It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this why TPTB fears religion and supports atheism?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why do they hate religion? it is very simple you have an establishment teaching a moral set and holds to some degree power over the people it teaches this is unacceptable to someone who wants complete power you need to brainwash using propaganda and it almost is like a religion when you brake it down so this is why they always get rid of them

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Revelation 12:17 "Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring-those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus."

Revelation 13:7 "He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them."

Revelatuin 12:11 "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony,and did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."

When you realize TBTB get their power from Satan,you understand clearly why people who hold to the testimony of Jesus are his enemies!

The "Powers That Be" aren't against all religion-in fact,they've tried lumping them all together so that no one can tell them apart! If anyone claims that "Jesus is the only way!" they are labeled a "hater","closed-minded",and ridiculed and oppressed.(Jesus said it would be like this!)

For one,we who see behind the masks of TBTB have the ability to warn others,perhaps(,hopefully!), causing some to seek the Lord.

This angers Satan greatly,for he would rather that as many as possible perish with him than to be saved.

From what I understand,many (gov't owned) churches do not teach about the End-Times in relation to what signs to watch for,etc...instead teach a phony "pre-tribulation rapture",for what reasons I can only speculate.

Satan just despises God and those who know Jesus has already secured the victory of believers over death and the fate that awaits those who deny God.Whether we live or die,Satan can't touch our souls,and that makes him furious!

Whether our faith in God can determine whether we live or die in the trials ahead,I think that depends soley on God's mercy and what His plans are for us each personally. We should not be afraid either way,just draw near to God and He will never forsake us.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Boy, oh boy! This reminds me of poking a hornet's nest with a stick!

What strikes me is how is it that on a forum in which believers of UFOs, cryptozoology, a dark shadowy conspiracy to rule the world, out of body experiences, ghosts, bigfoot and even poison toilet paper
the idea of religion and God are so readily attacked as being bunk?

More often than not the modern mind finds abhorrent the occurrence - or even the possibility - of miracles. Miracles would disrupt our simplistic (and impersonalistic) views of the predictability and uniformity of the world around us. Miracles would indicate that there is a realm of inscrutable mystery for the (pretended) autonomy of man's mind. Miracles would testify to a transcendent and self-conscious Power in the universe which unbelievers find unnerving. So rather than examine whether miracles have in fact occurred or take seriously their reports and significance, it is better, thinks the unbeliever, to dismiss their possibility in advance.

The Problem Of Miracles
by Dr. Greg Bahnsen

Whatever happened to having an open mind and denying ignorence?

Swimming in a sea of negative threads about how TPTB are stealing away our rights at every turn, I try to shine a ray of hope that all may not yet be lost.

I try to approach most threads with an open mind, willing to weigh the evidence and compromise if given convincing facts. I have not always been successful in keeping an open mind but, I do try to avoid vicious attacks on other's beliefs.

Is there no one out there willing to entertain the possibility that God could still take an interest in human affairs? Is the idea of God working with the faithful to overcome an overwhelming foe so abhorrent to your beliefs?

I understand the idiology of self-reliance. Sometimes you are just not enough. We all need assistance from time to time. If the belief in a higher power enables some to dig deep to find the strength to perservere, is that so offensive?

Why is it that ATS is so quick to embrace pessimism and just as quick to thrust aside anyone who dares to hope for something better?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is the kind of deceit Satan uses to entice people away from God.This is way more popular today than the gospel of days gone by.

From www.watchmanbiblestudy.com...

Will YOU Pledge to LUCIFER?... United Nations Seeks This !

Are YOU willing to take a pledge to Lucifer?

“Christ is the same force as Lucifer but moving in seemingly the opposite direction. Lucifer moves in to create the light within through the pressure of experience. Christ moves to release that light, that wisdom, that love into creation... Lucifer, like Christ, stands at the door of man’s consciousness and knocks. If man says, ‘Go away because I do not like what you represent. I am afraid of you,’ Lucifer will play tricks on that fellow. If man says, ‘Come in, and I will give to you the treat of my love and understanding and I will uplift you in the light and presences of the Christ, my outflow,’ then Lucifer becomes something else again. He becomes the being who carries that great treat, the ultimate treat, the light of wisdom. [Lucifer] is the light giver. … He stands no longer as the tester or the tempter but as the great initiator, the one who hands the soul over to the Christ and from the Christ on into even greater realms. … Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age, which is the age of man’s wholeness, each of us in some way is brought to that point which I term the Luciferic initiation, the particular doorway through which the individual must pass if he is to come fully into the presence of his light and his wholeness. … At some point each of us faces the presence of Lucifer. We either fear it when we come to grips with what we term ancient evil or the spirit of darkness, or we move throughit and realize that we are each of us light and dark. … When we do accept it, we can emerge into the radiance of our inner light, the light that can never be extinguished. … Lucifer comes to give to us the final gift of wholeness. If we accept it then he is free and we are free. That is the Luciferic initiation. It is one that many people now, and in the days ahead, will be facing, for it is an initiation in the New Age. … In the New Age consciousness there is not good and evil.” | David Spangler, Lorian Association, Reflections on the Christ, Findhorn Publications p. 40, 44-45, Interconnections

