms in miami.

someone else suggested GITMO, I think that would be a better plan. We can figure out a way to build a new wal mart in under a month, I don't see why we can't build a sturdy, yet temporary shelter in haiti. Spending money to bring them here is ridiculous. That's a Band-Aid. Not a solution. How will they return home? More money spent that could have fixed their country.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Perhaps those fema camps are going to be put to use soon, but most of the population in Haiti are nothing but children.

So sad.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge, the "Marielito" boat was full of prisoners and criminals and nuts, but that boat wasnt so big. Castro did it to upset the USA to say the least!!

The others made a decent life, but as with all people across the world, some went on to make something good of themselves, and some ended up in jails here.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Why not Texas???

Wouldn't doubt it if some do end up in Texas.

I know many refugees have ended up in Texas especially Abilene.

HelpAbileneRefugees.org was formed in 2008 to help supply required and necessary basic need items to newly arriving refugees to set up their new household by sustaining an On-Hand warehouse of donated items.

helpabilenerefugees.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

Whats that supposed to mean????

You take them to YOur house. I dont agree they should be brought here but i was just merely reflecting on the situation in the US. Is that ok?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

From the 80 thousand that made it to US only 2 thousand were mentally unstable and within the prison population.

You are right the rest made good for themselves.

This time taking into consideration the population of Haiti is about more than half under 20, 45,000 has to be nothing but small children.

Now that does warm my anti immigrant hart, my friend.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

It might not make it 'law' but it is supposed to represent America to a degree.

Are we willing to take the ones from Haiti that we can use in our sports that make us 'look good'...but then leave the others who we find not worthy...behind?

I agree that FEMA camps should mabey be built in Haiti. It is sad that a Island so close to us suffers the way they do.

But what good is our Liberty for all if we only choose who we welcome?

Im not saying it wouldnt burden us...for their culture, ways, and life style is different. Im not saying bringing some of them here is the best idea...but the children is what is on my mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No-one grasps that this newly-announced 'humanitarian aid' idea WAS the goal prior to the 'earthquake' ?

No-one's noticed within the 'disaster' clips on the 'tv news' (spliced and patched from earthquakes around the globe) .. NO one noticed the 'desperate' Haitians 'running for water' in immaculate, pristine WHITE long slacks ? No one noticed the supposedly 'desperate' women wearing neatly fixed wigs and earrings and make-up and FRESH, clean blouses and bandanas ?

NO one noticed the 'shocked, terrified' Haitians whirling around for the cameras and laughing to themselves and each other during those very first shots of the same street, over and over and the busted palace ?

No-one noticed that most of the houses were tin and basically cardboard and that lots of them simply slid or toppled ?

No one noticed that the woman supposedly 'being pulled after 60 hours from between two slabs of concrete' was immaculate also ? No one noticed .. when even the reporter, who was inches from her, kept saying,
'But LOOK at you ! You're so FRESH ! LOOK at your make-up .. it's so FRESH !'

Everyone believes that 200,000 people have died ?

NO one who's watched the 'Hiatians running amok with machetes' noticed how STAGED that scene was .. played OVER and OVER and OVER .. but basically just youths, casually swinging machetes in a group .. looking as fierce as kittens ... while the supposedly 'desperate' Haitians stood there (some smiling at the camera, most of them wearing their best, clean clothes) and allowed their tiny children to walk near the supposedly 'desperate, machete armed youths' with not the slightest expressions of concern ?

Well, now they're being relocated in the US, perhaps you'll have time to examine some of the disaster footage more closely, stripped of 'disaster excitement' and superfluous emotional outpourings .. and maybe now you will see what's been staring the world in the face from the moment US media swung into action in Haiti

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You know I been watching the news, from day one and to tell the truth all I have seen is people in desperation, children dirty and lost and in the hospitals is nothing but injured and maimed.

I guess is a optical illusion and I am falling for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join