It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Videos from Haiti (WARNING: some Upsetting Scenes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sky News Video

The devastation is trully shocking people have to stay in tents as there is no more homs for them to stay in, Bodies in tousands are laid in the middle of the street. Trully shocking stuff. And i wish the very best for all those who survived and RIP for those who never.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Rising Against]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just watching this on Sky news at the moment and the news reader is saying that the frustration and anger are near boiling over because of the slow international responce. I say they should be damm well be happy that someone is helping.

Nice to see the helping hand being bit. Personally if I was in there situation I would take what help I could get not be moaning to the camera man that the international comunity have not been fast enough.

I

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
Just watching this on Sky news at the moment and the news reader is saying that the frustration and anger are near boiling over because of the slow international responce. I say they should be damm well be happy that someone is helping.

Nice to see the helping hand being bit. Personally if I was in there situation I would take what help I could get not be moaning to the camera man that the international comunity have not been fast enough.

I

Not only that, but I like when the reporter said their President has not been seen, only heard. I bet he's a snug as a bug in a rug, not struggling to find shelter, food and water. It's a wonder why the populace never stormed that presidential palace. It was quite an oplulant abode before the earthquake, not like the squalid shantytowns where the common folk lived.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

EXACTLY! But no one is willing to talk about the TRUTH.
You know I'm not even over there witnessing any of this first hand but as an American I'm already pissed off at Haitians. Who the hell do they think they are getting mad, and angry like little children throwing a temper tantrum because the world isn't doing enough or getting supplies to them fast enough. When your goddamn country is an epic failure on so many levels what the hell do they expect? The world is doing everything they can, especially THE USA! Quit whining, quit breeding like out of control rabbits and use this as a time to get your goddamn country back in order. I mean seriously? What the hell do these people expect? This was the most destructive natural disaster the world has ever seen...............And the ONLY reason it's been such a destructive natural disaster is because the country has been a #hole with out of control population growth.

Population growth is the entire reason why Haiti is in the position it is in. And the international welfare has been fueling this population growth that has manifested itself in shanty towns, poor infrastructure, deforestation, 80% of the population under 18 years of age and illiterate. Oh but they are poor....they don't know any better right?

If Haiti descends into chaos instead of cooperation the world will once again turn its back on the country.........and so will I. You don't have to be poor to know that you don't hack someone with a machete because you are hungry. I'm simplifying things a little bit but I think that's what needs to happen............

It makes me sick to my stomach to see all these Haitian Americans fleeing their #hole of a country to come here. If their country is so damn great why aren't they living there? I get sick of people bitching and complaining about America......but when the world needs us they not only expect but DEMAND we are there to help.

The world is simply cleaning up a mess in Haiti they helped create.

AND HAITIA IS NOT AN ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! Hispaniola is an Island and people seem to forget that Dominican Republic is RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Larry King is interviewing this Hatian born actor and he's talking about his #hole of a country and how great it was when he was a kid...........my question to him is WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING TO EDUCATE HIS PEOPLE AND PROVIDE JOBS TO THEM! Instead of being a do nothing actor why doesn't he GO TO COLLEGE AND GET AN ENGINEERING DEGREE OR OPEN UP A BUSINESS AND MOVE BACK TO HAITI AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!

Man I'm pissed. The media is turning this entire Haiti catastropeh into a soap opera. Why doesn't Wyclef Jean go open up businesses in Haiti instead of being a do nothing musician that does not produce jobs or anything for people.

I've talked to several entrepeneurs who said they've tried to open up businesses in Haiti but it's futile because fo the culture of the people and the corruption.

