It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli general Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam denies Iran is nuclear threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Israeli general Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam denies Iran is nuclear threat

www.timesonline.co.uk

A general who was once in charge of Israel’s nuclear weapons has claimed that Iran is a “very, very, very long way from building a nuclear capability”.

Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam, 75, a war hero and pillar of the defence establishment, believes it will probably take Iran seven years to make nuclear weapons.

The views expressed by the former director-general of Israel’s Atomic Energy Commission contradict the assessment of Israel’s defence establishment and put him at odds with political leaders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Kinda funny that the former general in charge of Israel's nuclear weapons is now saying that Iran is a very long way from being a nuclear threat.

That's not the type of discourse that the US and Zionists like to have in the media.

They want the the general public to be ramped up in support for at least air-strikes in Iran, if not an all out war.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Great find!! I wish more people with this knowledge would come forward with this kind of information... Here's what struck me the most in this article :

Last week its defence forces released footage that showed training to refuel F-15 jet fighters in mid-air. “This was a warning not to Iran but to the Americans that we’re serious,” said an Israeli defence source.

This kind of rhetoric scares me. It is the rhetoric of a madman. When people make comments like this, it is obviously because they are deranged at some level...

“One strike is not practical. In order to delay the Iranian programme for three to four years, one needs an armada of aircraft, which only a super-power can provide. Only America can do it.”

I guess this gives us a good indication that if something does happen, it is likely that there will be some form of assistance given to Israel by the U.S. Air Force.

This is not good... Not good at all...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Wow do you have a link to that video of the refueling?

2nd.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
For those of you that do not know. The attacks on Iran are to demonize them, making it acceptable to American citizens to invade, so we can get good, cheap oil. I know this sounds preposterous to some, but I heard them planning it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The Iranian regime manages to provide enough without anyone else having to demonise them.

You'll all be surprised along with western media when the regime attempts to remove Ahmadinejad and blame the opposition for his death. His green scarf today trying to hijack the green revolution as the regime's own people is just ridiculous and defines how stupid they really are!

[edit on 14-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

The war drums are beating , next on the World War Tour ...Iran

Israel is in the back ground laughing at the American Flag Draped caskets.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Blah blah blah is that all anyone says here - war is nigh!

Does anyone ever know anything more than the nuclear issue!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I realize you are deep in your conviction for Israel.

Why you are, I can't fathom.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Recognising the despotic dictatorship in Iran has little to do with Israel.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think john123 and sean48 are the same person,

Just because one person of high regard says Iran is not a nuclear threat for a long time does not make it so. This gentleman at 75 must be mostly retired and out of the loop, what does he know of what the real progress reports show of where Iran is?

That being said it would be a grave tactical mistake for Israel to attack Iran, all it would do is strengthen the severely weakened mullahs and enrage the Muslim worlds even further at Israel.

Really what Israel should do is give Iran one nuke and tell them that their 300 nukes are aimed at them should that one nuke be used or go unaccounted for.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I will look for one, but I took that quote out of the article you posted..

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

I think john123 and sean48 are the same person,

Who's John123?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Wow do you have a link to that video of the refueling?

2nd.

TIME Article

I can't find a video of the Israeli fleet refueling but I found this article about them...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

You heard them planning it? I often wonder if some of you guys are playing with full decks. I say good for Israel I hope they accomplish their goals and set Iran back a few hundred years. And I also hope when the do strike the Iranians rise up and take their country back.

I love all the israel is so wrong and only looking for a fight how long would you take one of your neighbors threatening to kill your family and paying other neighbors to attack you before you would strike back?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Maybe a bunch of countries from around the world should get together, and blow the U.S. to bit so that we can "set it back a few hundred years" for invading countries and threatening to annihilate more...

It's a question of perspective; where you are looking from...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Being from Canada have you ever read your own countries history? I love you stupid kids who make large accusations and then in the process make your self look stupid. I will give you a hint how many of the wars the US has waged in the past 100 years did the Canadians fight right along side?

I wish you guys up in the cold north would get back to being men again it seems when they took your guns they did not leave with just that. Dont worry I am sure we will free you when the time is right.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Mind your tongue and who you call stupid.

First of all, our wars were fought with England. Only in the last 40 years have had agreements with the US to fight with them.

Second of all, our guns are restricted, but anyone who is over 18 can get as many guns as they wish as long as they take a 2 day safety course and have no criminal record. So they did not "take our guns away".

Third of all, we don't want you to "free us". We're not going to be "freed" like Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, Israel, and so on... We are MUCH more free than you are down there. Our government takes care of us when we are sick, we get educated for free (or almost), we have very low crime, we aren't racist nor do we look at our neighbors with suspicion and call the authorities because someone looks "suspicious" and possibly "dangerous for our national security"... WE ARE FREE... Free from fear, free from control, free from paranoid idiots who try to distort the truth...

And lastly, it's people like you who make the world believe that Americans are stupid, tyrants, and absolutely delusional. Fortunately, I don't share this view because I can make the difference between an American and an American-idiot.

Leave your bunker sometime and pretend not to be American. Ask people in Europe, Asia, heck anywhere, what they think of Americans... You won't like the answer...

Magnum

top topics

join