It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lamb born with human face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Today on the Maury Show...Zatara, you are NOT the father!
sorry, I felt it had to be done.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Thanks and scratch that veal for dinner tonite honey!

Veal is the meat of young cattle (calf).

This just verifies my disappointment with posters.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I do not think this is a hoax. This appears to be a severe genetic mutation of some sort. The mother was most likely exposed to some toxin. Radiation, pesticides, even viruses can cause mutations like this. This is actually no different than mutations we see in humans. As a nurse I have seen some human infants that were not even recognizable as humans. The article which appeared in a reputable publication references the lamb as being stillborn. Frequently malformed infants of all species are stillborn. Looks like this one is weird but true.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

I know exactly how it happend www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I cant believe most of the responses on here are favored towards this being real.

The very fact that this thing is smiling should be a dead give away of a hoax. they say babies cant smile as an infant, yet this thing is supposadly alive for a few hours and was brutally killed by the villagers yet this is still smiling? not only is a smile not supposed to be there as a baby but what kind of human face would smile as its being killed???

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
I cant believe most of the responses on here are favored towards this being real.
The very fact that this thing is smiling should be a dead give away of a hoax.

Not at all. A mutation can take any configuration you can imagine. The dead lamb is not "smiling"... That's your brain trying to make associations and identifying it as a "smile"

It's actually just a severely deformed lamb, but your brain is trying to find a pattern of recognition, and the first association your brain makes is with a "human face"

Also, this lamb wasn't "killed by villagers"... It died naturally shortly after its birth, in the care of a veterinarian. The story mentioned another deformed animal from years ago, one that was killed by superstitious villagers, but that's not the same animal.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Doc Velocity is correct. The human brain is perceiving the lamb's face as that of a smiling human.Depleted uranium can cause such horrific mutations. Many babies born in Iraq today have some type of anomaly. Many of these babies appear to resemble animals. Many are stillborn. This animal could have been exposed to depleted uranium. Again I must say this appears to be authentic. We all need to wake up and realize that environmental toxins are at work here.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I can't agree more with Doc Velocity. It's not a far stretch of the imagination to believe that mutations and birth defects such as this can and will happen in nature.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelofmercy
Many babies born in Iraq today have some type of anomaly. Many of these babies appear to resemble animals. Many are stillborn.

Depleted uranium could certainly produce a range of mutations, immunological disorders and cancers in Iraq; however, I think it's important to remember that Iraq was at war with Iran for eight years (1980 to 1988), and — despite the ignorant claims that Iraq did not stockpile WMD — it is known for a fact that Iraq stockpiled and used chemical WMD against both troops and civilians over those eight years.

Iraq's president Saddam Hussein never made a secret of his possession and use of WMD; in fact, he boasted of his chemical weapons and often threatened to use them against Iran, the Kurds, and later Coalition forces. Saddam Hussein was a despicable, murdering beast, and he undoubtedly used chemical WMD against innocent populations on several occasions.

While it is known that Iraq employed mustard gas against Iran, it is suspected that many other types of nerve agents were used, as well.

Young Iraqi and Iranian children were undoubtedly exposed to this cocktail of WMD during the Iran/Iraq War — the children that survived would be young adults right about now, having families of their own. Hence, the recent explosion of birth defects in Iraq (and elsewhere in the region).

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/14/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli

Really?

Scientists have begun blurring the line between human and animal by producing chimeras—a hybrid creature that's part human, part animal.

Chinese scientists at the Shanghai Second Medical University in 2003 successfully fused human cells with rabbit eggs. The embryos were reportedly the first human-animal chimeras successfully created. They were allowed to develop for several days in a laboratory dish before the scientists destroyed the embryos to harvest their stem cells.

In Minnesota last year researchers at the Mayo Clinic created pigs with human blood flowing through their bodies.

And at Stanford University in California an experiment might be done later this year to create mice with human brains.

Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans.

Yeah, it's going on

Anyone who thinks this stuff isn't possible had better prove it to me....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It happened in Turkey, where men are men and the lambs run

scared~!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
"Once a jolly[strange] swagman[shearer]

camped by a billabong"

"You'll come a waltzing[back legs in one gumboot]

Matilda[sheep] with me"....................................!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Agreed.
Case in point, the ARMY used cow plasma for emergency transfusions on the battlefield...some of these experiments are just taking it one step further.
There is plenty of data suggesting that geneticists are attempting to grow bodiless organs, or brand new types of animals who's organs are compatible with humans and are to be used as 'spare parts'. Not to mention the possibility of having yourself cloned, frozen and dissected to replace your own failing organs and other tissues. It's scary, but at the same time...fascinating.
Of course, there are those who would argue that it's cruel and inhuman to commit such crimes against nature, and they could quite possibly be right, but that's from a moral standpoint. From a scientific standpoint, we'll never know if it's possible, or what the results will be until it's tried and replicated. Only then, when there is hard data available, would we be able to make it socially acceptable?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I Actually saw this for the first time today and was horrorfied..

I think I'm a level headed individual normally able to route truth from fiction when I see it...

Something in me thinks this is real.

Here it is again from a repitable source this time. Though I can't find the cited orriginal course at CNN Turk.

Sheep gives birth to human-faced lamb

Erhan Elibol, a vet, performed a caesarean on the animal to take the lamb out, but was horrified to see that the features of the lamb's snout bore a striking resemblance to a human face. “I’ve seen mutations with cows and sheep before.

I’ve seen a one-eyed calf, a two-headed calf, a five-legged calf. But when I saw this youngster I could not believe my eyes. His mother could not deliver him so I had to help the animal,” the 29-year-old veterinary said. The lamb’s head had human features on – the eyes, the nose and the mouth – only the ears were those of a sheep.

Vets said that the rare mutation most likely occurred as a result of improper mutation since the fodder for the lamb’s mother was abundant with vitamin A, CNNTurk.com reports.

Mint Sauce anyone??

Peace Out,

Korg,

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Yeah, I'm fairly convinced it's legit. People just don't realize that there are things going on that shouldn't be, and when they see the results of it, they don't believe it.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It kinda adds credibility to some of the mythological creatures like the human headed horse, what did they call them Guess-centurions

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Well, supposedly that is where such "myths" came from, genetic manipulation done by some civilization.

Now, scholars will say "impossible." However, there are certain studies that suggest that some of the ancients may have had the capability of manipulating genes.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I am sure there is so much about our history that will never be known. but this thing brings up allot of questions .

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Something to consider also. I have always thought that ancient man like neanderthal and the like, why has not anyone posited that they are remains of normal humans with deformities?

Or have I missed any theories on that, somewhere buried in all the science?

They were a distinct species, separate from homo sapiens sapiens, but actually within the norm of of appearance.

And the theory has been posited, but not by very credible sources. They displayed a established culture, and appeared earlier than current man.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

Wow,I guess that happened in Australia where Men are Men and Sheep are nervous!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join