It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just not anything going on anymore.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
RE: Just not anything going on anymore....

That's because the Dis-info agencies are out of money, laying off workers and have a hiring freeze in effect.

What we have now is reality. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Why is it so quite??

where is all the posts???

Hey if anyone from the intel or govt labs watching this

I need a job i will ride a stargate, step in a time machine what ever you want or scuba or skydive from a ufo or volunteer to be a quine pig.

I want a job and to be part of something

Contact me

Chris Roden
[email protected]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
(Skeptical believer):

Someone who has a strong interest in the UFO phenomenon and bases his/her beliefs in only the hard evidence over the last 60 years, those incidents that cannot be explained, that special 1-5% of all UFO cases in history. Someone who can spot a charlatan and a fraud from a mile away and pick through tonnes of manure looking for those golden unexplainable toothpicks. These people are HIGHLY valued in the UFO community for their research and scientific method of analysis. Without them we would all need wings to stay above all the Bullcrap on ATS.

(Pseudo-Skeptic/Debunker):

Someone who spends all his time and energy trying to debunk mostly the easily debunk-able incidents. Most people with common sense and an education can do this themselves but don't have the time or the energy to do so and concentrate on researching the REAL incidents. These members have absolutely no interest in the UFO phenomenon and decided long ago that the UFO phenomenon is just a mass delusion of the worlds populous spanning eons. They suffer from delusions of grandeur and actually think they are doing the rest of us a service by acting arrogant and using childish and egotistical wit in their posts. They will often resort to the tactic of using personal insults instead of debating the facts in an adult fashion. These people are more an annoyance than anything else and obviously have no life outside their little debunking hobby. Do as I and just add them to your ignore list, it works great.

-Jocko

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
Why is it so quite??

where is all the posts???

Hey if anyone from the intel or govt labs watching this

I need a job i will ride a stargate, step in a time machine what ever you want or scuba or skydive from a ufo or volunteer to be a quine pig.

I want a job and to be part of something

Contact me

Chris Roden
[email protected]

And strangely enough, no one ever heard from Chris Roden again.
The end.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

I often wonder why the debunkers are even here. No matter how good the evidence... they refuse to believe it could possibly be real. Kind of stupid to hang out here if they have that attitude.

Way I see it, if they are not going to believe until the proverbial landing on the White House lawn... then they should just go away and watch it on the 6 oclock news after it happens.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I have to agree with you, i have seen two this year already, and filmed both, but where would be the point in sharing the video's on here? or anywhere for that matter, no i will keep them to myself, or another site where they will be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents
Seems with all the activity lately (sarcasm) Either all the UFO's lately quit coming around or is everyone sick and tired of the airplane threads left to continue?

I'm not a skeptic, but I will help do debunk crap. All the crap threads posted here lately seems to me have become tiresome.

Although we cannot command them to show themselves like some members here, It looks like reality is finally setting in this forum.

Or just Christmas break is over.

I am a sceptic, specifically of the extraterrestrial hypothesis, but I am interested in UFOs, both as puzzles, and as an observer subjective phenomena. I strongly believe people occasionally see stuff they can't explain. I reject the idea that it's perpetually unexplainable because I feel we'd have been stuck in the dark ages if we took the attitude that some things are ultimately unexplainable.

What bothers me is that when someone posts something falsifiable and people attempt to explain it they're written off as closed minded, debunkers, sceptics, pseudosceptics, disinfo agents etc. ergo - heretics. There is little room for debate. I think the prophet (profit) based side of UFOlogy is finding a receptive audience.

The New Age ethos encourages this through pseudo philosophy, pseudo-quantum physics mumbo-jumbo, and all of the trappings of religion. Including anointed prophets in the form of channellers - or those claiming to have inside sources. The prophecies of the second coming find their equivalents in prophecies of Disclosure.

And what I've seen here is a shift from falsifiable evidence, in the form of discussion of current events, people posting their videos/photos etc., to people posting wild theories, heavily influenced by the new Disclosure religion, which can't be falsified, because there's no evidence to begin with. Just what they feel.

So I find myself having to take a break from ATS, partly because I find myself getting angrier, and thus more likely to be rude, but because there's nothing to discuss. Or least nobody to discuss with. Just people who have made up their mind 100% already.

[edit on 12/1/2010 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents
Seems with all the activity lately (sarcasm) Either all the UFO's lately quit coming around or is everyone sick and tired of the airplane threads left to continue?

I'm not a skeptic, but I will help do debunk crap. All the crap threads posted here lately seems to me have become tiresome.

Although we cannot command them to show themselves like some members here, It looks like reality is finally setting in this forum.

