It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we are not alone in this part of the Galaxy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Absolutely agree stanlee.
Our science knows so much about everything until it is proved that they are mistaken especially when it comes to Astrophysics and Astro-biology .
For years science was convinced the Mars Polar caps were formed by CO2 and we were unlikely to find any water on Mars .

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Here it is for you mate
I think its enough to scare the bejesus out of them if they receive it

www.bebo.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wonder why just recently our governments have begun to put extensive search into Earth like planets.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Love that bebo have got a profile for it, going to be fun checking that out in 2050 when we're due a message back!

Although saying that, isnt it a worry that the first messages sent to any possible aliens living in this system comes from members of a social networking site? Cant imagine what humans reactions would be if we recieved something similar from aliens.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Signals

Here it is for you mate
I think its enough to scare the bejesus out of them if they receive it

www.bebo.com...

Thanks! This thread also begs the question....If we get a response, will it be shared with the public?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Reply to Bluebelle
Although saying that, isnt it a worry that the first messages sent to any possible aliens living in this system comes from members of a social networking site?

LOL at least they will know to steer clear of this part of the Galaxy

Reply to Signals
If we get a response, will it be shared with the public?

Hopefully we will be part of the larger community or at least know of ET existence before 2049 and any reply will be old news .

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If a moon was a neccessity for life to begin on a planet...does it, or any of these newly discovered planets have one?

Just a consideration we must address if we are searching seriously.

And to say that a signal we send takes X amount of time to reach it does not mean a reply would be sent at the same speed using similar technology.

Lots to consider and fascinating stuff eh.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This is logical. If there is life around vents in the ocean on earth, then searching oceans of Europa makes sense.

In a biocentric universe, it wouldn't surprise me if life was abundant everywhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You don't need to have a moon to support life, it is all dependant on many variables such as planet size, proximity to star, etc. A moon is NOT needed, but it certainly makes it easier as far as we know. Anyways, we don't currently have the technology to see moons, they are far to small at that distance.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Either that or decide to eliminate our planet so we dont carry on clogging up their airwaves with people asking silly questions like 'duuuude, do you like have a macdonalds over there?'

reply to post by nerbot

They could well have, but I dont think the technology we have allows us to detect bodies that small yet. Although with the rate that its improving it might not be too long before they can start looking for them.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

becuase its only recently weve had the technology to detect them.

gortex, M dwarfs are problematic for complex life even though M dwarfs are more numerous. Stars like sol have a HZ roughly 9 times as wide as M class stars giving alot more prime real estate.

Statistically speaking theres twice as much HZ real estate around G type stars in the galaxy than M stars.

Also these planets are super earths probably more like neptune with thick cloud decks and massive pressures near the surface. Not a place any human can go. Kepler is the mission that will find us better planets.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by yeti101]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi All

Sorry for being off topic, but can anyone tell me where we are looking at on earth at 1:58 into the OP's video ?? Is that a real video of earth or CGI? those round shapes and triangular lines looked strange to me .. thanks

Satellite1

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Really good video S&F.

I've always believed in the multi-world theory. I think that just statistically speaking there have to be other planets like Earth when you have billions of stars in our galaxy.

I'm predicting about 100-150 years before we have a good way of traveling through space (i.e. faster than light travel).

As for the radio messages (including SETI), I really don't see the practical reasoning behind it. I mean, if there is an intelligent race who's to say that they share the same type of technology as us? At the very best they'd receive some form of static or distorted signal.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

So many people on this site fail to understand how science works.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
The subject heading is misleading. It should be 'why we MIGHT NOT be alone' not 'why we ARE NOT alone'. Because the information put forward points to the possibility, not the proof.
Aside from that, we really need to get rid of our preconceptions that life has to be modelled on our own needs. Other forms of life may in fact require neither water nor solid ground even.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by unicorn1]

Perhaps,

however, there is Enough proof to conclude there is life beyond our planet.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Surely, if there was life elsewhere we would have found out by now ? I mean all these reports of ufos, why don't they just land on the whitehouse lawn and be done with it

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by stanlee

I'm sorry could you please elaborate for us?

[edit on 1/10/2010 by jkrog08]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
With the numerous stars out there I find it hard to believe we are unique. I am also insanely jealous that future generations might get a signal back from one of these so called planets and I will be long gone. I wonder if they will look like reddish floating heads that spit fire?
A huge Megan Fox might be a good thing indeed but lets just hope her speech is still underdeveloped.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by stanlee

I'm sorry could you please elaborate for us?

[edit on 1/10/2010 by jkrog08]

It's really pointless to explain anything on this site unless it directly supports somethin conspiracious but I'll try..

Originally posted by stanlee
What if one day someone came from another planet saying they lived on the planet nearest the sun on a square orbit>? would we just ignore it because we know our science says this thing isnt real? lol

The poster is saying that scientists would ignore this claim.
In science we never accept anything as a fact unless it can be scientifically proven. If that alien would provide us with evidence for his claims we'd believe him. The poster is simply bashing science because he fails to understand it and because they don't support his beliefs without any evidence.

It's almost like a cult or something. An anti-science/skepticism movement.

[edit on 10/1/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The "searching" for extraterrestrial intelligent lifeforms, it's a very expensive joke. Bogus programs as SETI have been spending zillions of US$ and NONE results come to public and I'm sure that they have lots of results. Except when something extraordinary and embarrassing happens out of the cover up agenda, as the crop glyphs in Chilbolton/UK, exposing an alien DNA helix, plus a encrypted disk-like figure, a Zeta Gray face and a possible Anunnaki face, answering the message of Arecibo. Anyway none conclusive result or official statement happened.

I just don't get it. Why search alien life forms light years away, with radio telescopes, if they are settled right here in this solar system since ancient times??? There are active bases in "our" moon (that probably in an entire hollow space station), fact confirmed by various retired astronauts of NASA, as Buzz Aldrin and Edgard Mitchell... There are several evidences of ancient civilization in Mars available in hundreds of images took by MOC. Also the retired Russian pilot, Col. Marina "Lady MIG" Popovich, during many public conferences (out of Russia), did claim that the two moons of Mars are hollow space-stations... It seems that these people are very reliable sources, huh?? Should I mention all physical evidences of alien presence on Earth?? UFO sights, abduction reports, denounces from reliable whisteblowers as John Lear and Milton Cooper, exposing secret exchange programs between certain Earth governments and some extraterrestrial races... And hundreds of ancient buildings spread all around the planet, that modern human technology can't even reproduce. IMO the research for Earth-like planets should be concerning about future colonies to mankind, 'cos isn't necessary any radio telescope to find extraterrestrial life forms, just 'cos they ever were here.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ucalien]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join