It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Would Vote Against Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Sometimes I do not get your humor. Detroit, the last I heard is at 35% or so unemployment.

I think it's near 50% now, (that is if you count all the people that don't have jobs and aren't looking either)

I would vote for Ron Paul, I don't know about Kucinich, something about him just rubs me the wrong way, it maybe the massive amount of spam I get from his office.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I don't have any specific political ideology or so to say 'agenda'

* Turns and makes scary ghost noise *

But I don't really think it is entirely fair to judge him until his term is completely over.....Of course thats only if we make it that far

Now you probably know far more than I ever will about the wrongs that Mr. Obama has made. But again there are still 3 years left, and from my perspective he seems like a genuine guy that sincerely holds America's best interest at heart.

I do not regret voting for him. And yes, I do not agree with 90% of the decisions he makes. But at the time, he seemed like the best choice for our country... And for the most part he still does... Only time will tell

- No need to reply, just wanted to get you thinking and shout out my opinion

[edit on 14-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul????

Isn't this guy like a 100 years old? I know he is older than John McCain.

Anyways not too many Republicans would support this kook.

Just a quick reality check!

OUT

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I understand that a lot of people voted for him because they BELIEVED he was the right choice, only because he was not George Bush. During the elections, anyone that looked like bush, talked like bush, voted like bush, or even had tea with bush was brushed off immediately, no matter how right of a choice they may or may not have been.

Obama did not beat McCain in the election, He beat George W. Bush.

Edit To Add- Its Ironic how everyone thought McCain was going to be a continuation of Bush when really it was Obama all along.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Kucinich may be a progressive, but he seems to be exactly like Paul. Always votes the same way, never sells out the people.

I think we need to go back to the days of the loser of the vote becomes the vice president.

When did that change, cannot remember my history on that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Is there a "I vote for no one,and return to the law of the land which is the Constitution of the United States of America" box?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky
reply to post by Misoir

Health care reform is a cornerstone of progressive agenda.

Cap and Trade - progressive

Teaching kids how to have gay sex - progessive.

First off it is very offensive to say to 'teach kids how to have gay sex', that is completely wrong, I oppose homosexuality but have to accept 'to each his own'. So I support gay marriage and equal rights. Well what is not Progressive is; Patriot Act, Expanding war in Afghanistan, Stimulus package for banks and coporations, health insurance without public option, military agression, expanding taxes any further, not supporting gay marriage.

He has not done any of this! He is a liar, his whole change fantasy was a lie! He is like Bush, a liar!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Finally some sanity in here!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Hopefully a failure that does less damage...

But isn't voting for the "lesser of two evils" the same as still giving your tacit acceptance of evil? Unless Ron Paul (maybe Kucinich) steps up to bat again, my vote will be "No Confidence." Not that the popular vote counts for much in Presidential elections anyway...It's the Electorial College that votes for Presidency.

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul????

Isn't this guy like a 100 years old?

Maybe, but he's also got an impeccable track record of living up to his Oath of Office for over 30 years in Congress. His son (who happens to be an eye surgeon) is running for a seat in Congress, so Ron has already arranged for his "backup."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I detested the last 8 years... I wanted to believe the hope and change (with cautious optimism) but I don't like the looks of the next 4 years, either. So really, I would love an answer (that makes sense) about what to do going forward because it's obvious that neither "Party" is going to be on the side of the People.

ETA:
I don't trust polls.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky
reply to post by joey_hv

Well only a year of the Progressive agenda and everyone is already fully ready to throw his sorry ass out on the street. God, I love this country.

I would like another eight years of Neocon agenda myself, 2012 we can reinstate these successes and things will blossom!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So, they ask 1200 people and they, somehow, manage to extrapolate this into "most Americans" wouldn't vote for Obama?

1200 people? Out of over 300 million?

I am always completely baffled how such small polls can ever be used as "fact" by anyone.

We get the same in the UK. Labour will have a "focus group" with about 30 people (hand picked by the way) and when 75% say "We'd love loads of foreign people to move in and help themselves to our welfare", they take that as gold and that the nation supports them...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

He won because hate for the Bush administration was hot at the time. By the next election people will have had 4 years to cool down and heat up to the mistakes Obama is making now.

But you are right in that it all depends on who is running against him. There's no way McCain will run again. And I seriously doubt it will be Mitt Romney. Palin MIGHT get together a "tea party" together on the ballot but that would only ensure the election went back to the Democrats.

Honestly, in the next election I sincerely expect Hilary Clinton to try and steal the nomination away from Obama. It's an unheard-of move to uplift the incumbent by another Democrat, but given the recent comments by Bill Clinton (that "a few years ago this guy [Obama] would have been getting us coffee") I think the Clinton family honestly has no respect for the Obama family.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The only thing that can save Barack (CSPAN) Obama is a Republican uprising in 2010. Republicans take control, bring some sanity to this outrageous situation we have now, Obama takes credit for it, and barely holds on in 2012.