Or just Christmas break is over.

sure there is man, just because ATS hasn't been getting as many news posts and every time something interesting gets posted you get all the stupid # debunkers come derail it doesn't mean there isn't A WHOLE LOT GOING ON

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I often wonder why the debunkers are even here. No matter how good the evidence... they refuse to believe it could possibly be real. Kind of stupid to hang out here if they have that attitude.

Way I see it, if they are not going to believe until the proverbial landing on the White House lawn... then they should just go away and watch it on the 6 oclock news after it happens.

On the same token, why are you here? You think you have all the answers. So what's there to discuss? Why bother?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by expat2368

On the same token, why are you here? You think you have all the answers. So what's there to discuss? Why bother?

because this a community for topics that would be looked down upon anywhere else. I don't recall anyone saying they had all the answers either

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
I am a sceptic, specifically of the extraterrestrial hypothesis, but I am interested in UFOs, both as puzzles, and as an observer subjective phenomena. I strongly believe people occasionally see stuff they can't explain. I reject the idea that it's perpetually unexplainable because I feel we'd have been stuck in the dark ages if we took the attitude that some things are ultimately unexplainable.

Beautiful, Jack. Skepticism is not synonymous with disinterest, an evangelical closed-mindedness. While we may be skeptical of the tenuous extraterrestrial hypothesis, that is far-different than saying we know the answers. Most skeptics here understand the phenomenon's value as a mystery. There is much to be learned about ourselves and our world in it's study; we have a passion for the subject for that reason.

Nor is skepticism a belief we are alone or a dismissal of the possibility life may visit the Earth. Most skeptics have the same hope that many of the believers here do, that will we finally find proof that we are not alone. However, while we may want these things to be real, we are careful not to confuse our want as being a reality.

What bothers me is that when someone posts something falsifiable and people attempt to explain it they're written off as closed minded, debunkers, sceptics, pseudosceptics, disinfo agents etc. ergo - heretics. There is little room for debate

It is a rationalization of the closed-minded. Those who make such accusations do not want their beliefs challenged. It is easier for these small-minds to dismiss anyone who may force them to re-examine their beliefs. They believe themselves to know the absolute truth; anyone who would challenge this must either be purposefully ignorant or trying to lead them astray.

And what I've seen here is a shift from falsifiable evidence, in the form of discussion of current events, people posting their videos/photos etc., to people posting wild theories, heavily influenced by the new Disclosure religion, which can't be falsified, because there's no evidence to begin with. Just what they feel.

The Disclosure church represents a failure of the UFO field. Sixty years in and we know no more than we did during the 1950s. These cultists have given up trying to prove their beliefs via tangible, empirical evidence and have instead embraced their impatience and laziness. They want the government to do the work for them, to prove their beliefs for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
because this a community for topics that would be looked down upon anywhere else. I don't recall anyone saying they had all the answers either

And I don't recall skeptics saying they have all the answers or dismissing any possibility out-of-hand.

Rather, what we do see here is people like you and St Sir 86 whining because claims are not accepted on face-value without question. You are so insecure in your beliefs, you claim that looking at cases with a critical eye is "derailing."

[edit on 12-1-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
they're here, don't doubt that, but the "Greys" do not show up as often.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
I just think that the hardcore UFO zealots are regrouping due to yet another round of failed predictions. Give 'em a few months if that, and we will start seeing all kinds of crazy stuff to laugh at again.

Yep, with an attitude like that I'm sure many people will be willing to share/report their experiences here.

The problem with Ufology isn't the hoaxers or the believers... they are easily dealt with. The problem is people displaying the sneering, superior, scoffing, ridiculing attitude you just displayed.

Multiply your attitude by the rest of the world and we end up exactly where we are at the moment

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842

I have to agree with you, i have seen two this year already, and filmed both, but where would be the point in sharing the video's on here? or anywhere for that matter, no i will keep them to myself, or another site where they will be appreciated.

Me too, I have seen a UFO only a few weeks ago. I was with a friend and it flew directly overhead of us. I filmed it in on my Canon 1080p camcorder and I even put it on YouTube.. but the LAST thing I would do it set up a thread here at ATS. I know what the debunkers are like. They will tell me that I didn't see what I thought I saw. They will berate me for my shaky camera footage - even though they have no idea in the heat of the moment how hard it is to focus on the thing and watch it with the naked eye at the same time. I know how these guys operate. No amount of genuine footage would ever be good enough for them. Certain people would just take over the thread and insist on 'the last word', using other YouTube videos to try and prove their point.