David Spangler has thrown this in our faces, yet this statement IS still ignored by the people, the media, and our Congress! Spangler is the Director of the Planetary Initiative. Have you ever heard of this? Well, let me touch on this and then you can research this yourself....John Randolph Price. Mr. Price is the Founder of The Planetary Commission.

Price was told his "spirit guides" of a coming Utopia ushered in by "Illumined superbeings," who have guided man's progress toward an "Aquarian Age of Spirituality on Planet Earth."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well,I gave you a star and flag for picking up that stick and riling up the hornets!

I don't share your enthusiasm for the Catholic religion,but I do support the subject of this thread and your faith in God to take an interest in the affairs of men,as you put it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Being Catholic, I stick with the sources I know and trust. I do not rule out God working on behalf of others outside the Church, so long as their cause is just and their faith is true.

The point I am making in this thread is that TPTB may be seeking to destroy religion because it may be their one greatest fear.

Edit to add: I will always believe in the Catholic Church as the source of truth. That doesn't mean I listen to the current inhabitants of the Vatican. Check the thread in my signature to see why.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The ONLY DECEIT that is going around in regards to Satan is coming from the religious cult leaders and their mindless, unwilling to think for themselves followers who make a frightening bogeyman character out of a word that was written to mean simply ADVERSARY. Yes, its authors meant ADVERSARY not this creature that the religious leaders use to profit and take the spotlight off of themselves when they act like devils.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They may indeed destroy "religion",as I said,by mixing them all together into their "One-World Religion".

They cannot destroy true faith! That's what matters.

Institutions and organizations will fall,as will all the systems man has put in place.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

You make a good point about religious leaders who fall into sin. That's why we should not put our faith in men,because "all have sinned"!

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8)

This grave warning concerning the devil was given not only to young Christians, easily subject to temptations, but also to "the elders which are among you" (v. 1). It often seems, in fact, that Satan's greatest victories are won when he can cause the fall of a Christian leader, thereby not only destroying that leader's influence for Christ, but also giving "great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme" (2 Samuel 12:14). The devil is a roaring lion, but he doesn't come as such. If he did, the intended victim would flee.

He is, above all, the one "which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9), "transformed into an angel of light" (2 Corinthians 11:14). As he did with Mother Eve, the "subtle" one will insidiously appeal to our pride, or our aesthetic sense, or our appetite, or our desire for material things.

Peter could speak from bitter experience. Satan had desired to "sift you as wheat," Jesus had told him, but he foolishly boasted that he would stand true (Luke 22:31-34).

No wonder Peter could warn with such urgency: "Be sober, be vigilant." Note particularly that, in the context, he is especially warning against greed (1 Peter 5:2) and pride (vv. 5-6). We must not allow Satan to "get an advantage of us," Paul says, "for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Corinthians 2:11). Though Satan is deceptive and powerful, we need never fall to his tempting if we simply--along with staying sober and vigilant--"Submit |ourselves| therefore to God."

"Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Being Catholic, I stick with the sources I know and trust.

Does it bother you a little that the Catholic church is described in Revelation as "the harlot",who is "drunk with the blood of the saints"!?

I'm not questioning your faith personally,just wondering why you would still be in the Catholic church if you knew that.

Forgive me,but now I'm the one guilty of stirring a hornet's nest with this stick!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

It's the actions of people who use religion that has caused these problems, and that also includes people who are part of TPTB.

Educated people are generally athiests because they are critical thinkers. If only these people ran the world things would be much better!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by john124]

Does this apply to Bolshevik, Marxist, Communist athiests also?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Those who who believe they can sit back and do nothing relying solely upon the power of God will be lost.

