It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mini ice age starts here

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
I'm in isla mujeres mexico,three miles off the coast of cancun,directly west of cuba.

57 degrees Fahrenheit here.should be at least mid 70s or so.

a mini or full blown ice age would be the same for us,we only live for so long and a mini one could be hundreds of years long.

better learn to ski folks

I was in Tulum this time last year and it was hot, do you live on Isla Mujeres (the island of women?). I went there in 2005, saw my very 1st UFO there, beautiful part of the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Coldest winter in Iowa that anyone can remember! Days in a row when the temperature never gets above zero. Snowed in for days, snowplows can't even get through to open roads for stranded folks, piles of snow so high folks only remember seeing the likes of in photos taken a hundred years ago, caterpillars are the only equipment capable of removing snow!

Iowans don't seem to be complaining much, just saying, it ain't global warming and don't try to sell us on any Climate Bill!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Thanks. If you would be so kinda and post some of your stuff on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I would be grateful.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Were hot, were cold, hot, cold, hot ,cold, this hole bogus global worming stuff is starting to sound like my ex wife.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I bet you don't have to be careful walking out doors because the iquanas are falling out of the trees!

Once all of the Global Warming Ignoramuses fall out of their trees, THEN I will feel safe.

Good Morning Friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Damn hot here in Australia. Adelaide has had 2 or 3 days well over 40 c (no idea what that is for you people with ancient systems), Melbourne also over 40 for a few days. 47 in central New South Wales and fires burning all over the place. We could use a bit of that cool weather down here!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

We had a crazy hot summer in south texas. The hotest on record, but we're also having one of the coldest winters on record.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was in Tulum this time last year and it was hot, do you live on Isla Mujeres (the island of women?). I went there in 2005, saw my very 1st UFO there, beautiful part of the world.

yep i live on the island of women,the most appropriately named island ever.
I'm sorta the volunteer science officer for www.spiralislanders.com
i live with the locals just past the airstrip and this is one of the best places i've ever lived.its a small island so everyone knows you and the jerk to cool people ratio is great.

kinda mad i can't go swimming today,i had to put clothes on this morning!

damn global warming,cooling, whatever

[edit on 11-1-2010 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

They claimed the north Pole would be free of ice in 2008, and 2009, (I think they claimed both years if I remember correctly) yet it didn't happen, and of course now they have to move the date....

I really don't know what will happen next. There are too many NATURAL variables that affect the climate of Earth to say for sure what will happen.

We are in a different region of space, this WAS a theory a few years back that some other members and I said back then, the naysayers were claiming this wasn't true, even though I presented several research papers confirming what I was saying. Now it is being reported as happening.

We could very well be headed towards a new Little Ice Age, or an Ice Age, or the Sun could react violently and increase it's activity at a time when the Earth's magnetic field is very weak, and there are very large breaches forming frequently.

What Michu Kakau says could happen, and we could be facing a bombardment by the sudden high activity of the Sun, which would fry many, if not all electronic systems, and our electrical infraestructure, and could very well be worse than that.

This is something which btw was said many times before by Ed Dames, and people just laughed about it... now it is being said by respected scientists as a real possibility.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I bet you don't have to be careful walking out doors because the iquanas are falling out of the trees!

Once all of the Global Warming Ignoramuses fall out of their trees, THEN I will feel safe.

Good Morning Friend.

Good morning to you Professor, sorry for my tardy reply but frankly I am trying to deny what is the longest cold snap that Florida has seen since 1927!

The conventional wisdom of course amongst the politically correct and their play on words alternate reality is it's no longer global warming but CLIMATE CHANGE!

Science is never at fault nor faulty or manipulated data but just the poor initial planning in coined buzz words!

Climate Change has of course not been caused by Mother Nature who lost her sovereignty in the Federal Reserve Act of 1911 and does not even merrit a seat on the U.N. Security Council!

Climate Change is caused by us humankind, because after a lot of exhaustive study it has been determined that...

A. we are human
B. That because Jesus died for our sins on the cross we are all NO GOOD!

So naturally even though us no good humans can not pinpoint the exact causes or science behind Climate Change, we are not only responsible for Climate Change but must be punished and punished thoroughly in a similiar manner that we are paying for Christ's death...the collection plate!

