It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering All Questions!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Moral question eh?

Okay let's assume God is real for the basis of this question and heaven and hell exists.

Two men have died.

First man = A religious man who has done absolutely nothing spectacular with his life, but has followed the codes of the bible to every attainable degree, and has lived a life of purity and innocence but has essentially done nothing for the world but has accepted Jesus into his life.

The second man is an atheist who has never believed in God, but once saved a child from drowning in a pond. He has never accepted Jesus into his life.

Why then , without Jesus does the Atheist go to Hell or Limbo (assuming his disbelief does not override the idea that hell exists) yet he has lived a morally stronger life without the aid of a book?

Yet the religious man who has done nothing is allowed into heaven?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Good job Edrick. I have been thinking about the morality of the human race for a few years now, and have watched how it has decayed in my 54 years of being here.
So what I am going to do is tell you what I have figured out, and see if you have the same answer that I came up with. I have always had the feeling that we are being programmed with less and less good morals over the years. As to why we are being programmed in this way, well, as I see it, this is a good way for the government/TPTB, call them what you will, to say, well it`s time to take control of the population, or in other words, it`s time to make this a police state when those with no morals gets out of control.
In other words, it is nothing more then an excuse to take total control over the masses. This is no different from the welfare state we have become over the years. Where is the morality in that? There is none. TPTB want us dependent on them for everything. Another good excuse to take more control away from the people. I can go on and on about this.

Now, my question to you is, what is your take on the morality issue, and what do you feel caused it to drop so low over the last few years?

[edit on 28-1-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Okay let's assume God is real for the basis of this question and heaven and hell exists.

Assumption Noted.

Why then , without Jesus does the Atheist go to Hell or Limbo (assuming his disbelief does not override the idea that hell exists) yet he has lived a morally stronger life without the aid of a book?

Yet the religious man who has done nothing is allowed into heaven?

From my understanding of scripture, and general Christian religious knowledge.

The reason is that the Athiest CANNOT enter heaven.

The basic premise, is that Heaven is not a "Reward" per se.... but the "Joining with God" to an extent.

One who has accepted Jesus into their heart, has accepted that they are a lesser part of God, and are completely subject to his will.

Thus, are ready to rejoin with the creator.

One who does not believe in the Creator, cannot thusly join with the creator.

So, they are sent to "Hell" or "Separation" from the Divine.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Now, my question to you is, what is your take on the morality issue, and what do you feel caused it to drop so low over the last few years?

The moral issue IS being programmed, but not for the purpose of "So the Government can Step in"

The purpose is the destruction of Family Ties, which is a Competing power with Government, and thus, a threat to their power.

Each corruption has a specific purpose.

Increased Sexuality is programmed into us for the purpose of weakening emotional ties between two individuals (Man and Woman) and thus, removes the stable family from all subsequent children's lives.

The state wants to indoctrinate the children in school, daycare, etc.. and the Parents are a competing source of Education and "Culture".

Same thing with Grandparents... they are removed into "Homes" to remove the wisdom of the past from the Culture.

IT's sort of Orwellian in nature.

TPTB want to remove our Morals, in order to Replace them with morals that benefit them, instead of US.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I agree with you. But understand, they do step in to take control over people, and it happens everyday. Child and Family services is a prime example of this. They are the ones who do the dirty work all in the name of humanity and society. Not that everything they do is wrong, but they ARE the ones who can split up families. The PTB may not be doing this all at one time, but they are doing it one family at a time.
I thank you for your view on this Edrick.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What is the most powerful AND most expensive Personal computers a person can buy??? I am not talking about custom PCs, Im talking about PCs that are already built.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

What is the most powerful AND most expensive Personal computers a person can buy??? I am not talking about custom PCs, Im talking about PCs that are already built.

THAT, is a very difficult question to answer.

And even if I answer completely correctly, I am sure to be wrong by tomorrow.

All disclaimers Aside, lets dive into this one, shall we?

First Off, we have the Apple Mac Pro:

2 X 2.26Ghz quad core "Nehalem" processors
6 X 1gb memory
640Gb HD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB
$3,299.00

store.apple.com...

Next, we have the AlienWare "Area 51 ALX":
3.86Ghz Overclocked Quad core i7 975 processor
12Gb DDR3 memory
2TB RAID HD (Expandable)
Dual 2gb ATI Radeon (SLI) HD 5970
$7,400.00

www.dell.com...

