It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You do YOUR part in THEIR agenda, and don't even know it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Let me just say this does not apply to everyone, because everyone is different, but to some degree it has an affect as a whole. Where are taught not to express ourselves, and to supress the self expression of others. Let me expand on the idea. Somewhere along the line there has been a virus implemented in our coding. This virus quickly spreads from one being to another and back again. The problem with this virus is it can not be cured with medicine.
From a very young age, starting on the childhood playground, the virus has already taken hold. It begins with  people telling
Other people who they are, what they feel, and how they should act. "your stupid" "your gay" useless, not funny, not pretty, etc etc etc. 
Now naturally when somone tells you "you are" something, you begin to question why they said this. You look for flaws in yourself, why am I stupid?, am I stupid? At this very point the virus has just infiltrated your system. Next time you want to say something, you think before you EXPRESS yourself, because Your EXPRESSION may be WRONG in the eyes of your peers. And this scares you. 
the next step of any virus after taking it's victim, is to spread to others. You come home from the playground and suddenly it is your father, mother, or siblings who are the stupid ones. Your mothers cooking is bad, your sister's opinion about videogames is WRONG. 
How can anyone possibly be themselves with this going on ALL THE TIME. Let me explain what caused me to think on thus topic. This forum, this "society" is a smaller version of what goes on every day outside in the real world. I know I will get thrashed for saying these things but I must. In here if you have an opinion on something, somone, somehow, WILL tell you, you are wrong. Read the posts that follow mine and you will see what I mean.
I have not been a member here long, but long enough to be able to draw the conclusion that this society of ours is severely infected. The anger, the finger pointing, flaming, putting down, is relentless. And I am just as guilty as the next. But I realize and can admit to this. And I truly want to change myself to benefit the rest of the community as a whole. Even just one person can make a difference. 
One less person to kill a beautiful expression, a thread. One less argument over petty disagreements. It all adds up.
Disagreeing is part of self expression, but degrading others and claiming their Opinion, belief, feelings, ideas, theories, ideologies, artwork, or creativity of unique self to be WRONG, is the virus hard at work doing it's job in the destruction of self expression.You do your part in their agenda, and you don't even know it.
 "Deny self expression"? You decide
Thank you

[edit on 8-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I 100% agree.
Not much more to add for now, I'm afraid.
You've said it all.
Star and flag from me.
Happy New Year too.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Everyone wants to be free. It can be argued that without right or wrong, we'd truly be free. Are you sure that's really the correct thing to do? Think about it for a second. No right or wrong. The inner sense of right and wrong is what gives us a conscience. Without a conscience, we've lost our humanity. We're essentially intelligent beasts. Basically, we become psychopaths.

This sounds nice and all, but it's totally unrealistic. I see these types of thoughts often on ATS. It's just naivety. Sorry, but calling it like I see it. Yes, people are prejudice, and that's not cool. Taking it to the extreme of thinking we shouldn't have right or wrong is not too bright, though. To be honest, I once thought like this. Then I reasoned it out. It's an absurd notion. As societal beings, a right and wrong will always exist. If it doesn't, society collapses.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I in no way intend to speak on sgrrsh26's behalf, but when I read this post I didn't get any feeling whatsoever that he is pushing for a complete removal of right or wrong. Instead, I got the notion that it is our judgment of the actions of others which is the virus itself.

Now, it may seem a little bit difficult to separate the two, but even if we don't push our opinion on other people, right and wrong are still alive and well. Every human being has a concept of that which is good, and that which is not good. The only difference lies in forcing others to fit into the box which we've created for good and evil.

The way I see it, though relatively unrealistic at this stage in the game, it is logically an ideal situation. Right, wrong, and our conscience don't go out the window. They stay right where were meant to be - inside.

(Edit for Grammar/Spelling and such)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Epsilon5]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

PLEASE, PLEASE watch the documentary "Kymatica". Everyone needs to watch it, it explains everything, there is no GOOD information or BAD information, just information and what YOU do with it is good or bad.

Also, NEVER live in fear, it feeds the Elite, they thrive off our fear, no fear, no power over you. There is a difference between "knowing" the path and 'walking" the path. Same as there is a difference between "being" free and actually being FREE. It is not in knowing you are free it is actually in the act of being FREE, just be free, you are your own reponsibilty, be responsible, everything else will work out.

Simple. If it's not simple it's not accurate.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You've got it right epsilon5 The only person who shall truly be the judge of you, is God, and yourself.
This judgemental personality of humans as a whole denies self expression, for fear of being judged. The virus can be destroyed only when you understand the only opinion that matters is your own. Without this, your individuality is severely hindered.

