It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Counterpart to the Illuminati?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think if their truly is an organized over arching ruling elite or enlightened persons group then their control would be directly contested quite easily by the people they seek to rule. I think perhaps the reason we do not see a counterpoint to the illuminati is because it doesn't know its the counterpoint. there are billions of us and only a small percentage of those billions would be in the enlightened ranks. The counterpoint then I would argue is everyone else. There is no organized way to fight it because they (theoretically) control all. They would use the media to distract us and demonize an organized counter point like we see in the world today. Perhaps the irony is they are quite aware who the counterpoint is and thus manage the wars and scandals as a two fold program. On one hand it makes them money and on the other is keeps us divided and our focus elsewhere.

Tyrants everywhere make their own enemies so to find the counterpoint I would imagine we should look to those they try hardest to subdue.

Interesting discussion OP

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Mythtified

what if the Illuminati are the good guys? You have no idea who the are. You have no idea where they are. You have no idea what they do. Yet you call them evil. You don't even know if they survived the disbanding in the late 1700s. Perhaps they are the Templars and the Templars survived and are hiding their affiliation and fighting the good fight. Maybe there is a secret agenda within masonry and we are both Templars and Illuminati and we fight a secret war with the evil power mongers. Or maybe the bad things that happen in this world are just caused by stupid people who happen to have enough power to make decisions and there is no secret group causing your hardships. Maybe it's you.

agreed

you just cant know until you see it happening

so really, I dont know who is the good and who is the bad guy ... and I dont know why they do it, but I am sure that there is some one doing somethings

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think there are elements within the "Illuminati" themselves (and all large power groups, institutions, societies, etc.) that act on behalf of the greater good already.

Not everything that happens to us today is bad, we are simply bombarded with negativity from a great number of places. We still have the internet and all other kinds of completely amazing and liberating advances. Just not so much on the political and economic field, but that will have to change eventually.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes there is a counterpart.

Actually there are several.

they are in no short order:

1) willful ignorance

2) hate

3) fear

4) lack of will

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Organizational layout looks like a bull’s eye made up of Cell Groups with the real power in the center cell. One of the benefits of this structure is that the group, although it has attained extensive power, remains invisible to the casual observer. Also of benefit in this regard is the fact that it avoids a formal name. Without a name, it is difficult to even discuss it, much less expose it. The result is a high degree of invisibility. There are no secret handshakes, no tattoos – each member is introduced personally by another member.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think there is too much of a fixation amongst us on what "The Illuminati" are. The only "Illuminati" by group name that existed was the historical Illuminati, and this group, going by that name, no longer exists.

I think some other posters discussed about what the word "Illuminati" means; illumination, enlightenment. The only for sure context for the word "Illuminati" is in reference to those who know certain things, or who have secret knowledge, presumably from the past. Essentially we are living in the dark ages, and those who are Illuminati are the few who live in the light.

So if we assume that Illuminati is not a group but rather a term for an individuals degree and nature of knowledge, I think it is safe to bet that there are those who are enlightened that are positive in nature.

If there has been an ongoing chain of conspiracies over mankind's existence, going as far back as 2000 or 3000 years, I think it is safe to say that many of these people that can presumably be called positive Illuminati, likely can't do much or at the very least are so discreet and undercover that their counter parts do not know. Because they wouldn't be kept alive.

And then there is US to consider. Those aware of the deceptions and illusions in our lives but are not fully aware of the true nature of everything that is known.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The answer is... D. Not enough information.

We don't know who the Illuminati are. It's not like anybody comes out and says ''Hello. I'm the Illuminati.''

So why does the story of Adam Weishaupt exist would be a better question.

And who was he associated with?
Was he a Christian Catholic Jesuit or a Muslim guy secreted into a Jesuit school?
What category can we put him in?
Who wants to be on his team?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythtified
So far I have not been able to identify a definable counterpart to the group generally referred to as the Illuminati.

That is because the so called 'Illuminati" do not actually exist as any sort of power

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Foremost, who is to say that the illuminati are evil.
They do exist, however more covertly than they once did, and to what intentions nobody is sure.
So in response to the original question posed, i think batman is the dark knight that the illuminati needs right now.
Peace.

no no really the ying to the illuminatis yang would have to be ATS, for us poor SOB's have the answers but alas we lack the control!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Sure. Why not the Masons? Think about it. These "bloodlines" are just that... Families. Whereas any free born man who is not a convicted felon and who believes in a higher power can become a Mason. The Masons are a group with a history at least 300 years old (many speculate much longer). Masons were directly involved in the creation of the United States and have repeatedly fought against tyranny. (Some speculate their role in the French Revolution as well.) Tyrants are afraid of their democratic nature. (Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler both outlawed Masonry or persecuted those known to be Masons.)

