It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos of soldiers abusing Iraqi children and Animals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No one that I have seen is justifying in any way what was on these video's. No One. What is going on is people are pointing out that its not every soldier over there. These soldiers capable of these acts are the same soldiers that would do these same acts wherever they are. In their backyards, on the streets in the barracks in their homes or wherever. It may make it easier for them to get away with it because of where they are but make no mistakes these AH would be doing the same things where ever they are.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by DOADOA

how and why do people even bother to justify these kind of cruelty. it's ok to be patriotic, but you have to realize at one point, things have gone too far.

Who's justifying any of these acts?

Show me exactly where I've tried to justify anything that has been posted.

Also, I'm from the UK, patriotism does not factor into anything that US soldiers do?

"They may be sickening but in the grand scheme of things the majority don’t stand out, the first one is a run of the mill animal cruelty case except with a smoke round instead of a baseball bat or what have you; the second is a bit of a badly judged joke; the third was all over the news for several weeks I have no idea how you missed that; the fourth and fifth are, again, just standard animal cruelty cases as can be found on civvy street; the sixth is just a random person in a garage who could very well be making up stories (you can’t report on something so unsubstantiated); the seventh is again standard animal cruelty fare and the eighth I can’t open so I can’t comment on"

there you go.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

The amount of soldiers here constitutes fewer amounts of crime per ration to the normal people than in the US civilian world.

May I ask why you think humans are any different be is soldier or civilian? there's always psychos. And I say again, their percentage in the army is less than in the civilian world!.

My only objection is the candy video. That's a joke. Get over it. The rest are crazies.

But again, I don't know why you blame all for the actions of the few. Isn't that the same mentality.. oh I don't know... these soldiers are showing?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I'm still struggling to see where I justified anything. You do know what that word means don't you?

Justify

To justify a decision, action, or idea means to show or prove that it is reasonable or necessary

www.google.co.uk...

Did I do that? No I didn't, what I did say was that they weren't newsworthy for the reasons I set out in that quote, something you decided to omit.

I am justifying the lack of media interest in the majority of what was posted but that is not what you said is it.

Now please, show me where I justified the acts described or shown in the OP; i.e. where did I say that any were reasonable or necessary.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow, I shed a few tears on this one guys honestly. Thats really sad. I wonder if I offered the soldiers son some candy then a grenade to see how he would react. Pig!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Ok so again, if I came up to your child and told him I had candy then pointed a gun in his face you would laught at me for doing that. Seriously, WOW.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by Mike_A

Raping a girl 10 times , then the shame of it causes her to hang herself??

And the sick POS laughs about it??

Your right , no story there.

WINNING HEARTS and CHANGING MINDS

In the close part of the Iraq world we have this story and it is their laws.
Here in the UK you can be jailed for animal cruelty, that is our laws.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A 23-year-old British woman on holiday in Dubai told police she had been raped, only to be arrested herself for having illegal sexual intercourse.
The woman, a Muslim of Pakistani descent, was celebrating her engagement to her 44-year-old boyfriend, and was allegedly attacked when she passed out in a hotel lavatory.

Despite approaching police about the attack, she was arrested after admitting to "illegal drinking" outside licensed premises as well as having sexual intercourse outside marriage. Her fiancé was also charged with the same offences.

Text

The Soldiers have lost some of their moral codes, or they have been made blunt to deal with death around them so they behave this way. But in the Middle East some authorities use this behavour as moral code even if the priorities are wrong in everyway, these soldiers are not under a law that says do these things.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers.
In a rare criticism of the kingdom's powerful "mutaween" police, the Saudi media has accused them of hindering attempts to save 15 girls who died in the fire on Monday.

Text

As for Dogs I don't think Muslims or the people in the Middle east like them either, so if you would complain about this recorded abuse of dogs then throw in Islam's treatment of Dogs, because I doubt they are treated well either.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A conservative Iranian cleric has denounced the "moral depravity" of owning a dog, and called for the arrest of all dogs and their owners.
Dogs are considered unclean in Islamic law and the spread of dog ownership in Westernised secular circles in Iran is frowned upon by the religious establishment.

"I demand the judiciary arrest all dogs with long, medium or short legs - together with their long-legged owners," Hojatolislam Hassani is quoted as saying in the reformist Etemad newspaper.

"Otherwise I'll do it myself," said the outspoken cleric, who leads Friday prayers in the north-western city of Urumiyeh.

"In our country there is freedom of speech, but not freedom for corruption," he said.

Text

He has got a point of freedom of corruption like how many Mosques being built across Christian parts of Europe and yet the demand of Crosses taken out of schools and colleges while they set up prayer rooms there is a bit of a double standard to freeworld anyway.

Before people look down at our incidents and shame, we should also see that maybe some people have laws and religious beliefs based on the very actions we know are wrong, it is a shame that the freeworld where English speaking soldiers do morally wrong but out there there are whole nations that have laws based on some of these behavours issues and they get away with it, it is a shame that some have gone down to that level, but it is not a national law that whole nations can be frown upon, in China they eat Dogs too.

