It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flare 1040, Zombies, Earthquakes, and The Mayan End Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This thread is pure speculation based on what I have read on ATS today...

Okay I for one have had enough of 2012 Death posts, but I cannot help but wonder so I will postulate a theory just on what I read..

The Mayan Calendar supposedly ends on 12-21-2012 right? Not so it has to end on a date of 13 13 13 13 13 13 Ahau, as I was led to believe. However that date (12-21-2012) does not contain the requisite data, however 10-28-2011 does. Was it a round off? I always thought that it was how long it took us to sail around the Milky Way back to our starting point.

We supposedly will hit the galactic plane (Milky Way Galaxy) on that date. Hitting the plane is a 62 million year occurance, bear with me. It follows by some that an extinction level event, caused by excessive gamma rays, world tipping by pole shift, earthquakes (early warning system). And more and explosive volcanic activity. Wow that seems to be happening now.

But the Calendar ends, it just ends. I believe that most calendars were composed by what their creators saw, namely the stars and constellations..

Will this mean a pole shift so that other stars are in place? 62 million years is a long time. It is anyones guess.

Zombies and super powers - may seem like a joke but the Maya believed it is the end of one age and the start of another. An ascension so to speak, would it be so hard to believe that maybe with a dose of gammas from the center of the galaxy, that something may happen to you? Even in the middle of chaos?

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I had a calender end 15 days ago. I'll have another one end in 350 days.

It's just an instrument for keeping time.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Ah yes but your calendar is still based on known astronomical movements.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I do not follow much 2012 stuff as I even fell asleep watching the promo for the history channel show on it, but I will say that if zombies of any sort came up out of the earth... I would kill myself.

I do not know what it is but I can't deal with zombies. I can watch crazy movies like "Audition" and "Tokyo Gore Police" but I get freaked out by the site of a zombie on a tv screen.

No explanation why.... that's just how it is.

On this subject, I stand here.

If the Mayans figured out something that we cannot figure out with modern telescopes and computers, then we may have to consider that ET's are a likely possibility. This opens a large can of worms in itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I like your honesty, I don't like zombies either. They smell bad, that wasnt my point tho, the calendar just ends. Why?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder the calendar just ends. Why?

Ever had a copier run out of paper

Mayans had S@@t happen to them to.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder
that wasnt my point tho, the calendar just ends. Why?

Am I the only one who thinks some slave just got tired of chiseling rock and decided to call it a day? I admit I haven't done much reading on the matter though. I have very little interest in it. It seems like nonsense to me, and my explanation seems the most likely imo.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raverous

While it may seem nonsense to you an entire people followed it religiosly, even planning births etc. So you just shrug it off?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I like your honesty, I don't like zombies either. They smell bad, that wasnt my point tho, the calendar just ends. Why?

It doesn't end. It ticks over to the beginning of the next long count. The sixth, if I remember correctly.

Kinda like we just ticked over from 2009 to 2010.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

What do you think?

I think flexibility of mind is healthy. If zombies start walking the streets, don't be the poor fool standing around in shock until he gets eaten. But if the world is still here in 2013, don't be one of the ones who stands in the streets in shock because he sold his house to buy zombie repellant.

It follows by some that an extinction level event

Perhaps, but previous cycles have ended far less destructively.

Will this mean a pole shift

Pole shift is a well established phenomenon regardless of the validity of mayan calendar predictions.

Zombies and super powers - may seem like a joke

Computers, cellphones and wristwatches might also have seemed like "fantasy super powers" a few thousand years ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

So YOU found a new Mayan Calendar"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

While it may seem nonsense to you an entire people followed it religiously, even planning births etc. So you just shrug it off?

Groups of people have, and still do follow a lot of foolish things religiously. Why shouldn't I just shrug it off? Really, what makes this any more special than the other countless predictions that have been obsessed over and ultimately failed over the years? It's like people can't find a reason to live unless they think there's some inevitable doom around the corner. Are people really this sad? It would seem so.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Ahhh but I did not make a prediction, I simply said it ended.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is a difference between something ending and something resetting.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sowerby

But what was reset, I thought we were in a constant pattern and movement. What changed that they would end it?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It honestly could mean anything. I can assure you that on 12-21-2012 anything will be possible. But with that in mind on 1-16-10 anything is also possible.

Just because the it meant something to the Mayans doesn't mean it has any bearing on life today. The Mayans did perform human sacrifice because it meant something to them as well.

Point is nobody knows and if anything were to happen why waste the last couple years of your human life left worrying about it? Just opinion

join