But yeah, this place would be the LAST place I would post my ufo video. I have fellow ATS members on my Facebook who have seen my footage and they said exactly the same thing - that if they ever did get genuine footage and a real experience like I did, they would *not* start a thread here, because it would just be torn to shreds.

That's why there's 'nothing going on'. Oh, there's plenty going on, we just know better than to post it up for so-called debunkers to tell us we are seeing planes or stars.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by RiotComing]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Me too, I have seen a UFO only a few weeks ago. I was with a friend and it flew directly overhead of us. I filmed it in on my Canon 1080p camcorder and I even put it on YouTube.. but the LAST thing I would do it set up a thread here at ATS. I know what the debunkers are like. They will tell me that I didn't see what I thought I saw. They will berate me for my shaky camera footage - even though they have no idea in the heat of the moment how hard it is to focus on the thing and watch it with the naked eye at the same time.

tits or gtfo. seriously. if you saw what you saw and you have video of it then post it so we can all see it. if you are so afraid of being ridiculed then its prolly because you only thought you saw something extraordinary but really you were mistaking a plane for something else. one time i was walking down the street and the sun was just setting but there was a glowing golden ball in the sky above the setting sun, i thought to myself holy smoking crackpipes batman a ufo or something. but after collecting my wits and thinking about all the logical conclusions it dawned on me that i was most likely seeing venus or mars whichever one of those planets follows the sun in the late summer. just as when i look at the moon in the southern hemisphere and i see a bright star near the moon i know its actually a planet and not NIBIRU or some aliens.

i saw a ufo once, i know for a fact i did, i also used telepathy and saw a helicopter following the car i was in after all this happened in a sequence. but i was high at the time too so im not sure. i feel 100000% that it all happened as i know it did, but because i was high too theres room for doubt. that doesnt mean i wont still be on this site and looking for answers and debunking the planes and reflections of lights on window panes and the hoaxes.

anyways like i said tits or gtfo.

if your evidence cant stand up to scrutiny then maybe you need to swallow your pride and accept that maybe you are wrong. facts are facts. if your evidence is valid it will stand. thats how the truth works.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Someone who has a strong interest in the UFO phenomenon and bases his/her beliefs in only the hard evidence over the last 60 years, those incidents that cannot be explained, that special 1-5% of all UFO cases in history.

Well its more like 20 -30 % but I know what you're saying..

"The opposite conclusion could have been drawn from The Condon Report's content, namely, that a phenomenon with such a high ratio of unexplained cases (about 30 percent) should arouse sufficient scientific curiosity to continue its study."
"From a scientific and engineering standpoint, it is unacceptable to simply ignore substantial numbers of unexplained observations... the only promising approach is a continuing moderate-level effort with emphasis on improved data collection by objective means... involving available remote sensing capabilities and certain software changes."
Ronald D Story - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics UFO Subcommittee -New York: Doubleday, 1980

"Probably the most striking discrepancy in the Condon report, however, was between its contents and conclusions. Condon had concluded that science could gain nothing from studying UFOs. Yet, the report ended up with a near 30 percent unexplained rate, and a core of cases that came within a hair's breadth of being conclusive evidence for the reality of alien technology – cases which, under the most rigorous analysis, appeared to be the result of extraordinary craft in the skies."
Richard Dolan PHD

www.abovetopsecret.com...

..and I think you got your pseudosceptic definition absolutely spot on.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Me too, I have seen a UFO only a few weeks ago. I was with a friend and it flew directly overhead of us. I filmed it in on my Canon 1080p camcorder and I even put it on YouTube.. but the LAST thing I would do it set up a thread here at ATS.

If your evidence cannot stand up to scrutiny then it must be rather weak. It says a lot that you won't post it where it will be meaningfully challenged.

I know what the debunkers are like. They will tell me that I didn't see what I thought I saw.

You claim to have seen a UFO, however you seem to have forgotten what the acronym means. Instead of saying, "What is it?" you are claiming you already know what it is and don't want anyone to tell you otherwise.

You reek of insecurity. If you are so convinced you have the answers, then you should not be afraid of what other people have to say.

Oh, there's plenty going on, we just know better than to post it up for so-called debunkers to tell us we are seeing planes or stars.

SeeingUFOsPA? Is that you?

Fact is, people do see planes or stars and mistake them for UFOs. Why are you denying this?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I used to post a lot on the UFO section, when the topics were actualy worth it. I got tired of the 'secret aircraft' stuff sadly. We all know every government has 'secret aircraft', thats yesterday's news.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez
I used to post a lot on the UFO section, when the topics were actualy worth it.

Chez, I don't know if you've seen it but there is an excellent thread compilation directory here which separates a lot of wheat from the chaff.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join