It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just not anything going on anymore.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Seems with all the activity lately (sarcasm) Either all the UFO's lately quit coming around or is everyone sick and tired of the airplane threads left to continue?

I'm not a skeptic, but I will help do debunk crap. All the crap threads posted here lately seems to me have become tiresome.

Although we cannot command them to show themselves like some members here, It looks like reality is finally setting in this forum.

Or just Christmas break is over.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents
Seems with all the activity lately (sarcasm) Either all the UFO's lately quit coming around or is everyone sick and tired of the airplane threads left to continue?

I'm not a skeptic, but I will help do debunk crap. All the crap threads posted here lately seems to me have become tiresome.

Although we cannot command them to show themselves like some members here, It looks like reality is finally setting in this forum.

or the the people cant be bothered with a site that has a policy
that "every ufo story or artifact MUST be debunked no matter what!

which is the reason i will never post on ats again " its a waste of my time.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just think that the hardcore UFO zealots are regrouping due to yet another round of failed predictions. Give 'em a few months if that, and we will start seeing all kinds of crazy stuff to laugh at again.

Maybe if we are lucky we might even get to see a few things that make us scratch our heads.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86

Originally posted by william.gauncents

or the the people cant be bothered with a site that has a policy
that "every ufo story or artifact MUST be debunked no matter what!
You know, I'd like to believe UFOs were aliens buzzing us and wreaking havoc on our cattle and sticking rusty little bits of metal into people's elbow crooks, but the truth is that a large portion of UFO stories either have no corroborating evidence beyond witness testimony, or are explainable by human technology or natural phenomenon. I believe there are genuinely some UFO cases that have never been adequately explained, but the absence of evidence disproving alien involvement doesn't automatically prove it either.

I mean really, what's more likely, something everyday occurred in an unusual way, or an advanced civilization acquired the technology to conquer the gulf of space between their home world and ours?

which is the reason i will never post on ats again " its a waste of my time.
Bet you will.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm a witness from 20 years ago and that's why I am here. Looking for my own answers.

It's amazing to me that a website such as this continues to let the less than believable threads to continue.

Ats get enough attention. But how much is too much to make this place laughable to some degree?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe that it is for the better, there was to much 'bad posting' on ATS and it caused the forum to be ridiculed. Lot's of evidence without good building on. Either stories that had no good background, no good evidence or were based on fact that weren't facts. The very second someone comes up with a story that is build upon the existence of Greys and Annikin is the moment I ditch that post because it means it is based upon something unproven. ATS was filled with unproven or hard to believe crap. Sometimes some posts and photo were obviously normal occurences (like planes, wether phenomenons or rock formations) yet people kept on hammering that it was alien work. Stuff like that made ATS a joke and reality is (hopefully) setting in.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

I agree with you mostly but on a website that is trying to deny ignorance, why is all the ignorance here?

Also, it's been over 72 hours since my warning. Why hasn't that been removed?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by william.gauncents]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of two facts:

1. I'm not sure if it was ATS, but some conspiracy site I used to frequent was absolutely covered in posts about lizard people. The people posting in these threads would take press photos of politicians and famous people, fiddle with them in Photoshop (solarization? Is that something you can do?), then analyze all the little weird shapes that appeared as if this actually meant something.

2. A coMpany I used tO work for (I'm Not going to name it) uSed to hAve a filter iN place That wOuld block this site as "containing hate speech."

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It'll be back...let's see...

Summer is coming up, alien pop culture is at its peak, 2012 is looming ever closer and peeps don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

Yeah, come February there'll be more channellers, dodgy stories from blogs posted as news and pathetic attempts to tie the unknown into fictional Stargate theory.