The point I am trying to get across is that when we put our trust in God, asking for His protection, then fight with every ounce of might in our body for victory, we cannot help but be victorious.

Sounds like your encouraging fanatical activism there... and which god do you mean (there are quite a lot to choose from)?

I've always thought it was the other way round and 'TPTB' admired organised religion because of its ability to control the masses - the last thing they want is for people to start thinking for themselves.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false,and by the rulers as useful".

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I do believe the Vatican may have become the whore of Babylon about the time of Vatican II. At that time the Church "opened herself to the world" as they say and has been backtracking on everything the Church used to teach since then.

The Pope cannot make any pronouncements contrary to faith and morals, that would give away the infidelity to the faithful. Instead, he simply doesn't enforce Church doctrine, allowing the liberal arm of the Church free reigh to mislead the flock.

I adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church while being very suspicious of the fidelity of those in charge of the flock.

See The Siri Thesis for an explanation of how this could have happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The point I am trying to get across is that when we put our trust in God, asking for His protection, then fight with every ounce of might in our body for victory, we cannot help but be victorious.

That is just plain not true. During the crusades Muslims, and Christians were at war. Both sides put all their faith in God, and fought with all their might. By your logic both sides were assured victory.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks for answering my question!

Glad to see your eyes are open!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq

That is just plain not true. During the crusades Muslims, and Christians were at war. Both sides put all their faith in God, and fought with all their might. By your logic both sides were assured victory.

Fair critique.

God only helps those whoes cause is good and who believe in the faith.

It could be argued that the crusaders initial motive was the defence of christiandom against muslem agression and at the beginning of the crusades they had His favor.

Later, they became consumed by greed, seeking to plunder the lands of the muslems. At that time, God removed his blessings and none of the crusades after the 1st had much success. Most were a disaster.

One has to have just intentions to recieve the blessing of God. Those who fight for vanity or profit do not fight for God.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Those who who believe they can sit back and do nothing relying solely upon the power of God will be lost.

Sounds like your encouraging fanatical activism there... and which god do you mean (there are quite a lot to choose from)?

I'm not endorsing fanaticism here, I guess what I am trying to get across is that God helps those who help themselves. Those who expect God to shoulder the entire burden without any effort on their part will be disappointed.

Being Catholic, I mean the God of the Bible.

I've always thought it was the other way round and 'TPTB' admired organised religion because of its ability to control the masses - the last thing they want is for people to start thinking for themselves.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false,and by the rulers as useful".

TPTB seek to subvert religion and turn it to their own ends.

It was all outlined in The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita.

The strategy advanced in the Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita is astonishing in its audacity and cunning. From the start, the document tells of a process that will take decades to accomplish. Those who drew up the document knew that they would not see its fulfillment. They were inaugurating a work that would be carried on by succeeding generations of the initiated. The Permanent Instruction says, "In our ranks the soldier dies and the struggle goes on."

The Instruction called for the dissemination of liberal ideas and axioms throughout society and within the institutions of the Catholic Church so that laity, seminarians, clerics and prelates would, over the years, gradually be imbued with progressive principles.

In time, this mind-set would be so pervasive that priests would be ordained, bishops would be consecrated, and cardinals would be nominated whose thinking was in step with the modern thought rooted in the "Principles of 1789" (pluralism, equality of religions, separation of Church and State, etc.)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Bingo, just what I was going to get at. I think that the situation here is that religious people see the ever increasing numbers among the athiest/agnostic community, and so they (especially those on site like this) rationalize that it must be TPTB bringing it about. My view is that TPTB have done all that they can to stop it.

Throughout history mankind has been ruled by the iron fist of religion, and none have been more corrupt, and ruthless than the Abrahamic faiths. In the last few centuries people have slowly started to become aware and began the migration away from this ball & chain on humanity. The more information that becomes available the more pronounced this migration is becoming.

I don't believe TPTB hate religion at all, in fact I believe that the fall of religious tyranny in the western world is the biggest blow that has ever been dealt to them.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How utterly deluded are you? What powers that be support atheism?

You can't even get to be in power, anywhere, without pledging yourself to the invisible sky wizard.

The Christian persecution complex at work in overdrive here.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I saw on the thread you linked to that there was a quote from Malachi Martin. I was wondering if you'd also read "Windswept House",which describes the "Enthronement of the Fallen Archangel Lucifer" that took place June 29,1963.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join