It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I am intolerant, are you?

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I suddenly realized how intolerant I was just now.

Actually I suppose I am a complete bigot in a way.

I get intolerant of people who believe everything the MSM says.
I get intolerant of people who believe everything the Gov't says.
I get intolerant of people who ridicule ATSer's and their questions or theories.
I get intolerant of people when they refuse to question things.
I get intolerant of people when they are brutal and kill innocents.
I get intolerant of people who accept authorities no matter what.
I get intolerant of pointless rules and the goons who enforce them.
I get intolerant of people whom are greedy.
I get intolerant of people whom are selfish.
I get intolerant of people who do not care about anything.
I get intolerant of people who lie all the time.
I get intolerant of people who try to troll me into anger.

I could go on all night actually.

From the looks of things, I am brimming with intolerance.

I never realized I must be one of the most intolerant bigoted people on Earth.

Amazing that I learn something new everyday.

Hey, at least I am being honest about my lack of tolerance!





posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ahh, wrong forum, mistake.

I am intolerant of myself when I post a thread in the wrong forum. Doh.

Please move thanks.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not, and it i was able to rid of it when i realized how much i was. soon you will not be intolerant, some peice of info or something will come along.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with Gandhi, the cure for intolerance is simple awareness. You may still get annoyed at things now and then, but you wont reach the level of "intolerant" once you realize that that is what you have been doing.

The more aware of your own intolerance you become, the more tolerant you will become. Ultimately, even of your own intolerance.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


Intolerence is not always a bad thing. In fact, Intolerence of error is a virtue.



The Church believes in liberty, but she is intolerant of license. She believes in brotherly love, but not in communism. She believes that before God all men are equal, but she respects the condition in which the race finds itself. She will stand up for all rightful possessions, but will not brook injustice, oppression and slavery. Poor and rich are alike to her, but woe to the capitalist who defrauds the laborer of his wages, to the laboring man who rises up in unjust violence against his employer.

The intolerance of the Church is not a badge of shame, but a crown of glory. So-called Christian countries today are not suffering from intolerance, but from tolerance, for they tolerate both right and wrong, truth and error, virtue and evil, Christ and chaos. The slogan that "the modern world needs a religion without dogmas," can only mean a religion without truth or one which would be backboneless, since dogmas are but unchangeable truths.

--FATHER DESMOND MURRAY, O. P.,

Catholic Quotations



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Intolerence is not always a bad thing. In fact, Intolerence of error is a virtue.


Thats a very good point.

Ok, let me revise my original statement. Awareness of my own intolerance has led to greatly lessened intolerance. But I remain intolerant of organized religion.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not really. Life is way too short. I live by two tenets. Live and let live and don't tread on me. Sounds contradictory but they've served me fine. Besides all that misplaced anger can only lead to an inevitable heart attack or stroke. Anger is an energy. Use it wisely.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Not really. Life is way too short. I live by two tenets. Live and let live and don't tread on me. Sounds contradictory but they've served me fine. Besides all that misplaced anger can only lead to an inevitable heart attack or stroke. Anger is an energy. Use it wisely.


I am not necessarily angry though.

I just have this bad habit of putting my blinders on when faced with one of the many things I mentioned above.

I will even admit, often times I will already have my mind made up, and no matter what points they make I just don't listen. Goes in one ear, and out the other.

I guess I am really stubborn as well.




posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I can dig it. Hey, the mere fact that you posted this thread means you were at least able to get it off your chest. Just never lose your sense of humor and above all the ability to laugh at yourself. That is something missing here at ATS and society itself. Good Luck.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I can dig it. Hey, the mere fact that you posted this thread means you were at least able to get it off your chest. Just never lose your sense of humor and above all the ability to laugh at yourself. That is something missing here at ATS and society itself. Good Luck.


Thank you Concerned.

I am glad that you got it, I did intend to give you guys some laughs.




posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I suddenly realized how intolerant I was just now.

Actually I suppose I am a complete bigot in a way.

I get intolerant of people who believe everything the MSM says.
I get intolerant of people who believe everything the Gov't says.
I get intolerant of people who ridicule ATSer's and their questions or theories.
I get intolerant of people when they refuse to question things.
I get intolerant of people when they are brutal and kill innocents.
I get intolerant of people who accept authorities no matter what.
I get intolerant of pointless rules and the goons who enforce them.
I get intolerant of people whom are greedy.
I get intolerant of people whom are selfish.
I get intolerant of people who do not care about anything.
I get intolerant of people who lie all the time.
I get intolerant of people who try to troll me into anger.

I could go on all night actually.

From the looks of things, I am brimming with intolerance.

I never realized I must be one of the most intolerant bigoted people on Earth.

Amazing that I learn something new everyday.

Hey, at least I am being honest about my lack of tolerance!



I know you didn't ask, but if I had to guess, I'd say you are more narcissistic (in the clinical sense) than intolerant; as the former is but a symptom of the latter. Also, I bet your list of people that you find intolerant was mighty incomplete.

Not that most of aren't, to some degree.


Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/14/2010 by skunknuts]



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

I know you didn't ask, but if I had to guess, I'd say you are more narcissistic (in the clinical sense) than intolerant; as the former is but a symptom of the latter. Also, I bet your list of people that you find intolerant was mighty incomplete.



Hey I was asking if you were intolerant too. Not what other vices "I" may have.


Another thing. What does your last sentence mean? Care to rephrase it? You lost me there.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm intolerant of ignorance and the refusal to know the truth.

There's no excuse for whining about being unhappy when you don't even know how to live.

Wake up, work all day, then willingly get brainwashed, and you complain you're sad.

Money can't buy you happiness.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by skunknuts

I know you didn't ask, but if I had to guess, I'd say you are more narcissistic (in the clinical sense) than intolerant; as the former is but a symptom of the latter. Also, I bet your list of people that you find intolerant was mighty incomplete.



Hey I was asking if you were intolerant too. Not what other vices "I" may have.


Another thing. What does your last sentence mean? Care to rephrase it? You lost me there.


Just that your list was most likely the easiest things to disclose, so that there are probably more that are less comfortable to disclose publically.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by skunknuts]



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What is the difference between:

intolerance of tolerance

AND

tolerance of intolerance



Intolerance of intolerance is in itself intolerant...

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I am rude. I cant help it because I am intolerant.

Yet I am forgiving.

On the other side of the coin, I am sweet as can be.

Maybe Im just psychotic!!
or schizophrenic. Or just too over the earth and its people.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


You're also intolerant about making interesting and worthwhile threads.

You're also pretty stupid, happy to ridicule or question authority or government, but don't want people doing that back to you or other posters who post inane theories.

hmmm make another thread about your lactose intolerance, i'm sure it'll be as insightful as this one.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I think you are not tolerating intolerance against you and this is in my eyes perfectly OK. Especially if you are aware of your own intolerance ... I would like to add abstraction of many of your points: naivety. Most people are just too lazy to think about complexity of World. Do not feel as looser because of it. You are black sheep and be proud of it!



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


You're also intolerant about making interesting and worthwhile threads.

You're also pretty stupid, happy to ridicule or question authority or government, but don't want people doing that back to you or other posters who post inane theories.

hmmm make another thread about your lactose intolerance, i'm sure it'll be as insightful as this one.


Fail is fail.

And, Troll is a troll.
Owned.



posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just thought of something.

Isn't it odd that the major trolls on ATS always seem to have brand new accounts no older than 6-9months old?

Probably because they keep getting banned and have to make new accounts to continue their trolling efforts.

Just a thought based on what we see going on here constantly.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join