It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A small time line of Global Warming Debunking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Was debating if global warming was man made or not. I decided to go through some old news articles I had bookmarked to create something of a time line. I believe that are that man made global warming was devised to allow politicians to initiate new control over the global population.

Source

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007
December 20, 2007
Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called "consensus" on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.

The new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s office of the GOP Ranking Member details the views of the scientists, the overwhelming majority of whom spoke out in 2007.

Even some in the establishment media now appear to be taking notice of the growing number of skeptical scientists. In October, the Washington Post Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking." Many scientists from around the world have dubbed 2007 as the year man-made global warming fears “bite the dust.” (LINK) In addition, many scientists who are also progressive environmentalists believe climate fear promotion has "co-opted" the green movement. (LINK)

source

CATASTROPHIC predictions of global warming usually conjure with the notion of a tipping point, a point of no return.
Actually, no. The head of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has actually acknowledged it. He talks about the apparent plateau in temperatures so far this century. So he recognises that in this century, over the past eight years, temperatures have plateaued ... This is not what you'd expect, as I said, because if carbon dioxide is driving temperature then you'd expect that, given carbon dioxide levels have been continuing to increase, temperatures should be going up ... So (it's) very unexpected, not something that's being discussed.

Source
Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate
July 16, 2008 9:35 PM

The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming. The APS is also sponsoring public debate on the validity of global warming science. The leadership of the society had previously called the evidence for global warming "incontrovertible."

Source

BBC investigated after peer says climate change programme was biased 'one-sided polemic'
]27th September 2008

The BBC is being investigated by television watchdogs after a leading climate change sceptic claimed his views were deliberately misrepresented.

Lord Monckton, a former adviser to Margaret Thatcher, says he was made to look like a ‘potty peer’ on a TV programme that ‘was a one-sided polemic for the new religion of global warming’.

Source

Former astronaut speaks out on global warming
Sunday, February 15, 2009

SANTA FE, N.M. - Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt, who walked on the moon and once served New Mexico in the U.S. Senate, doesn’t believe that humans are causing global warming.

"I don’t think the human effect is significant compared to the natural effect," said Schmitt, who is among 70 skeptics scheduled to speak next month at the International Conference on Climate Change in New York.

Schmitt contends that scientists "are being intimidated" if they disagree with the idea that burning fossil fuels has increased carbon dioxide levels, temperatures and sea levels.

Source

Arctic Sea Ice Underestimated for Weeks Due to Faulty Sensor
February 20, 2009

A glitch in satellite sensors caused scientists to underestimate the extent of Arctic sea ice by 500,000 square kilometers (193,000 square miles), a California- size area, the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center said.

The error, due to a problem called “sensor drift,” began in early January and caused a slowly growing underestimation of sea ice extent until mid-February. That’s when “puzzled readers” alerted the NSIDC about data showing ice-covered areas as stretches of open ocean, the Boulder, Colorado-based group said on its Web site.

“Sensor drift, although infrequent, does occasionally occur and it is one of the things that we account for during quality- control measures prior to archiving the data,” the center said. “Although we believe that data prior to early January are reliable, we will conduct a full quality check.’’

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Source
Scientists meet to dispute global warming theory

The Conference is definitely international in scope. Opening the conference is Vaclav Klaus, president of the Czech Republic and the European Union. When it comes to manmade global warming, Klaus calls that a myth. He is also an outspoken critic of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and says the panel is one-sided and has a political agenda.
Featured at the conference will be more than 70 scientists who do not subscribe to the notion that so-called global warming is driven by manmade emissions of carbon dioxide, one of those being Harrison "Jack" Schmitt -- one of the last astronauts to walk on the moon.

Source

Global warming appears to have stalled. Climatologists are puzzled as to why average global temperatures have stopped rising over the last 10 years. Some attribute the trend to a lack of sunspots, while others explain it through ocean currents.

At least the weather in Copenhagen is likely to be cooperating. The Danish Meteorological Institute predicts that temperatures in December, when the city will host the United Nations Climate Change Conference, will be one degree above the long-term average.

update: www.dailysquib.co.uk...

Source
Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realise just why the boffins at CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

One of the alleged emails has a gentle gloat over the death in 2004 of John L Daly (one of the first climate change sceptics, founder of the Still Waiting For Greenhouse site), commenting:

“In an odd way this is cheering news.”

