It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering All Questions!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I seem to be finding it very hard to get over a certain lady in my life...

Most people are suggesting that i go out and be social in an attempt to fornicate with a lady other than the one i love.

This is not happening for two reasons:

A) Confidence vs alcohol ratio. - without a drink im shy, with a drink im an idiot

B) I partially don't wanna get involved with some one else because i still love the ex.

Therefore, how do i A) get over the ex and convince myself that there might be a lovely lady out there?

B) how do i then build up the confidence to approach said lady without appearing like a stammering fool / drunken lout?

Wishing for the past is something that effects us all at some point.

What is important to understand is that it IS the past.

In all likelihood, what you are wishing for, will not happen. (Getting back together with her)

What is absolutely IMPERATIVE, is that you realize that you are WORTH MORE than to live your life pining over what could have been.

You have to learn to Value yourself, to learn that you *DESERVE* to be happy.

You have to understand that you do *NOT* deserve to place yourself in a situation in which you are consistently not happy.

No woman is worth pining for.

To think that another human being is required for your happiness is to degrade yourself.

Confidence is usually a requirement for men, to acquire the affection of women.

Women do not like guys with low self esteem.

And if you base your Confidence and self esteem on what a woman thinks of you, they you have set yourself up in a catch 22.

A self defeating Paradox.

The best way to acquire the confidence you seek...

Is to do it as much as you can.

Rejection is a part of the Dance.... and fearing rejection, and letting that drag your confidence down, is what is hurting you.

Instead of looking for a special woman to ask out, and worrying about having enough confidence.

What you should do is to ask out *EVERY* woman you meet.

You will get rejected... *ALOT*, but you will get used to it.

IT will weigh less heavy on your mind, you will learn to ignore the fear of rejection.

If you do not FEAR being alone, you will not FEAR, rejection.

Once you are over your fear of rejection, you will exude confidence that women will pick up on, and be attracted to.

Thus, your problem will go from "Lack" to "Overabundance"

"Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."
-Bruce Lee

THAT, Grasshopper... is Step 1.

-Edrick

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Now you say that there is an after life, Then how do you account for the severing of the Corpus Callosum resulting in two distinct consciousnesses in isolation, while the patient is only perceptually aware of one? How are there two distinct wills acting independently and agnostic of each other - yet a seemingly single conscious observer who is unaware of either of them being separate? This just proves consciousness exists in the brain. Dosent it??????

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Now you say that there is an after life, Then how do you account for the severing of the Corpus Callosum resulting in two distinct consciousnesses in isolation, while the patient is only perceptually aware of one? How are there two distinct wills acting independently and agnostic of each other - yet a seemingly single conscious observer who is unaware of either of them being separate? This just proves consciousness exists in the brain. Dosent it??????

Because the brain is what controls the body.

And the body is how people perceive other peoples "Consciousness"

IT's closest analouge would be a Car.

If the steering goes bad, we would not say that the driver is crazy, would we?

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No I mean that if we separate the left from the right hemisphere, we get two consciousnesses, so it shows that we really aren’t one entity. Like, do you have any good scientific theories how consciousness exists?? Cause if you do it would probably make that answer ALOT better.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No I mean that if we separate the left from the right hemisphere, we get two consciousnesses, so it shows that we really aren’t one entity. Like, do you have any good scientific theories how consciousness exists?? Cause if you do it would probably make that answer ALOT better.

Ah, what is Consciousness, eh?

What causes it?

What does it mean?

This is one of the BIG questions... the REAL big questions.

The easiest answer is that consciousness is Self Awareness.

One could argue that MANY consciousnesses exist simultaneously inside of every human being.

Consciousness could be defined as the ability to perceive, make memories, and understand ones own existence WITHIN those perceptions.

So, the left and right sides of the brain BOTH do this, although in a decidedly different way.

Therefore, one could sever communication between the two sides and you WOULD get two distinct personalities, because you have created two distinct sets of perceptions, memories linked to perceptions, and awareness based on those connections.

But the only way we can actually KNOW these things, is by observing other people.

And those observations are NOT of their consciousness, but of their outward behaviors.

So, it does not really tell us that much about the nature of conscience.

Only on what we PERCEIVE to be the nature of conscience.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good Answer lol. Another question. How much radiation does a computer give off in a day? is it comparable to a chest x-ray? I know a chest x-ray gives off around .01 msv. What about a laptop or a computer??

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good Answer lol. Another question. How much radiation does a computer give off in a day? is it comparable to a chest x-ray? I know a chest x-ray gives off around .01 msv. What about a laptop or a computer??

In order to express this, it is important to understand the two different types of radiation.

Electromagnetic Radiation

And

Particle Radiation.

Electromagnetic radiation is basically photons of any frequency... such as visible light, infrared, radio, microwave, and gamma rays.

Particle Radiation is an energetic particle, such as an electron, or proton.

Furthermore, Radiation can be classified as Ionizing, and Non-Ionizing radiation.

Non-Ionizing radiation is benign, and relatively harmless, usually in the form of low energy photons, typically anything with a wavelength less than x rays.

Ionizing radiation can include high energy electrons from Beta particle Decay, High energy photons (Gamma, X-ray) from Gamma decay, and energetic alpha particles (Protons, high energy Hydrogen nuclei)

Ionizing radiation is the dangerous stuff, and is only found as a nuclear byproduct, or from High energy electron emitters (X-Ray Source)

By comparison, the average computer only emits non ionizing radiation, therefore, does not register as a "Radiation" source.

-Edrick

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about cell phones? Is it bad to sleep next to my Iphone? Also i have a laptop about half a foot away from my head when i sleep. Is this bad for my brain and health?

