It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad times!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
OK i shall start by saying i do have a little belief in evil spirits or demons but
I'm not a total believer, i had a friend who had what i would say were psychic
abilities and i have heard this claim from many, but this friend was the real
deal,i could just tell! she was uncanny and could be unnerving at times

I will state i am a grown man, no wimp i don't take crap or get hassle off folk.
i don't shy from anything.
so a couple of years ago i met this psychic friend
and we hit it off strait away and we got talking about paranormal stuff, she
told me some way out things and also allot about myself, she was VERY intuitive
and was able to tell me things that she could not of known about me but were true,

we lost touch as she moved away but she warned me about messing with the
occult and knew i had tinkered in the past even though i had not told her so
and what i had done was just basic summoning and stuff i was curious you could say.

it had only been 6 months since she left and i started to feel a presence in
my head, it was the same image over and over, i can only describe it as i
see it in my head now, IT is just a head no eyes or nose just black but the
outline of a jaw but with these really sharp gnashing teeth almost like the
jaw and teeth off alien the movie.but more human size.

basically this thing has gotten into my head and has decided it CAN unnerve
me and it shows itself just as i start to forget about it like when you wake from a dream and the memory slips away. just when i feel it's over it appears in my
dreams.

Now you have to understand i am not big into the occult at all and it has taken
a certain amount of pride to tell my saga but i need it to end.

the psychic friend was part of a spiritualist gathering and probably still will be
but i am reluctant to go to one of the meetings as i said i don't really like to
get involved.

i was warned by her about dabbling and she made it very clear i could be
playing with fire and i sense now she even saw what i would now be going
through. WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT HAVE I DONE? i am not a bad person but i
will stand my ground but this is not something i can punch away.where do i start.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
you need to accept jesus christ as your lord and savoir, go out and buy a copy of the bible, read it, and pray for jesus to protect you from the devil and his minions. this is guaranteed to work.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i second that--its called repent

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
not my style I'm afraid all i have ever thought about the church is that it is just a massive cash cow, i don't follow any religion although i am a roman catholic. i don't intend to insult your faith, each to there own.

so there lies the dilemma yes i believe in good and evil but i have read a bit of the bible and all that interests me is revelation 9 now that i find interesting.

so you say well if i don't believe in Jesus then how can i believe in demons ETC? a bit hypocritical you could say well i cant see how accepting Christ as a saviour is gonna help when i don't believe wholeheartedly in the church.

i do feel it hard to fight this thing but is it all just in my head? i myself am not the type to crack under some spooky head game but i am in a battle of sorts. but i cannot say its a case of being mentally ill, sure i have been down before but this THING is persistent in invading my mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

What they said.

That's why God said not to mess with anything like that. The Bible makes it clear that the dead are dead, it's like they sleep, they can't do anything. When we mess with that stuff, we are opening ourselves up to possession by demons. Practicing anything where you are told to empty yourself, even Yoga or meditation can be dangerous.

Jesus could expel demons, and did many times, as related in the New Testament. Ask Him to help you. He will.

I understand where you are coming from, I am a former Catholic. It's not about the church or a particular religion. It's about having a relationship with God, and Jesus Christ.

If you are questioning, ask God to show you, He will. After all, the New Testament shows that God understands some people will question, re: the story of Doubting Thomas. Jesus didn't get mad, He told Thomas, feel my wounds.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

My my my! Friend, it is people like you that the Cults are looking for, just see the two posts right after yours. Repent and give your heart and soul to a godman and everything will be all right. What you are hearing may your inner voice, some call this God, some call it other things. Listen to the voice. You will know right away if it tells you the truth, or tells you lies. As for the Occult, wake up. Occult means "Hidden," nothing more. It is not evil, nor is it satanic. These are lies made up by Christians, to frighten people away from a direct path to the Creator, without using them, or giving them money. I have studied the Occult Sciences for many years, and have never been "possessed" or had anything bad or evil happen to me, I have never seen a "Demon," Devil" or "Satan." Those are all Christian terms, by the way. As for the inner voice, I learned the hard way to listen to it. I listen carefully now.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by autowrench]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
now this is good advice, but the trouble comes down to belief in such things as demons and entities? as stated i am not the god fearing type yet i do accept the possibility that evil forms may exist else i would not be in this troubled state.