We must pay and pay we shall for penalizing us money will not turn back the tides of Climate Change but will absolve us of our guilt and responsibility for it, by giving that money to the richest people in the world and the Governments who will spend it wisely on junkettes to the places that are still warm for sun bathing and swimming, and still cold for skiing!

Repeat after me.

Climate Change, I am responsible for Climate Change, I must pay lots and lots of money for Climate Change, Climate Change, Climate Change, Climate Change, beeeeeeeeeep we now interupt this message to bring you a message from the Emergency Broadcasting System, this is not a test, if this were a test you would be advised that it was a test, it is not actually a national or local emergency yet, if it were you would be advised where to go in such case and what to do, instead it is simply a warning about...

Climate change, climate change, climate change, you are getting sleepy, very, very sleepy, now bark like a dog, and stand on one foot!

[edit on 11/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

LOL That my friend made my day. Exceptionally funny. I originally came to ATS thinking I'd find intelligent discussion and serious debate about crazy ideas but now I also find there is a bastion of humour unlooked for.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

There are some very funny people on ATS too in part because some of the topics are just so rediculous that they beg for humor.

The bizarre thing is that some of the most rediculous topics are in fact taken very seriously by the government and the mainstream news media like...Climate Change!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A lot has to do with the way the data is presented.
If you start with the year 1850 to present, the temperatures show an overall warming trend.
But if you start with the year 1930 to present, the temperatures actually show a cooling trend.
So, are we warming up or cooling down ??

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

LOL That my friend made my day. Exceptionally funny. I originally came to ATS thinking I'd find intelligent discussion and serious debate about crazy ideas but now I also find there is a bastion of humour unlooked for.

Protoplasmic Traveler is both humorous, and extremely wise. I have found that his posts always have words of wisdom.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Good morning to you Professor, sorry for my tardy reply but frankly I am trying to deny what is the longest cold snap that Florida has seen since 1927!

We're in the same boat here in the Middle Atlantic, south of the Mason Dixon line. We hadn't seen any snow here in 5 years, but in the last 2 months, we have had three snowstorms. The first one was over 20 inches.
Our heating bill is through the roof.
Anyway, I'll add more later. My wife just called me to dinner, and I'd better go, or else!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

If you start with the year 1850 to present, the temperatures show an overall warming trend. But if you start with the year 1930 to present, the temperatures actually show a cooling trend. So, are we warming up or cooling down ??

I'm glad you brought up those dates.
1850 is recognized as the end of the Little Ice Age. Therefore, it would be shocking if the temperature had not warmed up. However, it was warming up from a drastic drop in world-wide temperatures during the Little Ice Age.
In reality, we are not warming up from the "norm" (if you can even call it such). We were emerging from the Little Ice Age.
Three are now quite a reputable climate scientists that firmly believe that we are headed for another Little Ice Age in the next 30 years.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Of course, the Daily Mail made up a lot stuff for this article, like this whopper about the NSIDC’s work:

As NSIDC Director wrote me, “This is completely false. NSIDC has never made such a statement and we were never contacted by anyone from the Daily Mail. We hope that this is simply a case of very lazy journalism and nothing more.”

In an interview today, [Latif] confirmed that he accepts the IPCC’s finding that most of the warming in the past century was very likely due to human causes — “definitely,” he said.

He remains puzzled and dismayed by articles like those in the Daily Mail...

Call Dr. Latif up and ask him if accepts the IPCC’s finding that, as he put it, most of the warming in the past century was very likely due to human causes. He had me reread the quotes attributed to him a number of times, asking twice, “those are direct quotes?” After I did, he said to me: “I don’t know what to do. They just make these things up.”

Dinky-lin k

More misrepresentation and deception from the denial industry.

Enjoy.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

I was wondering when you would show up. Have you seen any Iguanas falling out of trees there in the UK?

Feast on this article:

Even if all the temperature increase over the last century is attributable to human activities, the rise has been relatively modest one of a little over one degree Fahrenheit — an increase well within natural variations over the last few thousand years.

While an enduring temperature rise of the same size over the next century would cause humanity to make some changes, it would undoubtedly be within our ability to adapt.

Entering a new ice age, however, would be catastrophic for the continuation of modern civilization.