[edit on 1/21/2010 by OShtey]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OShtey

How about cell phones? Is it bad to sleep next to my Iphone? Also i have a laptop about half a foot away from my head when i sleep. Is this bad for my brain and health?

While there is no Ionizing radiation coming from your laptop, or Iphone, there is still low energy radiation, and high frequency magnetic flux.

The main danger of radiation, is that of Genetic Mutation.

www.ans.org...

Ionizing radiation has the power to "Hit" parts of your DNA, and corrupt it.

This sometimes leads to an uncontrolled reproduction of that specific cell, causing Cancer.

The higher the energy of the Radiation, the more likely that it will cause these kinds of dangerous mutations.

Low energy radiation, can be JUST as dangerous (Skin Cancer and UV rays, for example)

The only difference is that Ionizing radiation has a MUCH HIGHER probability of causing this sort of damage.

Magnetic flux has the possibility of doing this as well, and its effects are dependant upon its frequency, power, and proximity to you, as well as exposure time.

Cell phones are more dangerous than Iphones, because they are Radio Transmitters.

Most cell phones operate in the MegaHertz to GigaHertz range. (Low energy)

While visible light, is in the TeraHertz to PetaHertz range.

X-Rays are in the ExoHertz range, and Gamma Rays are in the ZetaHertz Range.

The higher the frequency, the more energetic the Radiation, the easier it is to pass through your body.

So, while there IS a chance of your cell phone giving you cancer, it is much less than an X-Ray machine.

But, your exposure time to your cell phone is MUCH greater than that of an X-Ray... which is the real danger.

mc2.gulf-pixels.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What about a microwave? Does it radiate my food?? Does it destroy any nutrients?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What about a microwave? Does it radiate my food?? Does it destroy any nutrients?

The microwave emits photons in the absorption spectrum of water.

So, technically, YES, the microwave DOES radiate your food... but then again, sunlight is radiation also.

The main detrimental effect of Microwave ovens as compared to traditional heating appliances is the effect of high (Relative) frequency electromagnetic radiation in polarizing molecular structures.

Since the atoms in molecules are held together by electron bonds, altering the polarity of certain parts of a molecule could break apart these molecules.

Hemoglobin, for example, can deteriorate in microwave exposure, and certain complex chain molecules (Hydrocarbons, like starches) can be broken down also.

So, in short, Microwaving your food is less safe than heating it conventionally... but the overall effects are small.

The basics of microwaves in destroying the nutrients in food is in its ratios.

If you microwave food, SOME (The smallest of fractions) of the molecules are GOING to be destroyed.

The amount, is dependent upon the length of time the food is exposed to this radiation.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

That was an Excellent explaination there Edrick ! You ARE Da Answer Man ! ............

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

What is you favorite sidearm?

Which in your opinion is a better CQB weapon the FNP90 or the M4?

Secure

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

What is you favorite sidearm?

Colt M1911 .45 APC
en.wikipedia.org...

Which in your opinion is a better CQB weapon the FNP90 or the M4?

The weapons compare similarly in close and long range accuracy,and Kevlar penetration.

Although the M4 has a slightly higher muzzle velocity, this performance is overshadowed by the FNP90's (5.7x28mm cartridge) higher "Yaw" rate upon entry of the projectile into the target (Which creates more damage.)

Furthermore, the M4's design is marred by jamming, and frequent overheating on extended full auto fire. (Heat dissipation later fixed as M4A1 refit of thicker barrel under the hand-guard)

Overall, the FNP90's 5.7x28mm cartridge exhibits better stopping power than the M4 5.56x45mm "NATO" cartridge, due to the superior Yawing performance upon impact.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

This is MORE LIKE IT! EL is the Hebrew name for god.

www.hebrew4christians.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This red leather number with the zip... or
my suede one-piece with matching boots?

Which?... skirt or dress.
Please assist me Edrick.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

This red leather number with the zip... or
my suede one-piece with matching boots?

Which?... skirt or dress.
Please assist me Edrick.

I am afraid that I cannot answer your question without a necessary qualifying statement.

Are you asking me which would look better?

Which would be more comfortable?

Which would be more affordable?

Etc, etc, etc....

Please provide more detail for a meaningful answer.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmm, this is interesting.....

What's in store for Russia in the near future?? (1-5 years from now)

Oh, and if you would be so kind, another question....

Will the Pak-Fa T-50 be shown this year?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

What's in store for Russia in the near future?? (1-5 years from now)?

Russia is taking part in the new financial system (replacing the American Bretton Woods Agreement) and is poised to be a strong global contender.

The emphasis on Nano-Research for commercial applications will serve Russia well, as well as the abundant reserves that the nation has, will assist its complete recovery from post cold war lows.

Partnership with China will assist both parties, as the secret societies of both nations are currently fighting a secret war with (And winning against) the current "Illuminati", of the Rockafeller / Rothschild group.

Current political tensions caused by alliances between russia and some middle eastern nations will be the first indication of the collapse of the Western "Secret" powers, and the revitalization of the global economic system.

Will the Pak-Fa T-50 be shown this year?

The Pak-Fa-T-50 is set to be unveiled with preliminary test flights this year.

en.rian.ru...

However, mass production is not set to begin until 2015, this will probably be stepped up in light of the collapse of the current global financial system.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

It's okay Edrick, I went with the boa and the chiffon,
the guys loved it!
I have one more, if you'll indulge me?

Why is it, that no matter who gets into power, we churn
out the same conspiracy crap about them?
It's gone on for the last 40 years that I know about...
Is there no honest guys or gals left in the world?
Was there ever?

Hmmm.... now, what high heels to wear?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join