It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this why TPTB fears religion and supports atheism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
TPTB have for decades worked to undermine religious belief in the masses. They have promoted secular atheism and environmentalism in its place trying to supplant people’s religious beliefs with the worship of the state or nature. They have caused many to look down on religiosity as backwards, superstitious and a primitive throwback to a time they portray as filled with violent conflict caused by the “evil” that is religion.

Are the masses of people that are turning away from religion a sign that society has matured from its infantile need for a higher power to explain what science was not there in the past to explain or is there a more sinister plan in the works here?

Could it be that TPTB see religion as the only institution that could stand in the way of their inexorable march towards a one world totalitarian government? Are they afraid of divine intervention in the affairs of men?

A recent thread asked If the New World Order does succeed, how would we fight back against it?

The 1st two responses were:

Originally posted by LiveForever8

We wouldn't.

And

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Yeah there is nothing you can do. You would be a terrorist to the world if you fight back. You would be hunted down and killed. If you don’t like the NWO, go to africa

This is exactly the type of thinking TPTB want us to have in the face of their overwhelming might. They want us to believe there is no higher power and that the best we can do is to submit to their might and be content that we have our lives.

In the face of overwhelming odds, there IS an answer. It has worked before to free a people hopelessly conquered and, unless the faith is lost, it can be the key to defeating TPTB and the New World Order.

Covadonga

In 711 the Muslim Arabs invaded the Iberian Peninsula. The Visigothic King Rodrigo died facing them in the Andalusian field of Guadalete in southern Spain. Taking a position of resistance against the rapid conquest and domination of the infidel, Don Pelayo led a group of valorous knights who had withdrawn to the northern mountains of the Asturias to recoup and fight.
The Arabs considered Spain a conquered country and were preparing to enter the Gaul of the Goths when they heard about the revolt of the Austurians. In the year 722, the Moors sent a well trained army under the command of General Alkamar with orders to destroy Don Pelayo and his men.

Don Pelayo prepared the resistance to meet the large Muslim army at Alzeba Mountain, where the cliffs offered an advantage to the greatly outnumbered Catholics. He placed his men strategically along the cliffs, and while they waited for the enemy to advance, he went to the nearby Cave of Covadonga, where he had placed a statue of Our Lady and asked for her special protection in the coming battle.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9caa8856625.jpg[/atsimg]

The Moors began the attack, sending arrows at the Catholic soldiers behind the stone cliffs. But already, at this first attack, something extraordinary happened: the arrows returned against the Moorish archers who had drawn the bows, killing them. A group of Catholics advanced to fight, while others shot arrows and threw stones and trunks from the Alzeba Mountain down over the enemy troops.

After a short while, Suleiman, the second in command, fell dead, disorder erupted in the army, and Alkamar gave the order to retreat.

At that moment a terrible storm broke out. Thunder roared, lightning lit the dark slopes, and heavy rain caused mudslides that sent boulders and trees tumbling down the mountain and falling over the retreating Arab troops. Struggling in the mud, many Moorish soldiers slipped and fell into the Deva River, where they drowned. The Holy Virgin made the mountain itself fall over the soldiers of Muhammad.
The battle of Covadonga was won, and Pelayo was proclaimed King of the Austurias.

Even Arabian historians refer to this battle with astonishment, without hiding the enormous numbers of Muslims who died during it.

From this humble beginning, the Reconquista of Spain Began. A small army, though vastly outnumbered, was able to defeat an immensely superior foe. Through Devine Intercession.

This part I cannot emphasize enough:

What is the lesson we can take from these facts?

You know the disproportion between the size of the armies and the means in our battles against the Revolution. Here the selection also describes a great disproportion between the Spanish soldiers and the Muslim troops. From a natural perspective, the Catholics were completely lost. However, they did not give up. They did every possible thing they could to win, even though the victory seemed impossible. I insist on this formula: to do every possible thing to win an impossible victory.

She demanded everything from her soldiers to gain an impossible battle. As they fought with all their energy, she came and multiplied their action in a miraculous way and won the battle. The victory was hers.

At the moment when some Catholics believed in the impossible under the protection of Our Lady, the game changed, and the Reconquista began. The Moors were defeated at Covandonga, but also they were potentially defeated in all Spain because of that mentality triggered at Covadonga. Many centuries would pass before the Moors were completely expelled in the 16th century. But the mentality which inspired the Reconquista was the same one that won in Covadonga: To believe in the impossible under the protection of the Virgin.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Divine Intercession continued to play a major role in aiding those fighting against impossible odds.

Rosary crusade

The Rosary has proven itself as a weapon of protection. Some of the battles in which victory was attributed to the Rosary are: The battle of Lepanto in 1571, which the Church commemorates on October 7th as the feast of the Holy Rosary; the battle of Vienna in 1683 and the battle of Belgrade in 1716. These battles were won against all odds by the power of the Rosary. In each instance Europe was saved from the forces of Mohammed.

