It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Plans to bring 45000 Haiti refugees to Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is what I guess the Americans feared the most. Imagine 45000 Haitians in Florida, what would it look like? I think Obama may just allow this, but I doubt if any of these Haitians would go back, so Floridans how do you feel about this?

4000 in Orange County. The mayor is not agreeable to the plan, and where do they put up these people, and how will they live? Will the people of Orange county be happy to see these people?

Maybe not such a smart move Red Cross.

The American Red Cross says a plan to bring 45,000 evacuees from Haiti to Florida, and 4,000 of those to Orange County, is not set in stone. The Red Cross clarified Friday who could be involved in a plan to move people out of Haiti.

The Red Cross is preparing for two things: the repatriation of Americans living in Haiti and the possibility of a mass migration of Haitian nationals

Source: www.wftv.com...

Read this on the internet: "And drug-resistant TB---common in Haitian population, is a dangerous mutation, highly infectious,,lengthy and expensive treatment, so the danger of diseases is also there"

[edit on 16-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Stupid stupid stupid...I like the Red Cross...they are my charity of choice, however if this decision comes to fruition then I just might change my mind...

that's 45000 people that could be rebuilding their own country.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This will open up a Pandora's box of pestilence. Please see my current thread at
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The complications of relocating these people on US soil are prolific as well as problematic.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

thats a really good move, especially if you want to further dilute and weaken your own people and any resistance they might develop against the immoral government.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
These so called refugees are located right next door to the Domincan Republic. Why would we want to bring them here, unless its to create the exact kind of "OMG" what are they going to do in Florida? Well, I say anytime the wizard lights a smoke bomb to limit your visibility that you should just remember that its just a wizard playing people against each other. It is how the so called elites justify their existence, so let them be, but make no mistake, they want to inundate America with Haitian refugees in order to anger as many people as possible.

This act is not for humanitarian reasons but it is for political reasons. This whole premise of relocation for thousands is just a means to create divisive attitudes towards a race that just happens to be black and of course that whole welfare, gimme something for nothing attitude where if you give us something then we will take our uneducated ignorant refugee status and we will vote Democratic even if you choose to run a rock for office.

This whole incident is tragic, but this idea of bringing them to Florida makes as much sense as punching a hole in the boat to drain the water while its in the water. It just doesnt make sense until you realize that their actions arent intended to make sense. Only political expedience.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I had to give you a star for your insightful reply.
This is exactly what they want!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know what to say, given the current economic situation in the US I have mix feelings.

For one side I see the destruction of a nation due to natural sources and people in very much need of help.

But then I have to wonder how an influx of people will put a burden on the already stressed tax payer here.

Been in that tax bracket that has now been burdened with been a target by this government I don't know what to say.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thing is, with unemployment at an all time high, and with florida being one of the states with the least amount of industry (almost no factories whatsoever) unless these folks are technically skilled workers then they will just add to the burden.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't think they will mix well with the Southern Baptists.

I don't think it is a good idea at all. It's too many too fast.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

What Americans fear the most? What?

I'm more worried about religious fanatics in our own country, like the scum of the earth responsible for the Fort Hood massacre.

Americans need to realize this is it for Haiti. Haiti more or less is about to become a part of the United States. We will be rebuilding Haiti in a Marshall Plan type operation and by the end of it, Haiti will be virtually or literally a US commonwealth. The thousands of refugees coming to America are going to end up being citizens.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just what we need.
More ignorant, illiterate, diseased 3rd worlders.

As someone said, they should stay inn Haiti and help to rebuild it.

We do not want to support them.
We have our own to take care of.

Yes, this will create more racial tension.
It will add to the resentment that we already have in regard to welfare for foreigners.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

While I see no problem with that, I still can not imagine how taking 9 million people that is about the entire body of the Haiti nation can be done when is now 13 million of illegal immigrants waiting to be become citizens in the US already.

I am debating about the economic impact to the tax payer, my side is purely in the economic and monetary issue.

After all I am Puerto Rican and we are after all a Commonwealth, but we have beena Commonwealth for over 70 years.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

That is exactly what I was thinking. Should they do that their donations will drop like a stone. Legally I don't think they could do it anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
These are people. Men, women, children. I don't care if I have to sacrifice what little money I earn, these are people. As a human being, it's my right to help them.

PS. for those who call the Haitians ignorant 3rd worlders, you are ignorant alone just making that statement. Haitians are peaceful people that don't have the opportunities that we do. Before this earthquake they had little, now they have nothing.

Show some compassion for your own human species.

[edit on 1/16/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
can't see how haiti will become part of the US when technically it's still under french rule is it not?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

Haiti won it's independance in 1803. They are the second oldest independent state in the Western Hemisphere

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If this is the plan, would it not reveal Red Cross as putting on a 'benevolent' front while secretly being a part of the corporatism takeover?

Could this be true?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

Right now. I'm worrying about my future. The Obamanation has plans to cut funding to many of the programs that many people, like myself, earn an income. I lost all of my savings to the Barny butpumper Frank REIT's and Wall street debacles. No one is going to bail me out or care for me if I become sick, injured or when (and if able) I retire!
My $$ stays home

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you. The US has given Haiti $3bn since 1992, hence everyone who pays taxes have given to Haiti. I also encourage and respect your desire to provide additional assistance and the outpouring of support from private American's and American corporations has been fantastic and I'm certain that figure will only grow.

The real issue here has to do with what really to do once the situation is stable. The country is both soverign and a disaster. Papa and Jr. Doc took some $800m out of the country. Aristride looted about $300m. What actually is to be done with a place like Haiti? Do you send in the UN to essentially eliminate their sovergnity and "run" the country? Do you just give them cash and let them do what ever they want with it?

This is a vexing problem. We need to urgently support the relief efforts, privately, not via governments. Once the immediate situation is stable, what to do next is going to be a difficult problem to solve.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What is wrong with you?

Sure, these people had nothing but the way I see it the earthquake was a blessing in disquise for them.

They will have more food, nicer homes to live in and God only knows what else.

I pray that they take advantage of what the American people are giving them and keep their A*** over there.

We don't need them here in this country to take away homes that our own homeless families need.

Sorry but I have no compassion for them when I see so many Americans suffering in the United States.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join