It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has CNN and Dr. Sanjay Gupta lost their damn minds?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Was thinking about starting something about this topic as well because the same thoughts were running through my mind watching him, and some other woman that is just a reporter.

She was talking about how these people had found this man under a school building, and how a group of people were trying to free him, however, he was stuck in between rubble and a bus or something (big vehicle) then I hear something completely insane after she mentions that the guy was screaming in agony because they were using a torch to try and cut away at the vehicle and it was burning the guy in the process; "We even managed to run a cord to the victim to speak with him." She then went on to her question "What is running through your mind this second?"

I... just... no words to describe some people...

The guy should have replied "Gee I dunno, how bout I turn into the incredible hulk and throw the building on your stupid *** and see how you feel!"

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Wintergreen]

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Wintergreen]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Excuse me, but have you seen what they are doing when the cameras are off? You are only witnessing what you see on tv. I know for a fact that Dr. Gupta is doing everything in his power to help. Medication and supplies are very hard to come by over there right now, so he can only do so much. And yes, Dr. Gupta is a well-respected brain surgeon in Atlanta. That is his main job, he reports and has his CNN weekend show on the side. As for Cooper, do you think he sits in his hotel room all day and goes outside just when he's on tv? This sort of thing is his passion. He goes to the worst hit areas, which are extremely dangerous, helps (YES, he is assisting the locals by looking for survivors when not on-air) and actually gets to know the victims on a personal level. If you watched his Katrina coverage, you'll see that he cares. Not many journalists have the guts to do what he does. Not to mention, when it's breaking news, these guys pack fast and take the first flight out. They don't have time to pack massive amounts of supplies, that's what the Red Cross is for. They are journalists and they are doing their jobs. I don't see Fox or MSNBC over there.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by eurotrash]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have to give it to Dr. Gupta, while the UN came to the tent hospital and evacuated the personnel leaving the people they just operated on by themselves with IVs and not supervision he is there staying overnight with them.

He is hell of a doctor.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How do these reporters get there so quick?It seems we can't get them a bottle of water but these hyenas are there before the bodies get cold.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Dr. Gupta has been moving around doing news on the difference medical facilities around, the tent hospital was erected next to the only major clinic that is having the biggest burden of victims he has been at it for the last two days.

That is why he is there because he has been there.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by wtfhuh

Why assume he is NOT helping?

You guys are fu^&ing ridiculous, stop for a moment and think maybe before posting.

I just saw him helping children for 30minutes, one with a broken foot and another with a skull inujury.

You can follow his tweets here:twitter.com...

I'm sure he's doing a hell of a lot more than your fat ass is at your computer.

OOooooh ,the tweeter...
Marvelous
The guy even has time to socialize and promote himself.
Ridiculous!!!!

Ridiculous indeed. Updating the public on the horrific conditions over there is "promoting yourself"? How so? May viewers have missing, injured, or possibly deceased loves ones over there. They have no way to contact them and, may turn to Twitter to see the latest updates. He is doing his job. What is wrong with you? Are you upset that he has more followers than you? Jealous much?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eurotrash

Don't bother, is so easy for people to sit at home like us and judge others while they are at least doing something humanitarian and in a dangerous zone while we are in our comfortable homes.

I give credit to anybody that is in Haiti and in the ground bringing news and helping others.

They are true heroes.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

They hear the breaking news on the wire, then the producer or supervisor will gather a crew and take the first flight out. Then they have to find transportation to the site which can be difficult. Most of them don't have time to go home and pack properly. They grab their equipment and go. It's a hard life. Trying to report in a chaotic area is challenging and heartbreaking (especially in very poor countries). Having to keep it together on-air in that type of situation is really hard work.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
He's not helping people because he is not a doctor. He is an actor, just like everyone else on Entertainment Television. No need to show you credentials, but we can print those up to if you really want to see them.

T.V. is entertainment. Entertainment can be anything from drama to comedy to action and even romance and HORROR. It sounds like internment for a reason....They call it internment, you call it entertainment....but they are the same thing so don't feel so bad that an actor is not jumping in. Feel bad that a human being isn't jumping in and helping....D(actor) or not.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
He's not helping people because he is not a doctor. He is an actor, just like everyone else on Entertainment Television. No need to show you credentials, but we can print those up to if you really want to see them.

