It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between the Christian God/religion and others

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
reply to post by aMason

well...that is no way to start a civil discussion..but i guess when you here things you dont agree with you get upset, so i apologize..i would love to know where you got your history degrees and in what area you specialize...there is more evidence for jesus christ than just about any other ancient figure..

i have rigorously studied the claims of the bible..please show me where the things i have said are false...also..please show me how i was wrong about things the quran states..i would love to see that since you are so knowledgeable..

and you using christianity and islam as the two sides is pathetic..islam would be one of the easiest to transfer from (maybe not physically, but mentally) all they need to do is read what their quran claims and what the bible claims..everyone has a free will and can make their own decision..

your post came across quite childish i must say..if you want to call me wrong please support your claims..

You call me childish and state I do not support my claims? That is very amusing. What claims would you like me to support? The point of the Christian/Muslim scenario was that God is indeed unjust because if we only live life one time some will have a much greater advantage of entering heaven than others...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeShallBeFree

It would take an entire thread to list all the contradictions but probably one of the most famous impossibilities would be the concept of Noah's Ark. The ark, according to Genesis I believe, is said to be around 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. It would be impossible to get 2 of every creature on this earth in to that. I suppose it wasn't meant to be taken litterally?

meh its close we still dunno what a cubit is exactly...the world was young and there were less animals..also god instructed noah to take 2 after their kinds...its not like he took every type of dog (i doubt there were many anyway) or every type of bird..also he probably took babies i would assume..which would drastically decrease the space..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by SAB17

islam differs from christanity in many core aspects...

one being the trinity..another the divinity of christ..and the fact that the quran claims to talk about the same god but the jews are not special? and it completely contradicts the god of the bible?

just because they do have some similarities does not put them in the same boat at all...dont be naive

A) The trinity is debated amongst denominations of Christianity
B) The Jews are regarded as "People of the Book," as are Christians in the Koran, both having a much higher status than non Christians or Jews, so yes the Jews are special according to treaditional Islam. Read, it will enlighten you.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by aMason]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

thanks buddy haha..but yeah they have no reasons for why they say im wrong..but w/e..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Avarus and Mason thank you to both- I agree! I guess I didnt read as far into the OP as you, and only comprehended the part about the message in the bible, is what is important! End to suffering!

Love and Light, Ron

link   

reply to post by AKARonco

thanks buddy haha..but yeah they have no reasons for why they say im wrong..but w/e..

Do you believe Buddha is in Hell being tortured for eternity? Just curious....how about Ghandi?

link   
reply to post by SAB17

so our university system around the world is full of lies and fakes, yet your church is absolute truth?

you guys kill me when you make stuff up like that..no one said that its all lies and fakes..and i even said in the main post i dont agree with most churches..

and as for science..yes..much is true..but at the same time the do without a doubt cover up facts and keep old theories just to have a theory so say they have one..

example..man made global warming is bull..its obvious..the new email scandal showed that..another..and i swear im not getting in to this stupid discussion on here..evolution, they still use the embryo with gill slit pictures even though it has been disproven..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
Avarus and Mason thank you to both- I agree! I guess I didnt read as far into the OP as you, and only comprehended the part about the message in the bible, is what is important! End to suffering!

Love and Light, Ron

Looks like we are on the same page. As I stated, I have no problems with those who have faith, only those who claim to have fact. And I agree, there are some nuggets of wisdom in the Bible..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

all of those quotes can easily be explained with a little bit of historical research..and those contradictions are a waste of time..the same ones get used over and over..pick you a few really good ones and ill answer but that site is a joke..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by resonance

They will not listen,they will never believe because their spirit is dead.
They want proof and only proof that they will accept.All the people,who
witnessed our Saviour's miracles,death and resurrection,are all dead.
Without eyewitness accounts and physical evidence,the Saviour's life
has been reduced to a fairy tale told in churches.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aMason

please show me where i have been wrong sir and i will show you im not..however if i am i will gladly admit it..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aMason

you come at me telling me i am ignorant and wrong with no basis for your accusations...please..feel free to present some and i will address them

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by resonance

You are absolutely right and i apologize. I guess in the end all I am trying to say is the "truth" you have, such as Christ being the son of God, and the Holy trinity, and the bible itself, are not the "truth" for the second largest religion in the world of Islam, and for billions of other people as well. Therefore, I do not think it should be told as "truth" or "factual", and science should fall under the same principles. Everything is subjective to how you interpret it. Thats just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It would take an entire thread to list all the contradictions but probably one of the most famous impossibilities would be the concept of Noah's Ark. The ark, according to Genesis I believe, is said to be around 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. It would be impossible to get 2 of every creature on this earth in to that. I suppose it wasn't meant to be taken litterally?

meh its close we still dunno what a cubit is exactly...the world was young and there were less animals..also god instructed noah to take 2 after their kinds...its not like he took every type of dog (i doubt there were many anyway) or every type of bird..also he probably took babies i would assume..which would drastically decrease the space..

The world was not young, it was around 5000 years ago. Our earth is millions of years old. Also he would have had to take almost every species that is around today for them still to be here!

EDIT: Also how do you explain how other races still exist? Surely a flood would have killed off every race except white (assuming Noah was white).

[edit on 12-1-2010 by WeShallBeFree]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aMason

...if you think the roles of the jews in the bible and in the quran are the same something is wrong with you..if the muslims accepted what the bible says about the jews they would stop fighting for that land..why do they want to destroy the jews?..come on dude wake up..

the trinity is obvious..it is repeatedly referenced in the OT..i would expect you to know this since you are so versed in the bible..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

....way to get techincal...i agree the earth is old..i said the world..i meant life on earth, animals and people..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by aMason

...if you think the roles of the jews in the bible and in the quran are the same something is wrong with you..if the muslims accepted what the bible says about the jews they would stop fighting for that land..why do they want to destroy the jews?..come on dude wake up..

the trinity is obvious..it is repeatedly referenced in the OT..i would expect you to know this since you are so versed in the bible..

The trinity is repeatedly referenced in the OT? Isnt that a bit difficult since it was before, you know...Jesus? I never said the role of the Jews in the Bible and the Koran are the same.....not once...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aMason

well...buddha lived before christ so i assume he went to abrahams bossom..dont really know about ghandi

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by aMason

well...buddha lived before christ so i assume he went to abrahams bossom..dont really know about ghandi

What dont you know about ghandi?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

....way to get techincal...i agree the earth is old..i said the world..i meant life on earth, animals and people..

ah ok, I thought you were suggesting that the earth was only 5000ish years old. Still life has been around a lot longer than that.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by WeShallBeFree]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join