So what if the Masons are the good guys in this fight?

I think the freemasons WERE a counterpart at it's conception, but has since been corrupted.

Religion as well. Christianity didn't start off totally corrupt. It was actually a beautiful religion until Constantine had his way with it.

Religions have what it takes, they just have to shake the cobwebs off and do some spring cleaning in their ranks and they should be ok.

I am of the mind that Christians, Muslims, and Jews should come together and celebrate our similarities and the fact that at the end of the day we all bow our heads to honor the same GOD in Heaven. And stop worrying about the other stuff.

However, I don't think we as humans are in a physical battle. The battle for us is in our hearts and minds. Will we stray? Will we stay true to our beliefs, and let our faith guide us...things of that nature.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The Internet (Prolatariat).

Assuming, of course, that there is a shadow government and they at times act out of accord regarding the ideaology they propagate, then it is we, the Prolatariat, whom for the first time in history have a tool available for the dissemination/deconstruction of propaganda et cetera.

And we are way behind schedule so get crackin!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I have a question, and I hope that some of you might be able to answer it...

In every great mythology, saga or epic, the "big bad guy" always has a "small good guy" counterpart. Dark cannot exist (or at least not become tangible) without light, so Lucifer has God, Sauron has Frodo, the Kurawa have Arjun and hey, even Voldemort has Harry.

You've got the real answer to your question now highlighted. The mythical Illuminati as is known in the conspiracy community, I'll wager, is just that. Myth. A good story. It has all the hallmarks of such. This legendary cabal doesn't exist to my mind. No clandestine group calling themselves "The Illuminati" borne of extra-terrestrial bloodlines holding the globe tight in a silken-gloved iron fist with all of humanity at its whim and fancy.

If we use the term just as a metaphor for a series of ruling oligarchies, the power elite, that seem to have always been at the top throughout history, then yes, as others have said the lumpen mass of the proletariat is just such a classic adversary, of course. We are it.

[edit on 9/2/10 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Since it seems a lot of posters are still in disbelief of any "Illuminati" and are also at a loss to define who they are....perhaps we should go above Illuminati and stick a needle in the eye of the aloof pyramid.

Are you asking if there is a counterpart to secret societies such as JASON Society?

This is where you get into groups that have direct contact with the evil aliens which most people are accustomed to call "angels".

If there is a counterpart, it would certainly have to be off-world entities.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Since it seems a lot of posters are still in disbelief of any "Illuminati" and are also at a loss to define who they are....

So I don't think the Illuminati exist yet simultaneously also can't define who they are? This mythical cabal I think doesn't actually exist? Explain that one to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Illuminati not evil (there are fictional maybe) .... ya right .. so lets look some facts

Kennedy talked about secret society - Killed
2Pac made song "Killuminati" - killed (who came in his place JayZ - mason)

MichaelJ against Illumi - Killed
Presidential song of Obama "Yes we can" - reversed you can hear Thank you Satan (maybe satan have to go to hell to give us nice accommodation) - and don't tell this is coincidence, what they didn't know about it ..ya right
for these 2 here proof www.youtube.com...

we are know about documentaries 9/11 Loose Chane (few of them)..

And what all this is one big misunderstanding, wtf. I mean wtf.
People are dying all around, Gaza, Dar fur, so you can still have slice of your American dream
trough centuries few American presidents try to warn that your economic ecosystem does not work .. who watch Zeitgeist know about it .. and what you think today some other poor thing its not paying that price

and yes I believe they have everything to do with Hitler, because they need unite Jews for Rapture and creation of temple .. I mean .. set of books called rapture is most selling in America .. by the millions (even Robbie Williams is singing about it)

and somewhere in this forum I read some mason who sad (i am perafresing) "i go on charity and give money" ... I mean do anyone falls to this c... - what because snake tale does not know what snake head is doing .. he is innocent ... common

so what is truth.. ok I go on lime and say it.
The things we can read in book (religious and in schools) its not completely truth .. because we cant handle the truth .. from that wive point you can see other things

at the end .. who is counterpart .. I did not see any organization and I looked a lot (I read some interview on site with Illuminati member armageddonconspiracy.co.uk... and I searched for answers).. maybe its everybody else .. who will not have mark of beast on "D" day on their hand and forehead
www.youtube.com...

zzzz

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Sons of Jared....

