It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING New Documentary called Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I hope this hasn't been posted before. This is the first time I've seen it. BBC is releasing a new 10-hour documentary series called "Life". There are many animal documentaries out there, but I bet none of them look as amazing as this one will. High definition cameras were used to capture animal life from as far as one kilometer away, sometimes in super-slow motion. The clips alone blow my mind and I can't wait to see this! Here is a link to the clip in case the embedding doesn't work:

BBC's documentary "Life"
"Life" - Challenges of life

More videos can be found on YouTube once you click on the second link. Incredible stuff! I really wish I had a giant High-def TV to watch these on.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by 2manyquestions]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have seen a few episodes and i am blown away by them. It is just like Planet Earth but much better, i can't believe some of the shots they got.

If you have not watched Planet Earth, you really REALLY need to watch Life. If you can download stuff get the BBC version because that is narrated by David Attenborough, screw Oprah!

For real, every single person should learn about nature and animals and should watch Life because you will never find a better documentary on the planet, no joke.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

2manyquestions, great thread - Life was an absolutely marvellous TV series and some of the images were completely mindboggling.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Great video you posted. Those underwater shots were amazing. I'll be passing that on. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by BBC Worldwide Ltd..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes, it makes me so upset to see this on TV, but I can't watch it because it grates my nerves to have to listen to Oprah narrate.

One night I saw this on about 4 different channels at the same time, including one that listed on the guide as being narrated by David Attenborough and I thought to myself, SCORE!

Then I went to it and it was STILL Oprah.

Uhg....guess I might have to wait for the BBC DVD to come out.

Unless anyone knows where (what channel) I can get it in Fairfax, VA.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Same here. It's tedious all this copyright shenanigans and profit maximisation. I've got an application to save YT vids to my hard drive and all this property rights malarkey has encouraged me. I won't be offloading DVDs at market or pirating it out for profit. It's BBC and it's paid for by me and every other taxpayer in this country. Same for South Park...if you don't live in the States, the only way to watch it is to go bandit...one-legged type who has parrots on the shoulder and wears eye-patches.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is what makes the BBC the best at this sort of thing imho!

top topics

join