Now everyone and their brother who's anybody in Hollywood is jumping at the opportunity to act like they give a # about Haiti. If they care so goddamn much about Haiti why don't they take their private jets or yachts and millions of dollars and GO THERE AND HELP! Talking on CNN isn't doing anything.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You are generalising the entire population of Haiti by what you have see and heard on CNN. If you want to be angry at anyone I would suggest you turn that anger towards CNN and the rest of the MSM as they are the ones who are using this situation to further their own political agendas. It is not that hard to select the people you want to interview and make something appear different that what is the truth.
I seen alot of folks on CNN and Faux and the other MSM complaining and whining during the Katrina crisis as well , but does that mean the entire US are illiterate, corupt, and have out of control breeding.
I understand you are angry, but you are directing that anger in the wrong direction. You need to tyr and understand the situation these people are in over there before you judge. They are a dirt poor nation and there are people walking around who have lost what little they actually had. Could you imagine if this happened to yourself? You wake up tomorrow and everything you have is destroyed. You have no money, food, water, your family and friends are either dead or missing. I think that anyone who is in a situation like this would definitely feel angry and scared. Yet you can sit there and judge an entire nation while sitting in your nice warm home.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by nepafogo]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry for those who have lost loved ones in this earthquake, or are in any way suffering because of it, but at the same time I'm really pissed at my government for being so damn quick to jump on the bandwagon with all the assistance, yet cannot seem to find the funds needed to help its own (Canadians) who have lost their homes, due to companies shutting down, or for any other reason. The people of Haiti will recover, with most being better off financially than they were before this earthquake, even though much of the money donated will end up in the pockets of Haitian politicians. As many Haitians are moving into newly constructed homes at no cost to them, many homeless families here in Canada will still be sleeping in old cars, or under railway overpasses, as our politicians are slapping each other on the back for a job well done...in Haiti that is! And meanwhile, what about those folk living in the eastern U.S.A. who lost everything in that hurricane a few years back? How much help did they eventually receive, or did they?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

There are tribes in the amazon that have more common sense than the average Haitian. Poverty is NO excuse for ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

that's the whole problem with the world today..........ever wonder why black people are still poor and uneducated in America? it's because everyone makes excuses for them look at affirmative action. Well same thing in Haiti. Ohhhhh they are so poor............they aren't poor enough to breed like rabbits. I wish I could go out and have sex as much as I want without regards to feeding the offspring that I bear.

I think a lot of people especially people like you and me are going to lose our concern for Haiti and people like the Haitians if this crap continues.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Wow you just hit my thoughts spot on there really is a culture of have more babies than you can feed in some parts of the world becuase someone will always feel bad they are dieing and feed you and them.

Ethiopia is a prime example. Ethiopia is actually a very green country but some of them are forced or chose to live in the worst place there is having baby after baby sit on there ass'es and get fed for nothing.

The world has sent billions in aid to Ethiopia over the last 30 years and what has changed nothing because its easy to let the likes of the red cross fed you.

Animals will not have lots of offspring when theres little food or the population will naturally decrease but the people in these countires continue breeding and its the little kids that suffer and die the most, you would think they would get the idea by now that if theres not enough food best to try and not have kids.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

I don't think this is an occasion to have a rant about what keeps one nation poor and another rich. Though I understand the annoyance - I've had a Ugandan say to me that the reason their sewers weren't working was because they 'weren't getting enough aid'. I think we have bred an aid reliant mentality. And it's a question of where that aid is going and how the country is run etc. Also, in poorer nations, they have got into the habit of producing more kids because of the rate of die off, or because they see it as more labour for the land.
I just think these are arguments for another time.
I'm imagining how we would feel if we were an earthquake survivor in a dirt poor country. You home has been destroyed. You have maybe lost family. There is nothing to eat or drink, people are dying in the streets. And there before you is a well fed reporter. You know they will not be starving any time soon and they probably have access to medical help if they need it. Whatever - they will be returning to their comfortable well fed lifestyle.
I don't think you can criticise anyone for losing it in those circumstances (it must be difficult for reporters too).

[edit on 16-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by nepafogo

There are tribes in the amazon that have more common sense than the average Haitian. Poverty is NO excuse for ignorance.

You're right "poverty is no excuse for ignorance." So here you go... educate yourself a little...

Why is Haiti so poor?

Maybe now you'll say it was better for them to keep being slaves for a couple hundred years more? I don't know. By the way Haitians were slaves brought from Africa so in a way they were much like the tribes in the Amazon doing fine (in their own ways) before "The White Man" came around.

I'm not making excuses for them. If I where there I would be trying to clean up at least my home, but try to understand that these people feel like "what's the use."

[edit on 1/16/2010 by 3vilscript]

top topics

join