Obama gives Unions $60 billion bribe; exempts them from various healthcare taxes

page: 1
36
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
NY Post Article


Big Labor got some big love from President Obama and congressional Democrats yesterday after they agreed to exempt union workers from the whopping “Cadillac tax” on high-cost health-care plans until 2018.

The sweetheart deal, hammered out behind closed doors, will save union employees at least $60 billion over the years involved, while others won't be as lucky -- they'll have to cough up almost $90 billion.


More 'change' from Obama. If you are in a Union, you are exempt from various healthcare taxes if this legislation passes. If you are in the exact same position making the same money but not in a union, sorry you are screwed. Saves union members $60 billion while shifting that entire tax burden to non union members. Lovely.... still like this 'change' ladies and gentlemen?




[edit on 15-1-2010 by johnny2127]



+8 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Back room deals such as this have further convinced me that Obama is ever determined to drive a giant wedge into this nation. Obama is an SEIU sweetheart and this move speaks volumes.

Unions keep getting deals left and right in addition to their already prime compensation packages.

The hard working NON UNION middle class will not like this. Me included.


+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


For the life of me, I really cannot understand how Obama supporters can defend this. Obviously many union members will be happy and will just laugh and chuckle. These are the exact sort of deals Obama campaigned against and said he would not do as President.... giving special treatment to special interest groups in exchange for continuing monetary and verbal support. Corruption anyone?


+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is not all unexpected. Obama is using the unions as his enforcers, and thus he needs to keep them on his side. Remember at all the health care reform protests how they were busing in SEIU members by the hundreds to stifle any dissent?

This Barack Obama fellow seems determined to have a total grip on power in this country. Bush II looks like a kindergarten student in comparison ...



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This is not all unexpected. Obama is using the unions as his enforcers, and thus he needs to keep them on his side. Remember at all the health care reform protests how they were busing in SEIU members by the hundreds to stifle any dissent?

This Barack Obama fellow seems determined to have a total grip on power in this country. Bush II looks like a kindergarten student in comparison ...


It certainly could be argued this is a good way to get unwavering support and devotion from a group. However, I think this is more just corrupt politics than part of some conspiracy. He's just handing out deals to his friends and people that will support him, and targeting those that oppose him with penalties. Exact behavior he campaigned against. I just wonder if Americans are paying enough attention to see this and realize what he is really all about. Spread that article to people.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This little bit is from the article in the OP.

Officials said the deal was thrashed out over more than 15 hours of negotiating at the White House that ended after midnight Wednesday.

Powerful unions were well-represented around the bargaining table.

Participants included AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Andy Stern, head of Service Employees International Union; Anna Burger, head of Change to Win; and the leaders of unions representing teachers, government workers, food and commercial workers, and electricians.

Stern has been among the most frequent visitors to the White House over the last year, showing up more than 20 times, according to logs.


Read more: www.nypost.com...


15 hours of negotiating with union leaders!!!! And still the GOP leaders are locked out of any White House negotiations.

This is GLARING proof of the priorities of Obama. To hell with bipartisanship , change and transparency. Obama has people that he needs to pay back.

All the more reason for this to FAIL miserably.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This little bit is from the article in the OP.

Officials said the deal was thrashed out over more than 15 hours of negotiating at the White House that ended after midnight Wednesday.

Powerful unions were well-represented around the bargaining table.

Participants included AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Andy Stern, head of Service Employees International Union; Anna Burger, head of Change to Win; and the leaders of unions representing teachers, government workers, food and commercial workers, and electricians.

Stern has been among the most frequent visitors to the White House over the last year, showing up more than 20 times, according to logs.


Read more: www.nypost.com...


15 hours of negotiating with union leaders!!!! And still the GOP leaders are locked out of any White House negotiations.

This is GLARING proof of the priorities of Obama. To hell with bipartisanship , change and transparency. Obama has people that he needs to pay back.

All the more reason for this to FAIL miserably.


Make complete sense right? Lock out the elected officials that represent voters, but allow the special interests in and allow them to negotiate for their base.

Things are getting so backwards in DC right now I can't even believe it.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127
 


What do you expect from Barak "who gonna screw you" Obama, the union leaders ( who are not elected but appointed in some cases) rallyed hard for a Democrat to win (Obama who wants to paint the Country purple SEIU). Of course there going to get there way they got sweet heart deal during the GM bailout what makes you think they wont get good deals for health care.... Liberals you should be ashamed Obama is George Bush part two, he isnt going to save you, he is here to destroy you.

