It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Afraid of Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Is Google afraid to even make a suggestion about Islam?

The simplest explanation is that "Islam" was added to their language censor list. Try typing any common swear words and you'll see the same behavior.

I notice that "Muhammad" does not filter like "Islam" does.

In any case, it should be easy for them to correct.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Google didn't do it for a lawsuit or out of fear they did it because when they did have it up the top searches were Islam is F*^KED or Islam is C*&TS and the like and they couldn't have that appearing every time so they left it blank completely because so many ignorant rednecks type that kinda stuff.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

ahh, a logical explanation, thank you!

i never knew that about the curse words, but then again i don't search curse words to often.

thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

The search suggestions showing such negativity is only your speculation.

Did you actually search all cases raised against Google to see if it wasn't?

You're a lot faster then me.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by heyo

Hmmm maybe Google simply isn't as biased as you and automatically associates terrorism with Islam??? HAHAHAHAH you just proved my point!

THANKYOU HEYO!!!!!

Ok, so google isn't biased......

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
P.S You'll find if you Google Terrorism is... you'll get terrorism Islam and if you type terrorism Mu... you'll get terrorism muslim.

Thankyou again, you're in my top eight hahahaha

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

So, now google IS biased. I think you've confused yourself here. Take a step back and figure out what exactly it is you're trying to say. Count to ten if it helps.
If I google Michael Jor, wtf do you think is going to come up? Charles Barkley?
wtf man you aren't making sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

No I'm saying you have to be a little more specific about your search to get those results, thats not bias Muslim terrorism is fact. they simply know that terrorism doesn't solely mean MUSLIM.

Search syntax
Google's search engine normally accepts queries as a simple text, and breaks up the user's text into a sequence of search terms, which will usually be words that are to occur in the results, but may also be phrases, delimited by quotations marks ("), qualified terms, with a prefix such as "+", "-", or one of several advanced operators, such as "site:". The webpages of "Google Search Basics" describe each of these additional queries and options (see below: Search options).
Google's Advanced Search web form gives several additional fields which may be used to qualify searches by such criteria as date of first retrieval. All advanced queries transform to regular queries, usually with additional qualified terms.

The reasons no reference to religion comes up on a single search or terrorism is because terrorism is a broad subject and it takes the pages that mention the words most. Religious Terrorism is only a small portion of terrorism as a whole and thats why it doesn't come up when you search.

The quick links are separate and show the most frequently searched topics with that name.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It is just like what LordBucket said and you agreed to, however Islam itself is not on the censor list. "Islam is" is on the censored list because of the swear words that follow it by a large portion of searches that start with that.

link   
Google is a for profit company so it's entirely possible they were paid to modify the search regarding Islam.

I will say this, I find sights like JihadWatch.com and Jihadworld.net to be equally offensive as I do...

JewWatch.com and the Israeli Internet Defense Force sight.

There is no way sites like those present unbiased or even accurate information and they just add to a lot of misconceptions and falsehoods that narrow minded people end up adopting a fearful, and violent world view on.

What ever happened to make love not war, does like the world no longer want to get layed or something?

link   
Google isn't afraid of Islam, they are more afraid of the Jews that back them pulling their money. It kills me that people believe Israel/Jews are a state.
Judaism is a religion, not a state. Prior to 1947 not a single Jew was born in Israel. It's a birth right not a country. If you were born in Israel after 1947 you are an Israeli, not a Jew. Loosely translated you support and conduct terrorism on a daily basis - on paper and in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Actually i have no real issue with islam, the muslims are my brothers and sisters and the Arabs have made vital contributions to our sciences (namely algebra and eye surgery). plus i worship the same god as them. My spiritual journey with the god of abraham has not lead me down their path just as theirs has not lead them down mine.

What i have a problem with is how it is acceptable to make rash generalizations about christianity because of fringe churches and the vatican, or judaism because of the israeli governments actions yet when someone makes a rash generalization about the muslims because of, well gee one of the worst acts of war our nation has witnessed in the past 68 years, and their fringe groups are actively calling out for death to western civilizatio. All of a sudden i am a bigot because i do not think it is right for them to get preferential treatment over all the other religions.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jafoa55hole

That makes no sense at all. If jews were really in control of google searches then wouldn't the search regarding judaism be censored?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If I have to be more specific in my search to get those results it obviously isn't that prevalent.
I think we're done now this is ridiculous.
Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Islam is... bug

This site explains that Google acknowledges the Islam is thing and the negative connotations that follow Christianity is and the like.

They say it is a bug and they are working to fix it. Though it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to fix...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Are you that naive? Go back to your little world and listen to and believe MSM.
Why would then censor Jews, it's what they support.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Auguste133

interesting that plenty of suggestions appear when you type it that way, wish you would have added some of your commentary to your reply.

Also just in-case you didn't notice (i couldn't tell since you didn't type anything) the search in the OP was done for "Islam is" not "is Islam"

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here's the deal...I'm Canadian and have to laugh at you Americans. 6 million + on food stamps, millions more losing their housing, your rights are being tramped upon, your solders are killing themselves, (the rate of US solders committing suicide is greater than combat related deaths) and you idiots just sit there doing nothing. Your President is a fraud, your Congress is a fraud, the FED is a fraud. The only thing you get pissed at is whether the State of The Union Address will interfere with the new 'Lost' episode.
BTW - what's 30 Billion in military support to Israel, when people are homeless.
Enjoy that cat food.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA, YES!!!

Good job brother.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So the jewish rulers who hate muslims are censoring hate speech about muslims? Are you kidding me? BTW i am a registered independent who hates the US government. And i have yet to receive offer from a cabal of secret jews. In fact i am piss #ing poor.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Are you afraid of Islam?

I am not but extremist's be they White supremacists, Zionists or Islamisists are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join