One has only to look at maps showing the extent of the great ice sheets during the last Ice Age to understand what a return to ice age conditions would mean. Much of Europe and North-America were covered by thick ice, thousands of feet thick in many areas and the world as a whole was much colder.

The last “little” Ice Age started as early as the 14th century when the Baltic Sea froze over followed by unseasonable cold, storms, and a rise in the level of the Caspian Sea. That was followed by the extinction of the Norse settlements in Greenland and the loss of grain cultivation in Iceland. Harvests were even severely reduced in Scandinavia And this was a mere foreshadowing of the miseries to come.

By the mid-17th century, glaciers in the Swiss Alps advanced, wiping out farms and entire villages. In England, the River Thames froze during the winter, and in 1780, New York Harbor froze. Had this continued, history would have been very different. Luckily, the decrease in solar activity that caused the Little Ice Age ended and the result was the continued flowering of modern civilization.

There were very few Ice Ages until about 2.75 million years ago when Earth’s climate entered an unusual period of instability. Starting about a million years ago cycles of ice ages lasting about 100,000 years, separated by relatively short interglacial perioods, like the one we are now living in became the rule. Before the onset of the Ice Ages, and for most of the Earth’s history, it was far warmer than it is today.

Indeed, the Sun has been getting brighter over the whole history of the Earth and large land plants have flourished. Both of these had the effect of dropping carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere to the lowest level in Earth’s long history.

Five hundred million years ago, carbon dioxide concentrations were over 13 times current levels; and not until about 20 million years ago did carbon dioxide levels dropped to a little less than twice what they are today.

It is possible that moderately increased carbon dioxide concentrations could extend the current interglacial period. But we have not reached the level required yet, nor do we know the optimum level to reach.

So, rather than call for arbitrary limits on carbon dioxide emissions, perhaps the best thing the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the climatology community in general could do is spend their efforts on determining the optimal range of carbon dioxide needed to extend the current interglacial period indefinitely.

NASA has predicted that the solar cycle peaking in 2022 could be one of the weakest in centuries and should cause a very significant cooling of Earth’s climate. Will this be the trigger that initiates a new Ice Age?

We ought to carefully consider this possibility before we wipe out our current prosperity by spending trillions of dollars to combat a perceived global warming threat that may well prove to be only a will-o-the-wisp.

www.winningreen.com...

Have a nice evening.
The original OP st ated:

n March 2000, Dr David Viner, then a member of the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit, the body now being investigated over the notorious ‘Warmergate’ leaked emails, said that within a few years snowfall would become ‘a very rare and exciting event’ in Britain, and that ‘children just aren’t going to know what snow is’.

Here is that very rare event:

Britain faces a four-day battle against one of the worst winters on record, with transport networks likely to be crippled across much of the country. With the South of England last night expecting the biggest snowfall for more than 20 years, business groups warned that the "deep freeze" could cost the economy up to £2 billion. Forecasters said that up to 16 inches was expected to fall in some counties. This would be the heaviest single snowfall in the region since 1987 when 65cm settled in north Kent. Between 10 per cent and 40 per cent of the workforce could be forced to stay at home. The Met Office issued an emergency warning that “frequent and heavy” snow flurries would continue into the weekend. Such an alert was rivalled only by the one late last year for the floods that brought havoc to the North West. Hampshire, Wiltshire, west Berkshire and Gloucestershire were expected to receive the worst of last night’s weather, with up to 16 inches of snow. A maximum of 15cm was expected on the outskirts of London. Snow to this depth would be the heaviest single fall in southern England since January 1987, when 65cm fell in north Kent.

www.foxnews.com...
Please don't climb any trees. We wouldn't want to lose you.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I hear the weather has been unusually cold in Dixie as well as across the pond in England and Europe.

Personally my vote is on HARRP but I can't prove it of course.

I think that we are manipulating the weather for economic and political and economic reasons.

If we aren't someone else is. This is just not natural!

I get very cranky when it gets below seventy degrees.

Someone will have to pay for it! I just haven't figured out whom yet.

I can assure who ever it is that Santa will not be kind to them this year!

Stay warm Professor.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I was wondering when you would show up. Have you seen any Iguanas falling out of trees there in the UK?

So the fact that Fox and the Daily Mail are deceptively misrepresenting both the NSIDC and Latif isn't important to you? You just want to quickly move on to the next pile of crap?

Figures.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join