It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel should be tried for war crimes

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
If the Palestinians had focussed on building their own society fifty years ago instead of trying to claw their land back, they could have had ten democratically elected presidents and a proper seat at the UN. The trickiest negotiations in the region would be re-uniting Israel and Palestine into a free trade zone. Granted, that would have been easier if they hadn't been forced into miserable refugee camps by their ARAB NEIGHBORS. If Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt so love their poor Muslim brethren, why didn't they grant them some of their own land and help them build on it? Because Nasser's Pan-Arabism needed the Palestinians to be miserable victims to provide a pretext for his "unaligned" cold war hegemony. That didn't work out too well. Now Iran is feeding off Palestinian misery towards its own ends. The Palestinians need to figure out who their true enemies are, and if they take a cold hard look at history-- real history-- they might be very surprised. There is a conspiracy out there. It's just not the one they've been brainwashed to think it is. Technically, this is probably off target, but the issue on these threads is never really what the title says it is, is it?

I agree with you. The Arab nations could easily accomodate the Palestinians, however it does not suit them to do this.

My view is that the Palestinians trapped in gazza and West Bank will/are being made to look just the same as the Jews did in the Holocuast.

Eacd day that passes and every attrocity done by Israel on these people is being recorded and just as in the case of the Jews eventually the Israeli's will be held to account for their crimes, just as the Jewx have held Germany to account for the crimes against Jews in WW2.

There is no way the Arabs will relieve the suffereing of Palestinians until the world has been sickened by Israels crimes.

What amazes me so much is how the Israeli's cannot see how they are walking into this, and how in the end they will be made to pay back, just as they expected payback for their suffering.

It is made even worse that the crimes being committed by Israel is in the name of Jews who know what suffering is. The Jews will have zero defence when it comes time to explain just what the hell they are doing.

I appeal to Jews everywhere to denounce Israel's aparthied crimes against Palestinians and call for fair treatment for everyone in the region.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
To serve the full world level justice almost all major and not only countries should be tried for war crimes.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Pitons]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon
I have read many of your post and you are always quick to come to the leaders of Israel's defense and rather than giving a rational and informative counter response/argument, you switch the subject to something such as how every criticism of israel is anti semitic. And your response about how people get paid to post "anti jewish" material on here, well, we know the old saying "the guilty dog barks first."

I think you missed something. I really don't give a damn about the Israeli leaders and see a lot of unfortunate bad decisions made by them. But on a forum like this where sophisticated analysis is sorely lacking, I do what little I can to offset the vast amounts of vile malign agenda driven material that is floated.

Israel has been attacked by it's Arab neighbours since the day of it's creation in 1948. No country in history has had to submit to over half a century of constant siege on every level. Yest an advanced country now exists where there was once an underpopulated desert. The surrounding countries like Jordan, Syria, Egypt are still pretty much at the development stage they were at centuries ago.

There is some mass delusion that if Israel ceased to exist somehow the quality of life for Arabs on the region would be tranquil and prosperous. But not only has history shown otherwise, an new factor has emerged that has transformed the landscape. The Middle East is awash in oil. The regimes fortunate enough to sit on these vast reserves have become emboldened with billions floating through their coffers to amplify their religious and tribal conflicts to unprecedented scale. The Saudis fund mosques worldwide that spread enmity and hatred of the Christianized West and specifically Jews of the world. Terrorism is supported and encouraged. Sunni and Shiite conflicts have become the source of large scale wars as we've seen with Iraq-Iran, Lebanon, etc.

The backwards looking leaders of the region have not dealt with the realities of the past half century. Their populations have tripled, but there has been no serious progress in reforming agriculture, industrialization, education, representational governments, etc.

The region is at best static, compare to the rest of the world in serious decline. Oil revenues do not trickle down to the people instead being frittered away of weapons and aggression, or invested in the West.

Israel is used as a scapegoat to explain to the people why they are poorer and hungrier than ever. The real answer is despotic leaders with little concern for the welfare of their own people and improvement of their countries.

Anyone with any insight into world affairs living or traveling through the region sees this. It is a tragic waste of the world's greatest resources that the Middle East remains in self-destructive turmoil when it could be the garden spot of all Asia.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Another crock of biased and racial poo from mmichael.

Fact, Jews have lived in the Middle East since time began along with other races and religions. Jew made no difference to how the place looked up till Israel was taken from the indiginous population in 1948.

Since then the only reason that Israel has been able to prosper and forge ahead is due to the foreign money poured in.

This is still the case today and if America were to stop pouring money in to shore up Israel it would fall to pieces.

Mmichael implies that Jews are superior to their arab neighbours, but we have come to expect that from a racist. When are the mods going to ban his hatred from this board ? He makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by mmiichael

Another crock of biased and racial poo from mmichael.

Fact, Jews have lived in the Middle East since time began along with other races and religions. Jew made no difference to how the place looked up till Israel was taken from the indiginous population in 1948.

Since then the only reason that Israel has been able to prosper and forge ahead is due to the foreign money poured in.

This is still the case today and if America were to stop pouring money in to shore up Israel it would fall to pieces.

Mmichael implies that Jews are superior to their arab neighbours, but we have come to expect that from a racist. When are the mods going to ban his hatred from this board ? He makes me sick.

You know nothing about the history of the region. The US didn't even condone the creation of the State of Israel. In fact Russia and France were primary supporters for the first two decades.

You are also clueless about the economics of Israel. Despite the common fantasy Israel lives off US funding, a stipulated 75% of US foreign aid has to spent on American product or investment. Much is in the form of repayable loans. The money's received are less that 10% of Israel's GDP now. Essentially it's a subsidy.

It's considered necessary for regional security reasons just as Egypt is given close to the same amount with no stipulations on spending, just to ensure the Suez is open at all times.

Please feel free to report this to the mods and recommend I get banned. Why put up with contradiction to the perpetuated myths you choose to believe?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
War crimes should be prosecuted and those responsible should be punished. Zionists frequently accuse anyone who sheds light on their barbarism of being antisemitic, but more and more Jews are renouncing the state's actions too. I'd like to hear someone accuse this guy of being a racist:

The chief of staff of the Israeli army recently (said) the Palestinians are a cancerous growth. That type of talking... is actually like Nazi Germany.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join