your all asking me to take a leap of faith yes?

this image i have now tattooed into my head could it be real? i don't know why the image is like it is? it's not like i pictured it in my mind then just keep remembering the same evil thing, it seems to have just set up camp in my mind.

i see it when i least expect it like a bad tooth i want it out of my head.

oh and another thing i remember it is always as if it is peering down at me over my right shoulder though it has no eyes just a silhouette and those teeth.

yes its all good advice but going to GOD would seem as strange as this experience and i fear may make it worse than things are, I'm in denial.

late so must sleep will reply soon. thankyou for at least not laughing and your words of wisdome.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is one of those times where you have to take a good hard look inside yourself, find what you truely believe, and then use this experience to fix it.
You have the power inside yourself to stop what is "haunting" you.

Spirits that haunt the mind like what you describing, IMO, are self created.

What I mean by that is,lets say as an example, you feel extrieme guilt, but you are not aware of it, but your subconcious mind is aware of it. The subconcious mind will manifest this creature in your head and like a reacurring dream replay itself to you.

It will be like a ghost in your mind, trying to reach you over and over. Sometimes the paranormal is self created in the subconcious and superconcious mind.

I hope this makes some kind of sense to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm with Darkblade on this one. There's an element of auto-suggestion at work here. The girl made a meaningless comment that sowed a little guilt-seed in your subconscious. Much later, the seed grows into a dark little weed inside your imagination/consciousness. The image you saw once connected to the guilt and set up a vicious little circle that self-validates. Your mind is in a logic loop.

Psychologically,it's the same process that makes a footballer keep practising his penalties. It's the same process that causes any of us to do thing repetitively. Because it's psychological...it's beatable. If you can accept it as a negative thought, you can diminish its hold on you. In terms of 'demons' it's like a reformed alcoholic having the voice in their head tempting them to 'just have a drink.' The voice might pipe up from time to time, but you don't have to act on it.

Another way of looking at it....Reading between the lines, your suspicions that demons are real indicates you have a belief in a power of evil. Fair enough? A power of evil can't *logically* exist without a power of Good. Therefore in your mind, Good exists. Why not direct your thoughts to the Good and ask that the 'demon' be dismissed? Asking for help can be a definite boost sometimes..whether that help is our subconscious or whether it's an outside agency hardly matters. It's the result that counts

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well,here comes another member of "The God Squad"!

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." James 2:19

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name." Luke 10:17

If you think a "good" entity can replace a "bad" entity,you'll just get another in disguise,which in the end may put you worse off than before!

Too bad you don't believe in God.

It sounds like you might like to believe,but then there goes all the progress you've made in denying Him and claiming "all religion is bad...just to control the masses..."

So,you buy the "humanist" dogma naturally enough. Why not be a rebel and try having a little faith?

I've never been "religious" in the church-sense,but I am a believer in Jesus Christ. He's conquered my demons,and I can tell you,I was in a miserable state not so many years ago!

Try thinking of God as the Father,who wants to care for His children if only they would ask. It just takes faith "the size of a mustard seed"! All He asks is that you learn to put your faith in Him.

You still have to go to work everyday,you still struggle like everybody else,you aren't expected to be "perfect"...He wants you just the way you are,right now. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Once He begins a work in you,you may feel yourself letting go of the past and learn to see yourself as a "new creature". And that's a beautiful thing! (There's so much more to the belief in God besides just "Do this or go to Hell")

But you'll never know if you don't try.

"Submit yourselves then,to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
James 4:7

There's my Sermon of the Day!

I wish you well.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
. There's an element of auto-suggestion at work here. The girl made a meaningless comment that sowed a little guilt-seed in your subconscious. Much later, the seed grows into a dark little weed inside your imagination/consciousness. The image you saw once connected to the guilt and set up a vicious little circle that self-validates.

Talk about "auto-suggestion"! Sounds more like the devil trying to choke out the "good seed" to me!

