It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Obama Czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think that the most important part of this article is NOT that he is trying to have conspiracy theories outlawed, but rather the constant correlation between conspiracy theories AND extremists.

I have been saying this for awhile in numerous threads. Obama is not going to do anything to nullify the First Amendment. Just as he is NOT going to do anything to nullify the Second Amendment.

However, what they DO seem to be doing is growing this never-ending list of "would-be" and "possible" and "likely" terrorist and extremists groups. I believe that is the actual problem.

When Obama comes out and says that "known" or "suspected" terrorists wanting to do harm and wreak havoc on the United States and its citizens are bearing arms (2nd amendment) and generating rhetoric (first amendment) in order to incite violence and that THEY need to be stopped at all costs, nobody will blink an eye. Rather, there will more than likely be a resonating mantra of "Down with the Terrorists"!

What nobody seems to connect, is that at some point we are all [well, most] going to be labeled terrorists or extremists. All the government is doing is continually increasing the number of people that can and do fall onto these "lists". THAT is how the White House is going to remove our rights in my opinion. NOT by an all-out removal / changing / weakening of our amendment rights, but rather a more inclusive and vague description of whom they should apply to and more importantly, whom they should not.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I think they are both important.

Government engaging in dis-info, "infiltration", and discrediting of private citizens for ANY reason is extremely dangerous.

As you say, they keep expanding the definition of "extremist" groups. While the paper focuses on 9/11, the ultimate intent is to legitimize governments role in suppressing all view points that disagree with the State.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Well, you're spinning it. I don't trust these people any more than you do but I'm just saying he never says
"let's lie to them and tell them things to get them on our side alone" he says
"let's tell them facts they may not have been exposed to before, another side of the story"

I'll admit, it's creepy as hell but it's legal for a government agent to talk on a forum.

Basically it's just confirmation of what we've known for a long time, disinfo agents if you want to see it that way. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas
Just came across this article on WND. I know many people do not care for the site, but judge the article for what it says about Cass Sunstein's desire to ban conspiracy theories.

Source:
In a lengthy academic paper, President Obama's regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, argued the U.S. government should ban "conspiracy theorizing." Among the beliefs Sunstein would ban is advocating that the theory of global warming is a deliberate fraud. Sunstein also recommended the government send agents to infiltrate "extremists who supply conspiracy theories" to disrupt the efforts of the "extremists" to propagate their theories.

The subject of the story plays into what I've read on ATS many times before of government agents patrolling the boards as disinfo agents. But the mere suggestion of banning conspiracy theories is madness to me in that it directly violates the First Amendment.
Link to the article: Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

In a 2008 academic paper, President Barack Obama's appointee to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs advocated "cognitive infiltration" of groups that advocate "conspiracy theories" like the ones surrounding 9/11.

Cass Sunstein, a Harvard law professor, co-wrote an academic article entitled "Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures," in which he argued that the government should stealthily infiltrate groups that pose alternative theories on historical events via "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine
(visit the link for the full news article)
rawstory.com

But of corse someone who claims he is a paid stooge has to claims "Republicans" are the ones doing it, when we know for a fact and for severall months stories have been posted in these forums that the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION have been doing this, and now we get a poster claiming that "Republicans" are the ones doing it...

Don't tell us, the Teat Party is an evil bunch of people as well huh?....

edit on 11-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas
So does the list of conspiracy theories Sunstein wants to be banned indicate there is some truth to them? Not sure what to think about this all, but thought there would be a lot of people on these boards that would find it interesting. All I can say is that the suggestion of controlling the thoughts of people by the government should be one of the last straws. I know this isn't the first administration to be so sinister, but how long until we break the shackles and free ourselves of sinister administrations?

I'm sure he wants to eliminate especially all CTs about his boss, but probably a few more general NWO theories as well, but I bet he is more concerned with re-electing his boss. In my view, it also smacks of a certain kind of KGB/Nazi style disinfo and snitch program.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I annihilated this "Cass Sunstein" ass on another thread here and on another ICANN registered domain.

Conspiracy is not theory, it is an actual fact. Gerald Ford, for example, was not elected, and Rummy and Cheney snuck into power through the post-Watergate coup of that era.

Only useless tools like Mr. Sunstain, keep propping up this non-word called "conspiracy theory". Even he himself, is an obvious proof, that the people in power, will conspire, to keep that power.

Anyway, knocking this fool around on the Internet has been done. When he feels he's got something to say, he'll publish some other paper or study, but he will never show up in this thread or anywhere, where he will be faced with actual truthful researchers like myself and others.

Again: Conspiracy is the water, upon which the boat of modern industrial life, floats. Wake up to this, and gaon back your power which people like this have taken. When Obama tells you to be more interested in the NFL, than your government, that should be a clue as to what he and his conspirators intend to do with their power. And they never were given the power of the people, no, they ASSUME (wrongly) that no rebuttal, is consent. But in fact it is very important to rebutt all the stupid and idiotic things these people say, otherwise they will proceed as if consent has been given.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join