Divine Intercession did not end in the middle ages, it has continued into modern times.

In the 20th century we have witnessed many examples of Rosary victories. After WWII, the Allies partitioned Austria into four zones. The Russians were in control of the most important section; Moscow, interested in maintaining its control in Austria, garrisoned a very large number of troops there. It was then that a Franciscan priest, Fr. Petrus Pavlicek began a Rosary Crusade to save Austria. The Communists tried many times to take complete control but were not successful. In the meantime Fr. Petrus continued recruiting more members for the crusade. By April 1955 the crusade had 500,000 members. The Chancellor of Austria was summoned to Moscow, and was received on May 13th. He wrote: "Today, a day of Fatima, the Russians are still hardened. Pray to the Mother of God that she aid the Austrian people." It seemed all was lost, but it was at this moment that God intervened. In May 1955, there was a miracle, the Russians suddenly granted independence to Austria. During the thanksgiving ceremony in Vienna all the speeches attributed the victory to the Virgin of the Rosary.

In 1964 Brazil came under Communist control and it was quite probable that all of South America would fall. Fr. Patrick Peyton had been organizing the Family Rosary Crusade in Brazil and during that time more than 5.5 million people attended. Once again the Rosary was victorious. The civil and military chiefs of the liberators were almost unanimous in attributing the victory to Our Lady of the Rosary.

On April 25, 1974 the Communists came to power in Portugal. Four teachers launched a National Rosary Crusade and obtained pledges of a million Rosaries. In November of 1975, without bloodshed, the Communists relinquished their power. Those four teachers founded a new religious order known as Alianca de Santa Maria (the Alliance of Holy Mary), which continues to promote the Rosary, in Portugal and abroad.

Rosary crusade

Even the mighty atom bomb is powerless in the face of the almighty.

Father Hubert Schiffer and seven other Jesuit priests survived the Hiroshima attack unharmed and with no radiation sickness:

Rosary Miracle - Safe in the Midst of Hiroshima Nuclear Blast !!

There was a home eight blocks (about 1 kilometer) from where the A-Bomb went off in Hiroshima Japan. This home had a church attached to it which was completely destroyed, but the home survived, and so did the eight German Jesuit missionaries who prayed the rosary in that house faithfully every day. These men were missionaries to the Japanese people, they were non-military, but because Germany and Japan were allies during WWII they were permitted to live and minister within Japan during the war. Not only did they all survive with (at most) relatively minor injuries, but they all lived well past that awful day with no radiation sickness, no loss of hearing, or any other visible long term defects or maladies.

If faith in God can bring about all of these victories against overwhelming odds, how can TPTB and the New World Order hope to stand against it? The answer is they can’t and they know it.

This is the reason TPTB work tirelessly to destroy the faith of the masses through infiltration of the Church, watering down of her teachings and, their most effective tactic to date, the child abuse scandals brought on by pedophiles infiltrators.

They want us to look down upon the Church as something to despise so that we might be disarmed when the final push for world government comes about.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I disagree.

Early on this may have been the case but they have infiltrated all major religions and I think have people high up enough in power that they get the masses to listen.

The miracles you point out are more likely stories that have been twisted that way because that's how they explain having great luck and strategy and overcoming large odds.

You can have the most talented farmer in the world that grows and amazing crop because of his luck with the weather and also his amazing planning. If he thanks god for the harvest does it now just mean he did nothing and it was all a miracle or by the hand of god?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What is the acronym TPTB mean?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
What is the acronym TPTB mean?

TPTB stands for "The Powers That Be."

It's ATS shorthand to describe all of the evil forces driving society today.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I disagree.

Early on this may have been the case but they have infiltrated all major religions and I think have people high up enough in power that they get the masses to listen.

The miracles you point out are more likely stories that have been twisted that way because that's how they explain having great luck and strategy and overcoming large odds.

That could be true. They could be just stories told to inspire the masses.

Doesn't it strike you as strange how, time and again, people of faith when they abandon all else and put their hope in God are able to surmount such impossible odds?

How do you explain the Jesuits at Hiroshima, just dumb luck out of a whole city that was decimated? There's something more to the story here.

And, yes, it is more than just the Catholic Church which has been infiltrated. TPTB have taken over all of the major organized religions and are using them to make us quarrel and fight against each other while they consolitdate their control over us.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh thanks lol.

I don't know it would be hard for them to control all religions and denominations.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
With all respect. I think you have it backwards, it is quite the opposite.

While TPTB (the powers that be) recognize incoherently perhaps that we are all one. If the truth was held in reguard for what it really was though, there would be no religion, but it is not.

TPTB use religion for political power, that is what is behind religious crusades.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Seeing as you have quoted me in your OP I feel I should reply with my opinions.

When I stated 'We wouldn't' I was merely highlighting that if the NWO did succeed, succeed being the primary word, then I believe there would be no fighting back. Considering some of the proposed plans of the NWO that we see regularly on ATS I don't see how anyone could see it any differently.

