It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Canada, U.S. is attack on Muslims: imams

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

www.cbc.ca

A group of Canadian and U.S. Islamic leaders on Friday issued a fatwa, or religious edict, declaring that an attack by extremists on the two countries would constitute an attack on the 10 million Muslims living in North America.

The 20 imams associated with the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada said this marked the first fatwa by the Muslim clergy declaring attacks on Canada and the U.S. to be attacks on Muslims.

"In our view, these attacks are evil, and Islam requires Muslims to stand up
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Finally some good news! It's always great to hear about how Muslim clerics are rising up against the .01% of Muslims who distort the readings in the Koran and use it to justify their goals. Unfortunately, they are fighting to save whatever is left of their religion's already tarnished reputation. To them I say keep up the good fight against extremists!

What do you say to them?

Peace,

Magnum

www.cbc.ca

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is getting crazy. i feel like i live in the year 50. a long time ago indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Alright! Finally my muslim brothers and sisters are finally uniting over this issue. For years now many mainstream groups have been speaking out, and it is very good to know that they are starting to unite on larger scales. I Can only pray that God protects them as they safeguard our nations and their faith.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
This is getting crazy. i feel like i live in the year 50. a long time ago indeed.

It's cyclical.

Rome falls again at midnight.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Since when did Extremist Muslims object to killing Moderate Muslims? I don't think something like this will prevent Extremists from carrying out attacks.

Link isn't working at the moment. Hopefully we can find an alternative that is up and working. Any links to an English translation of the alleged fatwa?

But it's a positive step for relations and deserves applause.

Would be interesting to see what the exact wording of the fatwa is so nobody has the wrong idea about its intended purpose. Do those Islamic leaders have the actual authority to enact official fatwas?

[edit on 11/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The site is slow to load the page for some reason... I will look into finding the exact wording in the Fatwa...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Man, getting to read news like this is why i come to this site.
That was like a giant breath of fresh air. Star and Flag for humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting this story from the title as its a little confusing. Amazing find and I will star and flag it! This seems like many of you have been waiting for it but I had not even considered something like this. I think if this gains momentum it could be a great turning point unless TPTB decide they won't let it.

Either way this should bring the possibility of some real change.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Fantastic news for everyone. Hopefully non-Muslims in these two countries will also start to see that people of this faith are regular "Americans and Canadians too", that not everyone is a religious extremist. That Islamic leaders want to protect their country as much as the people serving in the armed forces. That they care as much about their country as anyone else. That extremist acts by people of their faith will NOT be tolerated.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The Fatwa

We, the undersigned Imams, are issuing the following Fatwa in order to guide the Muslims of North America regarding the attacks on Canada and the United States by the terrorists and the extremists. In our view, these attacks are evil and Islam requires from Muslims to stand up against this evil. In the holy Qur’an Almighty Allah orders Muslims, "Let there among you be a group that summon to all that is beneficial commands what is proper and forbids what is improper; they are the ones who will prosper." (3:104) "Believing men and believing women are protecting friends of one another; they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong; they perform salat and give zakat..." (9:71) "Those who, if We establish them in the land (with authority), establish regular prayers and practice regular charity and enjoin the right and forbid the wrong..." (22:41) Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said in a Hadith; "When people see a wrong-doer and do nothing to stop him, they may well be visited by God with a punishment." Therefore, it is an obligation upon us (Imams) to inform all Muslims around the world that Muslims in Canada and the United States have complete freedom to practice Islam. There is no single city in Canada and the United States where MASAJIDS (Mosques) are not built. In all major cities Islamic schools provide education to Muslim children about Qur’an and the Islamic traditions. Thousands of Muslims perform Hajj every year and travel to Saudi Arabia with complete freedom and respect. In the month of Ramadan, both Canadian and the United States governments recognize the occasion and greet all Muslim citizens. Muslims pray five daily prayers in mosques without any fear or restrictions. Muslims have complete freedom to pay Zakat (poor due) to the charity or a person of their choice. Muslims have complete freedom to celebrate their festivals openly, publicly and Islamically. Muslims enjoy freedom of religion just like Christians, Jews and others. No one stops us from obeying Allah and His Messenger (Peace be upon him). No one stops us from preaching Islam and practicing Islam. In many cases, Muslims have more freedom to practice Islam here in Canada and the United States than many Muslim countries.

In fact, the constitutions of the United States and Canada are very close to the Islamic guiding principles of human rights and freedom. There is no conflict between the Islamic values of freedom and justice and the Canadian /US values of freedom and justice.

