It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Afraid of Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

There is no double standard, if any of you had even bothered to press enter after typing in "Islam is" you'd find the TOP story is Google acknowledge the bug. I said what I said, because clearly people were more interested in say F* ISLAM, F* GOOGLE they are playing favourites wah wah. Maybe ATS isn't the play for you. Try the stormfront.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

There is no double standard, if any of you had even bothered to press enter after typing in "Islam is" you'd find the TOP story is Google acknowledge the bug. I said what I said, because clearly people were more interested in say F* ISLAM, F* GOOGLE they are playing favourites wah wah. Maybe ATS isn't the play for you. Try the stormfront.

I did press enter to go to the search results, and i found news article that google say its a bug. ..... and how long have google engineers been working on fixing this now. its not like they have had a critical server meltdown at multiple data centers.

I suspect this "bug" is nothing more than a tick box in a config file to exclude certain words from search suggests. they could of done it just to stir things up. Its google they own it - they could decide to black list any words from their search algo's

Remember you could type "miserable failure" into google and it would bring up Bush's whitehouse. Its called a google bomb. the search algo works to favor back links anchor text linking to a site. Thus if you search for "click here" number 1 will probs be Adobe.com as people link to Adobe with text "click here to download adobe" so as more people get on the "google bomb" to link from their blocks and sites with the words "miserable failure" to the bush homepage, all google sees is "gee all these millions of links with miserable failure pointing to white houes - well thats what that site must be about. Not that any part of the whitehouse site contains the words "miserable failure" - this is the power of the links only. Well i guess bush did not like this, nor did google, so they have not too recently made changes to the search algo to stop white house from coming up on this search - and this from happening in future.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sure it's afraid of certain comments on Islam. Look what happend to the Danish cartoonist. For a bloody comic no less! What disgusting nonsense. Oh please at being 600 years younger then the Christians, they still have a long way to grow up. 600 years ago , people in Europe were being burned alive. Right now, in the Muslim world, people are stoned to death, have their hands cut off, as well as other things... This is total proof Islam has not reached it's full level of developement.

When it does, the wisdom of the prophet will offer the world a great gift. But this won't happen untill Muslims get there act together.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeg2222

Oh no, not you, your posts have been well researched. It was the people from before you came on.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

WEll If your a programmer you would fully understand why this is the case or true. It's not that google is afraid it's part of the software.

Google saves all your keywords you search on their search engine they record your IP address.

They made some code that when a certain phrase has been used so many times it will then give suggestions to strings meaning text of your keywords you put to search if the work is similar or matching to what they have in the google's database they will query their database and find the same word you used or very similar and then grab previous keywords search with the word you already typed in.

So it's not that they are scared of ISLAM it's that it's not highly searched using google.

I wounldn't know the exact number of searches using the keyword that will make this become a google suggestion.

So don't automatically think google is scared of Islam... it's most likely that not alot of people have been using google to search Islam the word or Muslim.

Type in google the word ISLAM EVIL and you will see suggestions... or ISLAM BAD.

So to me I don't think google is taking sides it's just how the software works and how people use google for searches becomes google suggestions if the keyword pharse is popular among people using google.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
reply to post by Alaskan Man

WEll If your a programmer you would fully understand why this is the case or true. It's not that google is afraid it's part of the software.

Google saves all your keywords you search on their search engine they record your IP address.

They made some code that when a certain phrase has been used so many times it will then give suggestions to strings meaning text of your keywords you put to search if the work is similar or matching to what they have in the google's database they will query their database and find the same word you used or very similar and then grab previous keywords search with the word you already typed in.

So it's not that they are scared of ISLAM it's that it's not highly searched using google.

I wounldn't know the exact number of searches using the keyword that will make this become a google suggestion.

So don't automatically think google is scared of Islam... it's most likely that not alot of people have been using google to search Islam the word or Muslim.

Type in google the word ISLAM EVIL and you will see suggestions... or ISLAM BAD.

So to me I don't think google is taking sides it's just how the software works and how people use google for searches becomes google suggestions if the keyword pharse is popular among people using google.

I dont know what number of searches the algo uses to use in the suggested search string. it also caches your previous searches and seems to give a little bias to that also. not sure need to try figure it out.

its not that "Islam is evil" does not get any searches - infact "islam is evil" gets searched 1600 times per month (global google), where as "islam is the light" got searched 14,800 times per month (global google). I have all the lists here in front of me in Excel.

so there is PLENTY of historical search data. its just google is has chosen not to display it for the moment.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

This is very interesting... ok going on theory that a search terms needs to hit a certain number of searches to get in the google search suggestion for it to work. i already know "islam is evil" gets 1600 searches a month. and its not in google suggest.

so what do you make of this... as this suprised me

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fec58510488a.png[/atsimg]

there we have it. "Buddhism is wrong" the number 1 google suggest for "buddhism is"

"Buddhism is wrong" only gets searched 170 times per month (global search data) yet even that is enough to trigger it as number 1 position.

Case NOT closed.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by mikeg2222]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join