Luke chapter 8: 4-21: The Parable of the Seed

..."And when a great multitude were coming together, and those from the various cities were journeying to Him, He spoke by way of a parable: 'The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road; and it was trampled under foot, and the birds of the air ate it up. And other seed fell on rocky soil, and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. And other seed fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it, and choked it out. And other seed fell into the good soil, and grew up up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great.'

...As He said these things, He would call out, 'He who has ears to hear, let him hear.' And His disciples began questioning Him as to what this parable might be. And He said, 'To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, in order that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.

...Now this parable is this: the seed is the word of God. And those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they may not believe and be saved. And those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away. And the seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity. And the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance. Now no one after lighting a lamp covers it over with a container, or puts it under a bed; but he puts it on a lampstand, in order that those who come in may see the light. For nothing is hidden that shall not become evident, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come to light. Therefore take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him.' And His mother and brothers cam to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, 'Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside wishing to see You.' But He answered and said to them, 'My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.'"...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

A guy asks for advice and you start by telling him that the *Devil* is on his case?!

Have you thought of becoming a doctor? *Cue...Kid limping in to surgery with a grazed knee* "Oh my God! Boy if that gets dirt in it. You'll lose your leg!! OMG!!"

Or perhaps a plumber? *Cue...dripping tap as the plumber tuts, shakes his head and sucks air through his teeth* "It's gonna cost a lot and I haven't got the parts. Have to order 'em. It's gonna be new boiler!"

Seriously, have you considered becoming a Summer Camp counsellor? *Cue...A hundred kids grow up sleeping with the light on and driving mom nuts with 'devil' sightings.

It's great that you've rediscovered your Faith and want to share your happiness. There are better ways of offering help than the one you chose in this thread. Take it easy

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
darkblade71 and kandinsky yes i am willing to believe it may as you say
be "auto suggestion" at work here, i have felt down lately mostly because
of the way the world has seemed to have changed from a nice place
to be, now it just seems there is so much trouble in the world this
trend is evident all around

throw in a dose of 2012 madness and you could say I'm waiting and
curious for the date to come and pass to see if any thing does go off.

this thing in my head just pops in there and just draws focus away from
any positive thought i try to think,

i just cant go with the god squad on this i simply don't have faith ( and i
sincerely do not mean to upset any who follow religion ) it's just never
been my thing. and i thank you for the input.

nor am i into meditation and like i say i don't hold a strong sense that
demons or the devil exist i need proof and though this is a troubling
image when it appears its not like its at the end of my bed, I'm not prone
to flights of fancy and DID have a strong mind.

the pyschic friend may indeed of had an influence on me as in the auto
suggestion and planting a seed of doubt in my mind you see i am interested
in the paranormal but have had but a few things happen in the past to
make me believe i have opened up a can of worms.

thanks for the advice, even the religious text i read and will take from it
what i can and ponder over it for an answer.
this has been a hard thread
to start for me cos I'm a little out of my comfort zone as this is a very
personal problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No problem! Just trying to help!

Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

You can't fight an enemy if you don't know what you're fighting again.

If you can identify the enemy,you're halfway there.

...and don't let the other posters convince you we're crazy! We're not!

I really do wish you well.

If you ever want to talk,"off the record"...U2U me anytime!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
By the way,you're not alone! This thread came out at the same time yours did!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

oh yes...I just LOVE the whiny Christian answer to everything: buy a bible and read it......(which I did once....i think I called it knowing thy enemy.......)

Anyhow, I have not finished reading the thread, but your description struck a chord with me for some reason. I have only once "delved" into the occult. My now husband and I, while living together (yep, in sin) in SLC.....made a home-made Ouija board......paper, pen and a glass. At first, I thought he was moving the glass, (and there is still a part of me that wants/tries to still believe this.....).....we asked it questions......it answered....and towards the end, spelled out my name (this was over 10 years ago and seizures, age and time have erased most of my memories.....). I laughed it all off as a joke on my now husband's part (he knew I had been tortured during a brief period in my life by fundamentalist Christians.....)...but then a few weeks later we started to feel a presence. We would notice things that moved.....or spheres of light.....then we moved to Chicago......and the dang thing FOLLOWED us.....red glowing spheres of light.....clanging of silverware in the kitchen when both of us were sitting in the living room.....scary stuff.....then one day a friend of ours brought over a VERY negative pal of his....the guy's negativity was almost PALPABLE! And the presence left that night with the negative guy......we have had peace ever since (this was almost 9 years ago now)......I am NOT a religious person nor do I buy all the spiritualism, etc.....I guess I am an agnostic....whatever....but this being/energy/spirit DEFINITELY would show itself in my "mind's eye"......no mouth, no nose and no detailed eyes.....just a white, white face shape with dark holes for eyes......or black, black evil "impressions" of eyes....(hard to explain)...anyhow....wow....this turned out to be long.......just wanted to share MY 2 cents (well....more like 20 cents, I guess......)