Therefore, any attack on Canada and the United States is an attack on the freedom of Canadian and American Muslims. Any attack on Canada and the United States is an attack on thousands of mosques across North America. It is a duty of every Canadian and American Muslim to safeguard Canada and the USA. They must expose any person, Muslim OR non-Muslim, who would cause harm to fellow Canadians OR Americans. We, Canadian and American Muslims, must condemn and stand up against these attacks on Canada and the United States.

May Allah save Canada, the United States and the entire world from the evil of wrong doers. Ameen.

See the link for the rest...

Peace,

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/11 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
What difference will it make?

When were Muslims attacking the USA or Canada anyway??

Can anyone name one "terrorist attack" that was actually done by Islamic terrorists?

WTC 1993? CIA.
WTC 9/11? CIA.
Trouser bomber? CIA.

Maybe it's time the Jesuit Order and Zionists make their own fatwa not to attack their own people, too.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Can anyone name one "terrorist attack" that was actually done by Islamic terrorists?

Only if I count those that our own security forces were involved in....

So now that you (Mr common sense over here) have arrived, I guess we should all start using logic and whatnot.

Sheesh. That's no fun.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I reckon this is more for non-muslim consumption than trying to stop extremists. For a while now, many non-Muslim peeps have complained that the so-called "moderates" don't seem to stand up and act against the minority causing the trouble, now they can be seen to be doing that. This could also help other moderates feel more at ease at reporting their extremist fellows.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

www.cbc.ca

A group of Canadian and U.S. Islamic leaders on Friday issued a fatwa, or religious edict, declaring that an attack by extremists on the two countries would constitute an attack on the 10 million Muslims living in North America.

The 20 imams associated with the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada said this marked the first fatwa by the Muslim clergy declaring attacks on Canada and the U.S. to be attacks on Muslims.

"In our view, these attacks are evil, and Islam requires Muslims to stand up

Atta boys! See, what happens to pocket groups of resistors when you get the people on the proper orientation of things?

Heh heh...anyways ~ thanks for the good word!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I reckon this is more for non-muslim consumption than trying to stop extremists. For a while now, many non-Muslim peeps have complained that the so-called "moderates" don't seem to stand up and act against the minority causing the trouble, now they can be seen to be doing that. This could also help other moderates feel more at ease at reporting their extremist fellows.

Good point, never thought of it from that angle. Makes sense and is a good move on their part.

In fact, the constitutions of the United States and Canada are very close to the Islamic guiding principles of human rights and freedom. There is no conflict between the Islamic values of freedom and justice and the Canadian /US values of freedom and justice.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but is this necessarily true? Sounds like we are being told what we want to hear and being appeased if you will.

-----------------

At the end of the day, I commend this act to improve relations between Islam and the West. This will go a long way to bridging the divide of cultures we have been experiencing as of late.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
why are Muslims and their leaders so supremacist and apartheid like in their views- why is an attack which involves the death of a Muslim anymore significant or important than the death of bhuddist, atheist whatever.

Why do these backward folk get succour in our supposedly enlightened countries- their statement should simply be opposed to an attack on Canada and the US, regardless of the number of Muslims living there

[edit on 11-1-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

They have to phrase it "Islamically", so that the extremists can't write it off as just sticking up for the "infidels". It's as much politics between the varying degrees and sects within islam as it is showing to us "infidels" that they oppose terrorism.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

They have to phrase it "Islamically", so that the extremists can't write it off as just sticking up for the "infidels". It's as much politics between the varying degrees and sects within islam as it is showing to us "infidels" that they oppose terrorism.

My own opinion is it runs much deeper within the Islamic community that that, the sense of muslim and non muslim (which every religion naturally has, usually spiritually,however, in the physical sense it runs very deep as evidenced by their shariah teachings)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
Alright! Finally my muslim brothers and sisters are finally uniting over this issue. For years now many mainstream groups have been speaking out, and it is very good to know that they are starting to unite on larger scales. I Can only pray that God protects them as they safeguard our nations and their faith.

Really?

Where?

Here in the Dallas area, 570am had a segment on Fridays ____in Dallas. Black, Mexican, Gay, Female, etc.

Then came muslim in Dallas. No takers. They made phone calls to recruit someone. Crickets. Absolutely no one would go on to discuss being muslim.

Ya ll have been absolutely silent...except for the organizations that threaten with lawsuits if anyones nose is even slightly made out of joint.

I ask again. What mainstream groups are you talking about.

If you say CAIR, my head will freakin explode!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join