Its time to start dealing with that



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, I am still un-gifted. I am not a union member. I don't live in Nebraska. I don't live in Louisiana. I called my Senator, Arlen Specter, to ask him why the Obama administration didn't have to buy his vote, too. I guess Obama figures that the Pennsylvania senators are very cheap 'ho's'.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this at all.......seems SOP for this administration. What does surprise me is the Kool Aide drinkers aren't on here defending these actions. Surely a liberal somewhere can justify this, they've tried with everything else.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Where is the C-SPAN video?


This whole bill is full of backroom deals. Of course, they call them deals.

I personally call them bribes.

Legal corruption.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321
 


I think only we can be guilty of bribery, their definition of the same action is a deal.......sad, just sad.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Where is the C-SPAN video?


This whole bill is full of backroom deals. Of course, they call them deals.

I personally call them bribes.

Legal corruption.


This is exactly the sort of reason they will not televise the negotiations and debate. Then they need to answer the questions about this sort of thing, and even they know there isn't a good explanation. Its not a coincidence they release this on a Friday. I am surprised that we have yet to hear one of the Obama supporters here offer and explanation why this is ok. Its very telling....



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


"15 hours of negotiating with union leaders!!!! And still the GOP leaders are locked out of any White House negotiations."

That statement right there is what boils my oil!! Are the masses so stupid as to not notice what this administration is doing to the country?
They shut down any debate on these "deals" they do,shut the doors so the people can't readily find out what they are doing,and shove this B.S. right down our throats. In a land that supposedly stands for equality the democrats are sure handing out a lot of "sweetheart"deals,just to place the burden on the few.
I am sick of this crap!!!!!!!!



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by jibeho
 


"15 hours of negotiating with union leaders!!!! And still the GOP leaders are locked out of any White House negotiations."

That statement right there is what boils my oil!! Are the masses so stupid as to not notice what this administration is doing to the country?
They shut down any debate on these "deals" they do,shut the doors so the people can't readily find out what they are doing,and shove this B.S. right down our throats. In a land that supposedly stands for equality the democrats are sure handing out a lot of "sweetheart"deals,just to place the burden on the few.
I am sick of this crap!!!!!!!!


From talking to a good deal of people today and sending this article to many people (my liberal friends included), this deal seems to be a turning point for many. There is no good excuse even for the most staunch supporter of Obama, and they can recognize how politically dirty this is. This seems like it is going to backfire big time, and has started to already.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127
 


I think the entire USA should be exempt from ObamaCare.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


It is a deeply flawed bill that even its backers are not excited about. But I would argue that the secrecy and deals such as these are actually the most worrying thing. Its not business as usual in DC..... its worse. All brought to you by the candidate of change who promised transparency, honesty and a not letting special interests influence policy.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127
 


I heard they broadcasted it over CSPAN........for 1 hour.

What a joke! I can hear them already.
It has been an hour. Are the CPAN cameras off yet?
Good. Lets get down to business.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Honestly, and I know it seems odd for a Libertarian to say, but I was actually surprised.

I wasn't surprised they would do it, only that it would be so obvious. In a bill that is destined to be massive, how it couldn't just be buried is beyond me.

Perhaps this is a bait and switch.

Huge nasty obvious scam that can be revoked after the people get mad, which makes it less likely the conservative media will really get to investigating the meat of this bill before it's too late.

It just seems to up front considering all the hush hush going on.

If it's legit, then this is Obama's Medicare part D.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Honestly, and I know it seems odd for a Libertarian to say, but I was actually surprised.

I wasn't surprised they would do it, only that it would be so obvious. In a bill that is destined to be massive, how it couldn't just be buried is beyond me.

Perhaps this is a bait and switch.

Huge nasty obvious scam that can be revoked after the people get mad, which makes it less likely the conservative media will really get to investigating the meat of this bill before it's too late.

It just seems to up front considering all the hush hush going on.

If it's legit, then this is Obama's Medicare part D.


Well they had to announce it since so many of the wavering democrats, were pointing to a lack of support from unions. They tried to cover it up by announcing it on a Friday when everyone is focused on Haiti. We have to make sure not to let this fly under the radar. Fwd that article I linked above to your friends and family. Make sure everyone knows what this administration is trying to do.





top topics
 
36
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join