As for your OP, I can see how belief in God/gods could benefit certain situations and make people do things that seemed impossible. But I would rather not live a lie. Why should it take a belief in God to make me do the right thing and stand up for myself? It shouldn't.

If the SHTF I would have many, many reasons much closer to home to stand up and be counted. Family and friends etc...

I think a belief in God is what will eventually become our downfall. The belief that God will step in at the last minute and 'save' us all or that whatever happens is 'Gods will' are so dangerous its silly.

"Science is the record of dead religions" - Oscar Wilde

The world isn't the way it is because people don't believe in God, it's the way it is because people don't believe in anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I would say to look at all the people who have had the same level of faith but were slaughtered or tortured. Look at all the people who had faith and died of disease while praying for god to fix it. I would imagine that for every miracle there is 2 stories of tragedy.

Everyone coin has 2 sides.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's the actions of people who use religion that has caused these problems, and that also includes people who are part of TPTB.

Educated people are generally athiests because they are critical thinkers. If only these people ran the world things would be much better!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well religion use to be controlled by the old powers. In the 21st century, I think it still is. I think the growing disease that is the New Age movement is the one world religion that the current powers are trying to establish. It may not have started out this way, but I think they are using it nonetheless to implement mind-control from various techniques. I don't think atheism has anything to do with it. Atheism seems a healthy way to grow for those who are grounded in rationality.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I think a belief in God is what will eventually become our downfall. The belief that God will step in at the last minute and 'save' us all or that whatever happens is 'Gods will' are so dangerous its silly.

Those who who believe they can sit back and do nothing relying solely upon the power of God will be lost.

The point I am trying to get across is that when we put our trust in God, asking for His protection, then fight with every ounce of might in our body for victory, we cannot help but be victorious.

They were on a mountain in a grotto that was a base of military operations for them. In preparation for the battle, some were positioned along the cliffs that offered them a good defense; others were at the top of the mountain. Then, when the Moors advanced, they entered into battle against the aggressor with ferocity. They acted as true heroes in order to achieve what was humanly impossible. They had already done the most important thing: they brought a statue of Our Lady with them and placed themselves under her protection, asking her to give them the victory that they could not attain themselves.

I insist on this formula: to do every possible thing to win an impossible victory.

Covadonga

All is not lost if we put our faith in God.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

History shows otherwise. People of different religions have clashed throughout the ages. Both believe equally. Only one victor. Having faith in ones highest ideals is equivalent to having faith in God, IMO. Either way, you're going to work integrally towards coming out on top.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well we are never going to agree because I have absolutely no belief in God whatsoever.

So instead I will place my trust in actual tangible things I can see and touch and that will actually have a say in what happens - such as friends and family.

I just hope for your sake you are right......

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The Religious cults will be of no trouble to those other than themselves, so feared it is not. Your time is occupied by trying to understand false myths and fiction. Spending your entire existence trying only to make sense out of nonsense and then trying to convince others of your "wise, divinely revealed" beliefs. You are too occupied in this delusion to be of any chaos to none other but your fellow brothers whom share different opinions of one big fabricated myth taken literally.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 13-1-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I disagree.

That could be true. They could be just stories told to inspire the masses.

Doesn't it strike you as strange how, time and again, people of faith when they abandon all else and put their hope in God are able to surmount such impossible odds?

How do you explain the Jesuits at Hiroshima, just dumb luck out of a whole city that was decimated? There's something more to the story here.

And, yes, it is more than just the Catholic Church which has been infiltrated. TPTB have taken over all of the major organized religions and are using them to make us quarrel and fight against each other while they consolitdate their control over us.

The story you posted had NOTHING to do with God. Instead of praying to the Father, they WORSHIPPED AN IDOL.

The Catholic Church has -never- been infiltrated... it started out from evil and corrupts in that way. Always has - always will.

If you think that the amazing Idol Woman helped them win their battle, then who helped the Spartans against the Persians? Interesting... I don't remember reading anything that said that they prayed to my God for help.

There is nothing miraculous about thunderstorms and mudslides. Don't fight up a hill in the rain. It sounds like the muslims weren't smart that day.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Would these be the same "the powers that be" that have used religion as their pinchpin of societal control since the first farming villages erupted on riverbanks, the smae powers that be that keep thrusting hte circumcised penis of their god into every single thing, and the same powers that be that keep quashing anything related to potecting the environment, instead favoring ecological decay for profit?

...Probably not, since that would put them squarely on your side, and you don' want that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Complete NONSENSE.

The world's leaders and business leaders are almost ALL predominately self-described as religious.

No one is trying to stop religion except in a few places on the globe.

This is a bunch on silly nonsense.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No, they do not hate religion. You keep forgetting that the Vatican is a filthy rich religious organization. In fact, it is probably the wealthiest entity on this planet. It can crash stock markets just like that (search for Reinhardt on this board.) There are a lot of money in religion.

They simply want theists and atheists alike to keep butting heads to make them busy and distracted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join