Peace, ya'll

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

sounds uncannily familiar! as i myself used to use the Ouija boards but
even though you could say things did happen i later put the work of
boards down to idiosyncratic motor movement.

even the description of what you saw sounds the same basic
description and you also saw it in your minds eye as i do.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You and i have been in the same position. I have grown up Catholic my entire life. I don't go to church much (maybe 4 times a year), and i used to have a much stronger relationship with God. However, i don't do all the traditional things a catholic does anymore. I still believe in God, and i know he protects me.

I have questioned him many, many times. With experiences i have had while questioning him, i'll tell you this much: you are better off walking His path. Why? You're vulnerable without Him. You're an easy target.

I'm not super religious, but i have my beliefs.

For a long time, death was always on my mind. I would dream of demons with ugly, ugly, faces.. sharp teeth smiling at me just waiting to pounce. I had to keep praying, and keep telling it to LEAVE. I would yell at it in my dreams, scream in my head at it while i was awake to absolutely leave.

Tell it you don't want it here. Tell it you don't want it here and just pray.

Call it naive, whatever you want. But even though you might question Him, wonder where all of the religion came from, "how can it be true?" ....Well that's what faith is.

You're walking blindfolded, but you have FAITH that he will protect you and lead you in the right direction. Just have faith that he will make the dark figure from your mind disappear. Make your own relationship.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, what you are in the process of doing is creating a tulpa. You don't want to do that. Quit focusing on it.If you're going to create a tulpa, create a positive one. Visualize an angel or something.

However interested we may feel in the other strange accomplishments with which Tibetan adepts of the secret lore are credited, the creation of thought forms seems by far the most puzzling.
Phantoms, as Tibetans describe them, and those that I have myself seen do not resemble the apparitions, which are said to occur during spiritualist séances.

As I have said, some apparitions are created on purpose either by a lengthy process resembling that described in the former chapter on the visualization of Ydam or, in the case of proficient adepts, instantaneously or almost instantaneously. In other cases, apparently the author of the phenomenon generates it unconsciously, and is not even in the least aware of the apparition being seen by others.

However, the practice is considered as fraught with danger for every one who has not reached a high mental and spiritual degree of enlightenment and is not fully aware of the nature of the psychic forces at work in the process.

Once the tulpa is endowed with enough vitality to be capable of playing the part of a real being, it tends to free itself from its maker¹s control. This, say Tibetan occultists, happens nearly mechanically, just as the child, when his body is completed and able to live apart, leaves its mother¹s womb. Sometimes the phantom becomes a rebellious son and one hears of uncanny struggles that have taken place between magicians and their creatures, the former being severely hurt or even killed by the latter.

Tibetan magicians also relate cases in which the tulpa is sent to fulfill a mission, but does not come back and pursues its peregrinations as a half-conscious, dangerously mischievous puppet. The same thing, it is said, may happen when the maker of the tulpa dies before having dissolved it. Yet as a rule the phantom either disappears suddenly at the death of the magician or gradually vanishes like a body that perishes for want of food. On the other hand, some tulpas are expressly intended to survive their creator and are specially formed for that purpose.

Thoughtforms

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree with SpeakerofTruth

What would also help visualizing an angel, is to actually get a picture of a angel, and look at it every night, and tell yourself that it will protect you, and it will, because you're asking the universe for exactly that. You can also put something on, like a background noise, a fan to get rid of the silence that'll improve your sleep.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join