T.V. is entertainment. Entertainment can be anything from drama to comedy to action and even romance and HORROR. It sounds like internment for a reason....They call it internment, you call it entertainment....but they are the same thing so don't feel so bad that an actor is not jumping in. Feel bad that a human being isn't jumping in and helping....D(actor) or not.

Peace

No sweetheart, he is a doctor. "Sanjay Gupta (born October 23, 1969) is an American neurosurgeon and an assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine and associate chief of the neurosurgery service at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta." - Wikipedia

He was President Obama's first choice for Surgeon General.

Entertainment? Yes, if you are watching Fox.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by joey_hv
Reminds me of Shepherd Smith from Fox wining about the hungry and thirsty people in the dome during Katrina as he is holding a fresh water bottle and takes a swig...

I can't stand that effer.

That was the exact thing I had in mind too! That and (I think it was Gerlrado) that was standing at the edge of the water and as the victims were struggling out of it would ask them - "Are you ok?"

Yeah, if you are looking for heros, reporters are right behind used car salesmen. Cold calculating ratings freaks. CNN was suffering in viewer percentages...so Ted Turner says, send our crack team to shead a few tears.

mmmmmkay...
1. LOL at the Geraldo statement! "Are you ok?" Classic. He is a true idiot.
2. Ted sold his company to Time Warner and is retired
3. A huge earthquake killing millions not news worthy? Would you rather see them report on something like Avatar or The Real Housewives of Orange County?
4. They are not heroes nor car salesmen. They are journalists reporting on an event that has gained international attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eurotrash

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Peace

No sweetheart, he is a doctor. "Sanjay Gupta (born October 23, 1969) is an American neurosurgeon and an assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine and associate chief of the neurosurgery service at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta." - Wikipedia

He was President Obama's first choice for Surgeon General.

Entertainment? Yes, if you are watching Fox.

Like I said. If you need credentials we can print those up too...we can even put him on the moon if you like...you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out...pun....take it or leave it.

"With man it is impossible, but not so for television. With television all things are possible"...Je'sus

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have to say in the latest development of Dr. Gupta staying when the UN doctors left wipes out any initial issues he may have had. He really stepped up to the demands of the situation.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by A52FWY]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
this is entertainment people!!!....why else would NBC send Al Roker?? he's a weatherman that does light hearted side stories on the today show...i can see his report? ...."it's still sunny with a good chance of a massive amount of deaths".

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have not seen any footage of the good doctor,however, from reading here I am seeing similarities to the reporters who were bolted onto tanks during the start of "Iraqi Freedom".

PROPOGANDA

Beam the images of hopelessness into peoples mind, followed by the appeals for aid (giving your money)

Every time there is a disaster, aid agencies hear cash registers.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You might consider a new position on Dr. Gupta. The UN field hospital was ordered to evacuate due to security concerns (WTF???) and he was left alone there with the injured that the UN medical team abandoned.

www.cnn.com...

He is doing his best to stabilize and care for who he can with no supplies.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

More here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tweets from the Doctor...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, he has redeemed himself, and then some.

The news media has an important role in any tragedy like this, but usually they are only interested in sensationalizing events like this to increase and captivate their viewing audience. Exploitation at its finest! Must keep the shock value high, ratings even higher.

Gupta has shown that he is a doctor first, journalist second... Good on him... Still CNN and others are there to not only report on the events in Haiti, but also to sell advertising time and will do everything to squeeze profit out of this while they can... As soon as ratings begin to fall they will leave like everyone else eventually and the people of Haiti can return to their lives of horrible poverty and conditions that existed long before this earthquake.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dr. Gupta stay all night helping 25 patient that were left alone at the tent hospital after having various degrees of procedures from amputations to scratches and could not leave due to be hook on IVs or heavily sedated.

He made sure that the patients were in good possible condition for the UN doctors return in the morning.

He is also giving medical advise and helping with victims head injuries as that is his specialty.

No matter what many think I have to give it to Dr. Gupta he is a heck of a humanitarian as well as a doctor and medical correspondent

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintergreen

"We even managed to run a cord to the victim to speak with him." She then went on to her question "What is running through your mind this second?"

OH my yes, I saw that, she seemed very detached from the pain and suffering,

This poor guy doing an interview,

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree Marg, I watched that last night also,

I don't know the circumstances, but why would doctors leave with ivs hanging, the whole thing is a mess.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join