So don't be too against your own country and people, sometimes they do wrong but the bigger picture is that the whole army is trying to stop these harsh laws and free people while a few break the moral codes.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thank you, I was going to comment on this but since you did, no need. This is Blatant exageration to smear the soldiers even more than necessary. Ridiculous. I don't condone misuse of power and I don't condone misuse of media to imply one thing when its truly another. I'll say it again, walk a mile in a soldiers shoes before you begin to understand them. Its not all MRE's and sand over there.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You should rephrase some of these video clips for what they are. I didn't know screaming at a dog was torture........Give me a break!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am really surprised that any one still believes the western medias portrayal of 'our brave boys'. Do people really think that our soldiers are running about like Sylvester Stallone or Tom Cruise in some film taking out the baddies single handedly, rescuing small children and then getting the girl at the end?

No they're not, they're raping, torturing and killing, (at least two of those things can and have been carried out under orders). War is a terrible business, it's not heroic and our soldiers choose to take part in it however misguided they might be.

About 80% of the estimated 100,000 people killed in Iraq are women and children. For some reason we don't see pictures of dead babies and families on our news everyday but there is constant coverage of our few thousand casualties. Surely I don't need to spell out who the culprits are that follow orders and are dropping indiscriminate mortar bombs on these people. Animal cruelty really doesn't surprise me considering what these people carry out on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
this is, wow these soldiers deserve to be raped and beat so they know what it is these acts are unforgiveble and deserve death, those kids that got beat they will grow up to hate britain and the united states i hope that these soldiers who did these things get what they deserve im not cruel its just things like this just make my blood boil

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh so that's why America is in Iraq... To abuse children and dogs.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
While it is horrible whats in some of these videos.......it's not all of our troops that do things like this. However the I hate America brigade will soon arrive to make it so and the star and flag fest will begin. I bet the usual players show up in no time. There are some of us, in fact the large majority, who have served with honor, and to paint all US troops and vets with the same brush, is just as disgusting to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's beyond sick, they let any jackass join the army. I would join just so that i could catch someone doing these sort of acts and put a bullet in their head...or just join those rebelling against them. Sick f**ks, can absolutely see why people would try and blow them up.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I forced myself to watch these to be knowledgeable but there's not that much really going on here...

The guys drinking beer and talking - who knows...

killing dogs? It's a stinking WAR, of course you need to kill dogs so they don't attack you! If a big ol' dog is keeping me from searching a house I need to search, then I would kill the dog too. [Although I would NEVER, EVER be a soldier so it's a moot point.]

The supposed mastrurbation while kid gets beaten seems nothing of the sort. We don't know the story - a bunch of soldiers rush in and beat some people including some kids. Bad - yes, part of war - probably.

This is propoganda. I'm not for the war at all but these videos don't show a thing.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's the part that was on cameras, the good part. The bad parts are probably the things witnesses would never even want to mention ever to anyone let alone record on a cam.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I call hoax. Haven't most of these videos been already proven to be fakes. The rape story is real, but the soldiers were convicted and sent to prison, not promised virgins in heaven.

Unless there is some additional news sources, this thread should be thrown in the hoax bin.

In the video of the soldiers beating the boys, one of the soldiers looks right at the camera.

Not to mention the supposed soldiers are wearing tennis shoes.

Notice how the film breaks from the original scene, to where the soldiers drag the boys behind the short wall.

This stuff only makes ATS look bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This makes one realize how serious all of the MSM propaganda really is. This country really is literally getting brainwashed. Its 1984...just a different shade of it....a different twist. This is disgusting. The most clever concept is, though: we are here living in this "democratic, freedom-spreading country" and we sit here behind our laptops/PCs chatting away about this stuff, arguing about it...but not really doing anything about it. The people that do go out and protest dont get coverage anyway...their numbers are too small that it is too easy to marginalize them. We sit here and yell...and that is all we do.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBO6

A gun can go off. A grenade will not until a lot of stress. It's as simple as that. A joke in chem class was to go" Thirsty? here, have some Potassium!" and the professor would wave a small tube of it near the kid's boiling water. Same situation. Except it's not a grenade or gun. it's chemical explosives.

You're too pathetic if you take that video as a threat. The rest were actual injuries. I also note that the kid laughed too!

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
These acts are sickening, yes, but...

You do realize that a wide range of people enter the armed services right? So statistically, there is just as good of a chance of finding these kinds of sick SOB's in the general populous. I know. I went to high school

Yes soldiers are held to a higher standard than civvies but are you really surprised that they're not all perfect?

Making generalizations means making the assumption that all US troops are like this. And you know what they say about assuming? It makes an @$$ out of "u" and "me". But mainly you because you're the one who's generalizing.

On a related note: this always happens to the biggest kid on the block. People spread rumors like no tomorrow. We go in, and the world hates us (the ME). We stay out, and they ask where we were (Rwanda).

You know what, my fellow Americans? I'm tired of being on the top of the power structure. I say let China become the new world power so we can step out of the firing line of this massive ****storm and start improving our country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join