It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has CNN and Dr. Sanjay Gupta lost their damn minds?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
He didn't even really do anything for that baby except wrap her head and he couldn't even do that correctly.....the other person had to step in and finish the job.......probably a nurse.........

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky
I just watched him help ONE little child and they made it out like he was a saint. WTF?
How about helping out as many people as he can and screw the reporting.
Has CNN and Dr. Sanjay Gupta lost their minds?

Cooper and Sanjay probably found a kid on the street and promised him a CNN T-Shirt if he would go crawl under something so they could pull him out in front of the cameras. That's CNN Showbiz Folks....lol

On another note, I hope our troops get carte blanche as to how to handle those roving machete armed street gangs stealing food, this would be a good time to clean up that problem over there.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Maybe he is trying to use his notoriety to gain support for aid to Haiti - Showing how bad it is - most people don't want to see him performing amputations on camera or see a closeup of someone dying before their eyes - they just want to see that a doctor is there helping out - that the people are getting the medical attention they need. Then they can feel good that someone is doing something and can go about their own business.

I noticed that people tend to repeat themselves over and over when they are in shock too. They are probably trying to comprehend the situation themselves. They just have the disadvantage of having to actually be there and keep it together to make a news report about the situation.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ultimately, without reporting, the world would not know the extent of the damage, and therefore less resources would end up there.

The reason your pissed at them is because they were reporting, and you were able to see the catastrophy. Might make you effected enough to donate a few bucks towards the cause which will help get a ton of resources there.

Had that not been on, you wouldn't have been alerted and therefore not cared/bothered to send a donation. Such reporting is more important than helping out. They dont need an extra guy helping out, they need hundreds if not thousands of extra hands and tons of resources.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Uhm... in case you didn't notice he IS helping out as a doctor...

Also, being an ambassador in this way is also key and beneficial... so he is actually doing TWO jobs...

#quityerbitchin

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Feeling Frisky

What I saw is Dr.Gupta treating sick and injured and spending most of his time in the different health care facilities working with doctors, he is a Neurosurgeon, he can no perform surgeries without proper equipment, he can only tell how ill or not people are do an assessment.

I think his is doing a heck of the job with what he have available.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't think Sanjay lost his mind. I think the ones who lost their minds are the not-helping snobs who comfortably sitting behind their computers and passing judgment on the helpful people in the field.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Maybe he's already helping, except for the few minutes that the camera is on.

Just because you don't see him doing something doesn't mean that he is not doing it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zupreme

Yes, even one CNN newswomen was telling that Dr. Gupta is in Haiti as a news correspondent but that he could not stay away from helping in the hospitals he is bringing news from, also when he is in the streets he is also stopping to help anybody that he see in need.

Thanks to his news coverage the aids are now arriving to the most needed and overwhelmed facilities.

He is doing a heck of a job.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by zupreme

Yes, even one CNN newswomen was telling that Dr. Gupta is in Haiti as a news correspondent but that he could not stay away from helping in the hospitals he is bringing news from, also when he is in the streets he is also stopping to help anybody that he see in need.

Thanks to his news coverage the aids are now arriving to the most needed and overwhelmed facilities.

He is doing a heck of a job.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by marg6043]

Sounds like Jesus passing amongst the needy, spreading peace and comfort. Hell, Obama save your $100M, just let Gupta work his mirracles.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Feeling Frisky

Apparently you didn't see the report about him helping a 15 week old baby. He is a doctor first and foremost. They DO go to medical school you know.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

He is not Obama and never will, he is just a Doctor with a doctors oath regardless of his status and class.

Plain and simple, I would expect no less from him and any other doctor while they are in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zupreme

Was he covered in blood and dirt and looking a little distressed, or nice super clean white shirt? I didn't see it.

The big question is why with all the "aid" and people flooding into help do we not see evidence? On the BBC news last night they were outside the airport among all the sick and injured and NO-ONE was around helping. Who is running the rescue attempt Mickey Mouse? Should have tents and an army medical centre or two set up by now along with food distribution centres. Airport was secured with ATC two days ago..

I know it's a disaster zone but this is taking way to much time.

As for armed locals looking for food and "dealing" with them, if you were in that state would you not do the same. These people are in total dispear for god sake. All about the killing for you isn't it.. Sickening

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Maybe we could send Pat Robertson down with Gupta.
You know, save their soul and their lives...the 'ol one-two punch, ya know?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Please don't get me started on Pat the profiteer, he will be damned to hell with all his business associates for what I care.

You know Gupta is doing a heck of a job compare to what you and I are doing right now in the comfort of our homes and while typing in our computers

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

True...Ya know Pat Robertson would go down and help but he has to conduct a Praise-a-Thon to raise money to buy a new air conditioner for his dog's house.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've watched the repeated replays of Gupta attempting to help the 15 day old baby, and I can't help but feel that the whole thing was staged. It's too 'clinical'.

He doesn't just walk up to the scene and start helping. One of his assistants led him to the area, mentioned 'we have a 15 day old baby' and then an older man walks up in a very clean white shirt and hands him a baby, that was barely injured, and had already been treated.

Tell me this wasn't staged.....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I feel the exact opposite of the OP. When I saw Dr. Gupta, I almost cried because I could see the sincere sorrow, shock and horror on his face. He looked broken down, he has seen things no one should have to see. At one point he could barely look in the camera and his voice trailed off as he mentioned the carnage. He looked as though he was questioning his very existence, the meaning of life, everything! There was no act there, he might have post traumatic stress from this. I am sure he is doing all he can to help, and trying to make sense of the impossible.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Reminds me of Shepherd Smith from Fox wining about the hungry and thirsty people in the dome during Katrina as he is holding a fresh water bottle and takes a swig...

I can't stand that effer.

That was the exact thing I had in mind too! That and (I think it was Gerlrado) that was standing at the edge of the water and as the victims were struggling out of it would ask them - "Are you ok?"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by joey_hv
Reminds me of Shepherd Smith from Fox wining about the hungry and thirsty people in the dome during Katrina as he is holding a fresh water bottle and takes a swig...

I can't stand that effer.

That was the exact thing I had in mind too! That and (I think it was Gerlrado) that was standing at the edge of the water and as the victims were struggling out of it would ask them - "Are you ok?"

Yeah, if you are looking for heros, reporters are right behind used car salesmen. Cold calculating ratings freaks. CNN was suffering in viewer percentages...so Ted Turner says, send our crack team to shead a few tears.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join