HMMM sounds like a replay of 1994 Republican uprising helping Clinton in 1996.

You think Republicans are going to take back control and save the nation? Well if that isn't worthy of a "lol" I don't know what is.

Bring some sanity to this outrageous situation by voting independent in 2010 and 2012. Anything else is just going to continue the problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Okay, lets try this survey question...

Would you choose, as a dinner meal, an uncooked fatty steak?
Hmmm... how many respondents would say yes?

Now ask them the same question except give them one of two choices...the uncooked steak...or a steaming pile of dogs*&t?

I bet you would see those numbers rise for uncooked fatty steak...

This whole "would you vote for Obama" question without specifying what the alternatives are has to be the most loaded BS survey question I have seen in a decade.

The Allstate/National Journal Heartland Monitor poll shows 50% say they would probably or definitely vote for someone else.

Fully 37% say they would definitely cast a ballot against Obama.

Meanwhile, just 39% would vote to re-elect the pres. to a 2nd term, and only 23% say they definitely would do so.

The poll, conducted by Financial Dynamics, surveyed 1,200 adults between Jan. 3-7 for a margin of error of +/- 2.8%.

hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com...

First off…whenever reading poll results for anything, notice language…

in particular adjectives…they are the key indicators showing how the numbers will be spun. My statistics professor taught me this 20 years ago and it still applies today.

The article says “Fully” 37% say they would vote for someone else…
The article also says "just" 39% would vote to re-elect the pres.

Can you tell me which of those numbers are greater?

But rarely do you see them just saying 37% say they would vote for someone else....not "Fully" or "Just" or "Barely" or "Nearly half"

It's how you SPIN a poll...

Lets take a look at the actual survey and see if we can discern some truth here.
www.nationaljournal.com...

Approval ratings of Obama from Survey….
-----
And, overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president? Do you approve/disapprove strongly or somewhat?
TOTAL APPROVE 47%
TOTAL DISAPPROVE 45%
-----

Hmmmm… Obama comes out on top...Curious the article didn't mention that? Maybe because it is sponsored by ALLSTATE INSURANCE????

- Okay another question from the survey with results….

----
And, in general, who do you trust more to develop solutions to the country’s economic challenges… President Obama OR Republicans in Congress?

President Obama 41%
Republicans in Congress 33%

----

- Again Obama on top vs the GOP in the Trust dept. ANother curious ommision in the article.

Okay lets keep going with the survey

----
Thinking back over the policies that President Obama has pursued over the last 12 months, would you say that the country is

Not significantly better off yet, but beginning to move in the right direction because of the policies Obama has pursued 52%
Significantly worse off because of the policies Obama has pursued 31%
Significantly better off because of the policies Obama has pursued 13%
Don’t Know/Refused 3%
----

52% think the country is begining to move in the right direction because of Pres Obama's policies...

----
Had John McCain won the presidency, do you think the policies that he would have pursued over the last 12 months would have left the country in…
About the same shape as it is now under Obama 36%
Worse shape than it is now under Obama 32%
Better shape than it is now under Obama 24%
Don’t Know 8%

----

- Okay…only 24% of respondents think McCain would have done a better job.

Again...the steak and the DogS*&^ question...this is the results when actual choices are given to respondents.

----
Which of the following best describes your feelings about President Obama?
I like him and like his policies 43%
I like him but dislike his policies 31%
I dislike him but like his policies 3%
I dislike him and dislike his policies 18%
Don’t Know 4%
Refused 1%
----

Okay…well seeing as the actual poll seems to support the POTUS, maybe it was conducted primarily in a Democratic region?

----
Region
Region Total
Deep South 21%
Upper Midwest 18%
Pacific 16%
Northeast 10%
Midatlantic 13%
Outer South 9%
Great Plains 7%
Mountain 6%
----

Wow…the majority in the deep south? And Obama got this kind of support?...what does that say?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Honestly, in the next election I sincerely expect Hilary Clinton to try and steal the nomination away from Obama. It's an unheard-of move to uplift the incumbent by another Democrat, but given the recent comments by Bill Clinton (that "a few years ago this guy [Obama] would have been getting us coffee") I think the Clinton family honestly has no respect for the Obama family.

Fat chance...If I thought the POTUS was a brilliant political tactician I would say that he appointed Hillary Clinton to the State Department to (1) Appease Clinton Supporters while at the same time (2) Taking her out of play in 2012. In order for her to run in 2012 she has to be able to claim a win in her current role ...foriegn affairs...which is near impossible at this time in history. If she pulls off peace between Palastine and Israel before 2012...then Yes, she can run...and frankly will deserve to win the Presidency. Ansent that...it's a hard sell. What have you gotten done in the past 4 years Mrs. Clinton? Hard sell.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

This post more than any other warmed my heart!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join