It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar permit fee now 6 times more expensive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
www.signonsandiego.com... r-permit-fee-6-times-more-expensive/

Six months after proudly announcing that San Diego leads the state in the number of rooftop solar systems, city officials last month made it more expensive to go green by raising its fees sixfold.

You would think that the government would be giving tax BREAKS for people that go solar... it's just unbelievable. Well, not exactly.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I might be a bit daft here but you pay taxes for sunshine?

Are there wind taxes too?

Were I a taxpayer of San Diego I'd demand sunny Summers and windy sailing days.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They must be worried about something! By 'they', I mean OWG ensuring that individual sovereign states do not encourage or permit householders accessing 'free' power from the giant battery in the sky.

You must continue to purchase fossil fuels as this will keep mega corp and their pseudo democratically elected governments happy! You must not be resourceful!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The fees are being raised for multiple reasons.

# 1 ) Make going green super expensive.

# 2) Milk the market for all it's worth.

# 3) They just enjoy being major jerks.

# 4) They get off to watching people suffer.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's probably more about the State and cities in the Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia being hard up for cash than any grand conspiracy against solar. The cities and state aren't going to cut services to illegals, reduce city state/state payrolls, or other austerity measures. So, they are going to increase revenue wherever they can.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chastral

This is bull! When I get out, I want to be an electrician and then later on do solar powering. Now they come up with this crap. California better legalize shrubs to make up for this crap, but then again they will just tax that too.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised to hear this, tax, tax, tax

Cheap energy and self sufficiency appears to be something the establishment are working towards ensuring doesn't happen..

what a bizarre world we live in.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all.

I have even read, on another news page a while back, that in some areas it is also forbidden to collect rain water. Seems the water utility corporations also own the rainwater that falls and feeds their aquifers, so collecting rainwater is viewed as theft! Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Fees like this are just profiteering scams. There are no such real true laws. That is there are no truly enforceable laws. Just as traffic tickets are not based on law, these kinds of statues, regulations,etc., are just about scamming money. When you hear something like "The Force Of Law", "The Color of Law", "The Spirit of Law", think "Genuine Imitation Leather". Acts, Statutes, and the Like are based on Contract law and a lawful contract is based on a voluntary signing by all parties involved. The liars rationalize because you have a "property Title" or are suckered into paying property taxes, that you are giving an "implied consent". "Implied Consent" is another name for fraud. "Implied" means you haven't really given it. It's being assumed by the con-artists for their benefit. All of this is enforced by the major criminals in the society, the Judges and their patterns in crime, the lawyers. Lawyers limit their defense to standards that allow them to keep their licenses. There are practicing lawyers today that have turned in their "Bar cards" and still practice and win all their cases in court without be "Officers of the Court".

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is outrageous... but not surprising.

On a similar note, we just recently got forced to all go to digital TV. Now the biug media companies want to do away with free over-air TV. Hold on a sec. Like all other resources, the radio spectrum belongs to the PEOPLE. The FCC licenses the USE of OUR spectrum to companies media companies. Since when do THEY get to decide whther we get to have reception on the spectrum that belongs to us? When are we going to go retro on these a'holes and lop off a few heads? Hey, don't laugh, it worked for the French.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
you know for a way to get cheaper energy they sure do make it expensive to get, couldnt you technically look it up online and make it yourself, cant tax you for that can they?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
It's probably more about the State and cities in the Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia being hard up for cash than any grand conspiracy against solar.

Kalifornia isn't broke. Arnie has $182bn in NET assets that he just doesn't want to use.

www.sco.ca.gov...

Here's how he gets away with it.

www.cafr1.com...

new topics

top topics

join