At least in the meantime we can go over old stories and see what gems may have eluded us.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The lizard people! It was this site! They started trashing reptilian threads. Actually, they were much more entertaining than the "airplane threads that are undeniable ufo's from other words" threads that have been allowed to continue here.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People that are knowledgeable about non human aircraft/spacecraft are the ones laughing at many of the debunkers because they make assumptions without much critical thinking and then make statements that look childlike in their analysis.
So, the point is, poor debunkers aren't hurting anything, just themselves by painting their own portrait of ignorance for everyone else to see.
Good debunkers are always a value though, because they are supposedly looking at all the data and making sure the evidence is valid.
And there are tons of current "UFO" events happening every day that are the real deal, and some hoaxes and disinfo too.
Another point is that with all the available info on the internet , for every good site you find with quality sightings and reports, there are 100 more sites you havn't found yet with even much better quality reports with vids and pics. If you really try researching hardcore like I have you will find it is true.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

I agree. Doesn't seem like this is the site so search for answers anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshOnMyTomatoes
This thread reminded me of two facts:

1. I'm not sure if it was ATS, but some conspiracy site I used to frequent was absolutely covered in posts about lizard people. The people posting in these threads would take press photos of politicians and famous people, fiddle with them in Photoshop (solarization? Is that something you can do?), then analyze all the little weird shapes that appeared as if this actually meant something.

2. A coMpany I used tO work for (I'm Not going to name it) uSed to hAve a filter iN place That wOuld block this site as "containing hate speech."

First of all.. Pure genius.

Second of all.. I agree.. The lizard people thing is a little out there, but who knows.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think there was a small but loud revolt against some of the stuff that was posted in here. I have always found with sites like these, the collective paranoia and thought processes of some can build to a point where they are forced to step up and say enough is enough.

Then there is a reset and the rebuild begins. It will rebuild until the cycle repeats itself all over again.

Both sides went overboard. The Believers were at a point of believing anything and the skeptics also took their hard ground. I'm a skeptic, but i will be the first to admit that a little more than a month ago, some guy posted some vids from Mufon that were indeed very interesting, but nobody from either side seemed to notice and searched out the obvious fake airplane threads instead.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by deanorw]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Just so we're clear: a "good" debunker is one that supports UFOs as caused by aliens, and a "bad" debunker is one that is skeptical? Really?

Originally posted by william.gauncentsI agree. Doesn't seem like this is the site so search for answers anymore.
Au contraire: a site with skeptics is more likely to produce actual answers than one with runaway theorists. They may not be the answers you want, but that doesn't make the answers untrue.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by AshOnMyTomatoes]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
well mate, its always darkest before the dawn. Right now we could be saiting in the eye of the storm so to speak. Times like these, its best not to wait for someone to post something of interest as 90% of what comes up here is previously threaded bullox at best, Now its time to research and look for yourself. theorise and put your ideas together. THis emptiness will be over shortly

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You are delusional between the definition of skeptics and debunkers.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

I myself am a witness also. Close Encounter of the 2nd kind. I felt the effects. Just a year and a half ago and my mind is still reeling. I don't know why I keep looking for answers when I already have it. Maybe I just on a daily basis I look to see if if THE day is here yet.

To all the bashers::
It is natural to be skeptical, but people should not bash when something is just out of their logic. Believe me I am skeptical about a lot that goes on here, but I do not just write it all off as lunacy. Some people just make up BS to feel important. There are things that we cannot handle. Seeing a UFO or better yet feeling one, might just be one of them. It opens a whole other philosophical can of worms, and I am beginning to fear what would happen to civilization. If I could go back in time I would not want to know what I know.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by timewalker]

[edit on 12-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"Real life" has suddenly come to resemble a dystopian sci-fi novel for many: a survalience society lockdown state, bristling with cameras, scanners, and grim-faced shocktroops. Frozen UK, feral and abandoned Detroit. Homes rotting in forecloseure while billionares pay themselves bigger and bigger bonuses. The 2009 global food harvest seeming the worst in years. One out of every four American children on foodstamps. Oil prices rising again. The paranoia of an increasingly harried, monitored, and poverty-stricken "developed world" sinking into ruin.

Heck, reading the mainstream media is like surfing the political and economic parts of ATS 3 or 4 years ago.

Given that, people here are paying less attention to UFOs and concentrating on how "alien" the society they grew up in has become. Why look up up in the sky for conspiracy when its being revealed before your very eyes here on earth?

I've got nothing against the UFO parts of ATS...quite the opposite. I think its a cornerstone of this community. But the topic is being eclipsed by the increasing surreality of daily life.

[edit on 1/12/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join