Second line

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tandrli
Illuminati not evil (there are fictional maybe) .... ya right .. so lets look some facts

Kennedy talked about secret society - Killed
2Pac made song "Killuminati" - killed (who came in his place JayZ - mason)

MichaelJ against Illumi - Killed
Presidential song of Obama "Yes we can" - reversed you can hear Thank you Satan (maybe satan have to go to hell to give us nice accommodation) - and don't tell this is coincidence, what they didn't know about it ..ya right
for these 2 here proof www.youtube.com...

we are know about documentaries 9/11 Loose Chane (few of them)..

And what all this is one big misunderstanding, wtf. I mean wtf.

Referencing a whole swathe of conspiracy cultural artifacts as you have done in your post doesn't equal proof that a multi-generational cabal of part human, part alien conspiracists exist and call themselves "The Illuminati." As in the OP. It's mostly an American myth borne of the scare in New England back in the day when the Bavarian Illuminati were in full swing. It's all just conspiratainment in the conspiracy "community," like every link you just provided, like just about every thread in this entire forum. I mean, come on. armageddonconspiracy.co.uk?
Conspiratainment is all this is. The concept of millenarianism is something the conspiracy community needs to become aquainted with. The scene here is rife with it.

And, by the way, just because there is a ruling class, or really, a series of competing ruling classes on this planet, an oligarchy as say Aldous Huxley put it; doesn't mean there is a super-powerful, unipolar ruling cabal with alien DNA and bloodlines thousands of years old running the show.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tandrli

Hey thanks. I have been a skeptic the last 118 years but today I just happened to click on this thread and read your post! You totally nailed it! You blew my mind!

Here I was searching for proof of a conspiracy through the whole 20th century only to learn that someone already has found definitive, conclusive evidence of their existence.

Wow. It is so good to finally know. Finally I am awake.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

ok .. lets just take for sec that this is just .. illusion or misunderstanding .. they existed but there are here no more
so why Hank Azaria in movie "Year one" on parody of bible when is saying GOD its showing hand sign of Satan ..
who the hell encourage this behavior

i wrote this in other topic and i do it again

i quote something that Dave Chapell sad about Martin Lawrence "What is happening in Hollywood that guy that tough, will be on street waving a gun, screaming: "They are trying to kill me"."
www.youtube.com...

maybe there is no Illuminati .. maybe the ruling class is using some "happenings" to there advantage so why we fight they do what ever they wont (do I believe in story of Icke and reptilian bloodlines, relay don't know, anyway I never find out why there is a Goblin in notre dame church .. what is the point of creature that looks like from hell on church)
I am not dude who believe in every information I get.. i sit on it for few months ... so if I mentioned this site .. it does not mean that I believe it .. but I take it in consideration

why conspiracy is conspiracy .. its just because there is a lot of people, coming with different conclusion, sometimes the very stupid ones

I just telling the story as I know it, there is one old saying
"Believe not person who knows the truth, believe the person who seek it"

thnx on text I read it

reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

dude are you trying to be ironic or what .. relay did not understand you post .. thnx anyway for reading it (with open mind
)

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tandrli

You're coming straight out of the Christian paradigm with all of this. Satan only exists if you invest in that particular conceptual framework. Otherwise it is meaningless. So much of conspiracy theory, which was largely birthed in the U.S., is sprung from the Christian perspective. Which is why I mentioned millenarianism.
The Bavarian Illuminati was an order that sprung up and then died in the late 1700s. They lent the name to the modern myth of the Illuminati. They are not related. They have nothing to do with each other, the former was an actual reality, the latter a myth. Read Terry Melanson's book Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati to get hold of the reality of that group, what they did and how they ended.
Most of modern conspiracy culture is mythology, a narrative, entertainment. Conspiratainment. A way to pass the time and pretend we're doing something constructive, peeking under the veil we think, when we are doing nothing better than the masses conspiracy theorists so often label as "sheeple."
I pass through this site when I want to be conspiratained. Maybe have some worthwhile conversations every so often and perhaps annoy the masons when they try to convince people they are the antithesis to the mythical Illuminati. lol.

2B1ask1. Just never ask one to give you a straight answer on anything else. You'll be spinning your wheels for an eternity.

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Sure. Why not the Masons?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/722bd43138ef.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 9/2/10 by Extant Taxon]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join