But perhaps the most damaging revelations – the scientific equivalent of the Telegraph’s MPs’ expenses scandal – are those concerning the way Warmist scientists may variously have manipulated or suppressed evidence in order to support their cause.

Here are a few tasters.

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Source
Rigging a Climate 'Consensus'
About those emails and 'peer review.'
NOVEMBER 27, 2009, 7:02 P.M. ET
The climatologists at the center of the leaked email and document scandal have taken the line that it is all much ado about nothing. Yes, the wording of their messages was unfortunate, but they insist this in no way undermines the underlying science. They're ignoring the damage they've done to public confidence in the arbiters of climate science.
Phil Jones, director of the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit, from which the emails were lifted, is singing from the same climate hymnal. "My colleagues and I accept that some of the published emails do not read well. I regret any upset or confusion caused as a result. Some were clearly written in the heat of the moment, others use colloquialisms frequently used between close colleagues," he said this week.

Source
HERE are the 100 reasons, released in a dossier issued by the European Foundation, why climate change is natural and not man-made:

Antarctic ice cap is indeed growing

Antarctica has 90 per cent of the Earth's ice and 80 per cent of its fresh water. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilisation of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international headlines this month.

However, the picture is very different in east Antarctica, which includes the territory claimed by Australia.

East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades".

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html] Source

The bitter winter afflicting much of the Northern Hemisphere is only the start of a global trend towards cooler weather that is likely to last for 20 or 30 years, say some of the world’s most eminent climate scientists.

Their predictions – based on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans – challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy’s most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in
summer by 2013.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate
July 16, 2008 9:35 PM

The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming. The APS is also sponsoring public debate on the validity of global warming science. The leadership of the society had previously called the evidence for global warming "incontrovertible."

This article is grossly misleading. The "dissenting" view was pushed by one ignorant editor who published a previously debunked paper by that right wing corporate schill Lord Monckton himself (who is NOT a physicist).

If you go to the newsletter itself you will see that the APS has added this disclaimer at the top:

The following article has not undergone any scientific peer review, since that is not normal procedure for American Physical Society newsletters. The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007: "Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate."

This is a perfect example of how Denier propagandists like Monckton skew the truth to make you believe there is more doubt than actually exists.

If you really want to "debate" whether global warming is man made or not I suggest taking a more thorough look at BOTH sides of the issue and see how denier stooges like these are constantly misrepresenting the issues themselves. I suggest watching some of the videos in these two threads for a start:

Great series debunking GW-denial pseudo-science

Reality of Climate Change - Hacked E-mails Debunked

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hope that people add to this from both sides. To clarify It is not my belief that global warming does exist, and it is probable that humans have had made some impact. I also believe that this change has been taken out of proportion in an effort to impose strong global control laws.

I am also 100% for advancing technology and reducing our foot print. As humans we should strive to improve on technology. In short, If you can produce the same amount of light using a fraction of the energy, why the hell wouldn't you.

Here's some more links.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.investors.com...
www.beaufortobserver.net...
businessandmedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Too bad so many people have been sucked into the Global Warming Scam. AGW is just total BS designed to make a lot of money for a few people who have positioned themselves to clean up on trading bogus carbon credits.

The real issue is not GW, and the hysteria has taken attention away from the real issue of global temperature drop which will eventually cause the starvation of millions.

Unfortunately we are at a point where the GW insanity has infected so many people and they have become so fanatic about it that they now blame record low temperatures and massive snowstorm on warming.
Seems to me at this point only time will tell.

I am placing my bet on the side of global cooling. It is obvious to me that there are two things which dictate the climate on Earth, the Sun and Volcanoes. For over two years now the Sun has been quiet and current forecasts predict a continuation of the calm. IF Sunspot activity stays at the low levels it has been for the last 2 years I am convinced we will either this year or in 2011 have a summer in the Northern hemisphere that is not a summer...which will result in widespread crop failures and a worldwide food shortage. I just hope the idiots who are worried about GW do not convince governments to do things regarding weather control which will make an already bad situation even worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be

The art of propaganda lies in understanding the emotional ideas of the great masses and finding, through a psychologically correct form, the way to the attention and thence to the heart of the broad masses. The fact that our bright boys do not understand this merely shows how mentally lazy and conceited they are

Hitler on Propaganda - in Chapter 6 of Mein Kampf

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

ever wonder how many times you hear global warming or climate change a day?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What's hilarious and also incredibly sad is the climate change deniers are actually the one's who have been duped and made to look like the fools they are.

new topics

top topics

join