It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Afraid of Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Almost couldn't believe this, came across it by chance using a program called stumble upon.

Is Google afraid to even make a suggestion about Islam? It would appear so.

Google doesn't have any problem making suggestions for all the other major religions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d444b57af2e0.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought maybe it was photo-shopped so I went to Google and tried it out for myself, and this picture is accurate, try it for yourself.

Whats with Google playing favorites?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't think they are playing favourites ..

They are just Ignorant Idiots thank think Muslims will Bomb their headquarters ..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting, and I am sure that many US super companies like these do have a certain fear of the religion (or at least the fanatical practitioners).

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

*snip*

[edit on 9-1-2010 by '___'omino]

Mod Note: Do not edit actioned posts, thank you..

[edit on 1/9/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
At first i thought the OP was B.S. I am sad to inform you all that this is not the case. I suggest you all try it for yourself. Perfectly OK to suggest malicious search strings for any religion besides islam i guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

The People in charge of the Google company ...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA, Islam gets blasted by every other source in the western world and y'all are complaining because one company isn't??

Bigots much?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
just thought i'd let you know, this story has already been posted here. I tried to post this the other day myself and a Mod shut it down.

g

[edit on 9-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Actually it's "terrorists" that get blasted, and the msm is constantly reaffirming that said group does not represent Islam.
There was already a thread on this.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

They are just Ignorant Idiots thank think Muslims will Bomb their headquarters ..

I guess they don't know the History of the Roman Catholics then...

Muahahaha.

=)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, Google's bashing every religion besides one, and pointing that out makes me a bigot?

I would have pointed it out regardless of which religion was spared.

How come they can't suggest something positive for the religion searches, or nothing for all of them?

I still don't see how I'm a bigot, but oh well, to each his own.

(edited spelling)

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

No, they never just say terrorists they always say Muslim terrorists. They never say a gang of youths they always say a gang of Muslim youths or sometimes simply Lebanese youths. It's just like how if an American Muslim does something wrong it's just a Muslim, but if an American Muslim does something good it's always AMERICAN Muslim. (if at all they even mention the Muslim part)

It's not obvious all the time but it is always there. Filling up a bucket one drop at a time may not be the fastest way but it guarantees the least splash, and that's what the media is doing, they're putting it in subtly yet constantly so as to eventual fill people up with even more fear and hatred, but so softly that most of the sheeple don't take notice.

Prejudice in the media against Muslims is ridiculously apparent, but as Christians and White Americans(generally) you do not care and pretend not to notice.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

ahh, sorry bout that, i did a search and didn't see anything.

i think its still allowed to be up tho, since yours is in breaking news and mine is in general conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

no worries, its not mine. Mine got shut down.

g

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Yes, because every comment so far has been about how wrong Google is for doing so, and how they are either playing favorites or afraid, maybe they thought it was time that one form of media bag out on the Muslims.

PS. Those quick links things are for the most common searches so you only have yourselves to blame for searching it. They most likely didn't o this for Islam because every quick link would have a swear word next to it, so they decided to have none at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

I think your post got deleted because you said MUSLIMS would bomb their headquarters. Not terrorists or even Muslim terrorists. It'd be like me saying every Catholic wants to touch kiddies, instead of catholic priest wants to touch kiddies.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well I just googled "terrorists" and none of the headlines say muslim terrorists. They just say terrorists. No mention of being a muslim.
Same with page two. There was one headline outlining the fact that a lot of terrorists are engineers though.
I think it's all in your head.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Hmmm maybe Google simply isn't as biased as you and automatically associates terrorism with Islam??? HAHAHAHAH you just proved my point!

THANKYOU HEYO!!!!!

P.S You'll find if you Google Terrorism is... you'll get terrorism Islam and if you type terrorism Mu... you'll get terrorism muslim.

Thankyou again, you're in my top eight hahahaha

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

We must subscribe to different news sources, i don't watch fox, msnbc, cnn, well any news that's on television, or radio, also i try to stay away from ignorant or cruel news all together.

However i use Google all the time, and i find it somewhat odd that they're being so bias towards Islam, and so openly negative about the other major religions.

I would agree with you more if you said that it was wrong for them to bash any religions at all or if you'd suggest making no suggestions at all, but your saying they shouldn't suggest on Islam, while suggesting on others, because other news company's bash on Islam.

Last time i checked Christianity and Judaism were getting knocked around a bit too, i don't subscribe to any religion so it doesn't bother me when they all get talked about, but when one gets skipped, its raises a flag because that leads to a slipper slope of censorship.

How do you know that Google did this out of the goodness of there heart, and not because of a lawsuit or such?

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Google doesn't make up the headlines it merely lists the headlines that are already made. You think google changes the headlines? I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Some sort of copyright infringement.
Even on ats, Headlines must read the same in the breaking news section.
Google searches are based on relevance and popularity.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by heyo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join