So.. those appear to be the best currently.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What are the number of planes that went down (crashed, or missing) worldwide, from 2000-2010??

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Edrick,

I believe in consciousness. I believe that there is life after death.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you think of this thread? If this was true wouldn't it contradict most of what I have become to believe in.. Most of what is written on ATS about our consciousness..

I don't believe in everything that it states but what if they are close? What if we were made completely by aliens.. Do they also feel?

[edit on 1/30/2010 by OShtey]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

But...what say you about the latest offerring from"Apple"

The "iPad"

OK---I get the reference, for Star Trek geeks....(like me, as example

BUT, the term "pad" has caused controversy, because of conotations...

HOW must the 'Apple" Conpany fix this PR disiaster?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How long and how much money will it take to make a tunnel going from United States to Europe??

Have Fun With That Question. HaHaHa

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

What are the number of planes that went down (crashed, or missing) worldwide, from 2000-2010??

aviation-safety.net...

www.planecrashinfo.com...

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OShtey

What do you think of this thread?

It is an interesting thread, and it raises certain questions regarding the "Noah's Ark" Story.

I don't believe in everything that it states but what if they are close? What if we were made completely by aliens.. Do they also feel?

I have it under good authority that Aliens have "Emotions" but they are much more subdued than OUR Emotions.

So yes... they "Feel" but they feel differently than us.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

But...what say you about the latest offerring from"Apple"

The "iPad"

OK---I get the reference, for Star Trek geeks....(like me, as example

BUT, the term "pad" has caused controversy, because of conotations...

HOW must the 'Apple" Conpany fix this PR disiaster?

The product looks interesting.

The only problem, is that this "Pad" idea has been done before, MANY times, and each time it never really takes off.

So they are battling against quite a tradition with their newest product.

As far as battling bad publicity..... well you know what they say, "Even Bad publicity is still publicity"

I would say that the connotations to feminine hygiene products would not hurt them very much.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

How long and how much money will it take to make a tunnel going from United States to Europe??

Well, the Chunnel project cost 21 billion dollars, and that spanned 31 miles.

So, by extrapolation, 1500 miles (Roughly) from USA to Europe would cost:

$2,214,285,714,285 (2.2 Trillion Dollars)

The only problem would be the Mid Atlantic fault line between the North American plate and the Eurasian plate.

That would destroy the tunnel.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I got 2.

- "take it with a grain of salt" (i know what it means to a degree, but how did it come to be, where did it originate?)

- RSVP ( again, know what it means, but not exactly sure what it stands for.)

I guess i could go and find the answers myself, but isn't this why you made this thread?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

"take it with a grain of salt" (i know what it means to a degree, but how did it come to be, where did it originate?)

(With) a grain of salt is a literal translation of a Latin phrase, (cum) grano salis.

Since in Italy "to have salt in your pumpkin" (avere sale in zucca - pumpkin is a funny way to say "head") means to have intelligence and reasoning capabilities, "grain of salt" often means "a little bit of intelligence". So, "cum grano salis", in its latin form, it is often used when it is needed to show that intelligence and personal judgement are needed, as in "I drink wine cum grano salis since I must drive" (with care, moderately) or "please, repair this electric cable cum grano salis" (not scanting, thinking to the consequences or dangers).

The phrase comes from Pliny the Elder's Naturalis Historia, regarding the discovery of a recipe for an antidote to a poison. In the antidote, one of the ingredients was a grain of salt. Threats involving the poison were thus to be taken "with a grain of salt" and therefore less seriously. An alternative account says that the Roman general Pompey believed he could make himself immune to poison by ingesting small amounts of various poisons, and he took this treatment with a grain of salt to help him swallow the poison. In this version, the salt is not the antidote, it was taken merely to assist in swallowing the poison.

-Wikipedia

- RSVP ( again, know what it means, but not exactly sure what it stands for.)

RSVP is a French Acronym "Répondez S'il Vous Plaît" meaning "Answer Please"

I guess i could go and find the answers myself, but isn't this why you made this thread?

Indeed!

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sweet
i would have never gused RSVP to be a french acronym, thanx for the intell, another satisfied customer. Thanx

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here's another one for you:

Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world today?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arell

Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the world today?

www.globalchange.umich.edu...

Combined with:

www.theglobaleducationproject.org...

High life expectancy + High fertility rate = High Growth.

-Edrick

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join