To sheep, or not to sheep, that is the question.
At this point in my life I am making a concious effort to teach myself to make an acknowlegement when I judge someone, notice it. Mabye they did do something wrong, mabye I Assumed. (the old ass out you and me)
and on the flip side of the coin I am making sure to try my hardest to disregard any judgemental notions aimed at myself by others. You will instantly notice how at peace you will feel once you master this. Many signs have pointed to me, that I must learn to "just let go". Open your eyes and ears and you too will see the signs.

^^^I concur watch kymatica

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

Thanks for the explanation. It still seems foolish, and absurd to me, however. What's the point in having a conscience, if we don't express it? It seems our duty as members of a society to express our opinions in the form of a judgment, no?! To not do so, would be to allow the growth of evil. I do realize that judgments can be off the wall. That people can be conditioned politically and by other means to think a certain way. I'm not advocating that. What I'm saying is that if we don't call out individuals who do wrong, then it will obviously multiply out of control. Does this not seem common sense to people?

Sometimes I feel like when I'm on ATS, I've entered into the twilight zone on topics of spirituality. I think the youth are morally corrupt to the core, and maybe have been brainwashed into thinking like this. It seems to coincide with the disintegration of society, which is well underway in my view.

What's the saying?

--All that's needed for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing--

Seems somewhat applicable here.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
You've got it right unity. The only person who shall truly be the judge of you, is God, and yourself.

I don't believe in God, but yes only we can truly judge ourselves.

This judgemental personality of humans as a whole denies self expression, for fear of being judged. The virus can be destroyed only when you understand the only opinion that matters is your own. Without this, your individuality is severely hindered.

Actually it's not the judgment by others that stops the self expression. It's the allowance of the judgment to impact our sense of who we are. This isn't necessarily a bad thing! If we are doing something which is wrong, it's best for other people to let us know. It's the easiest way to learn! If we choose not to learn, an inner tension arises. This is when the limit in self-expression comes in.

To sheep, or not to sheep, that is the question.
At this point in my life I am making a concious effort to teach myself to make an acknowlegement when I judge someone, notice it. Mabye they did do something wrong, mabye I Assumed. (the old ass out you and me)
and on the flip side of the coin I am making sure to try my hardest to disregard any judgemental notions aimed at myself by others. You will instantly notice how at peace you will feel once you master this. Many signs have pointed to me, that I must learn to "just let go". Open your eyes and ears and you too will see the signs.

^^^I concur watch kymatica

It's great to make an effort not to be presumptuous. At the same time, I strongly encourage you to reconsider your stance of simply ignoring all judgments by others. That's sociopathic. Instead, take it into consideration. Don't take it as an absolute fact, or falsity. Just allow it to soak into what you've already learned. Apply what was said to this and formulate the validity of the statement. If it is incorrect, disregard it. If their is merit, work on yourself to change this. Apologize to the individual, if appropriate.

Don't brainwash yourself into just letting everyone else's opinions go. Once again, that's sociopathy. It's estimated that if everyone in the U.S. were to be tested psychologically, ~4% would end up with a diagnosis of sociopathy. That's much higher than any other nation. This "spiritual" virus is spreading, and it's based on false ideals. Please don't buy into it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I'm not saying you are calling me one, but say I was LABLED a sociopath, isn't this the same judgemental process I was just describing? Look, I have been "depressed" my whole life. Medicated my whole life. Even hospitalized once. All due to the stress of fitting in. Instead of being myself I was what I thought everyone else wanted me to be. After countless false personas, I realized this fear of being judged was taking over. Mabye you are right about direguarding judgement, but I do beleive fear of judgement will hurt you. Bad.
I'm now off the medication, effexors withdrawel effects were disgusting, toxic, and unbearable. I'm happy now. My life has never been better. But call me a sociopath, depressed, whatever you will, I WILL disreguard this judgement

mabye disreguarding fear of judgemet is the key?
Lettig go of the feelings attached to judgement?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Maybe I got the virus that told me to join the army, but the virus didn't tell me that I would be a pawn in TPTB's game.

Edit: $&F for bringing up a good point.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you've been through so much. Please try to understand, much, probably most of what's going on right now isn't your fault. It's beyond your control, at times. I understand this. The truth is that we're all mutating at incalculable rates. Our bodies are physiologically going through a great transformative process, and the result is a nearly unbearable burden on our well being.

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten off the toxic pharmaceuticals, though I hope that you were slowly weened off. I've heard of nasty side effects if you go cold turkey.

I hope you may understand, I wasn't labeling you a sociopath. I was labeling the continued stance of not taking into consideration the moral opinions of others. This tends to coincide with apathy. Apathy can come about for many reasons. Essentially, I see this as an overburdened body and mind. It's not all to healthy to think like this, though I do understand. I've been there before.

For quite sometime I was indifferent. I slowly got better. Not through any medications. I got well from correcting my diet, my environment, and taking nutritional supplements. We need the right nutrients to detox our body which is totally overloaded with junk these days.

I think the problem is that you can't address the underlying issues. You don't know how. The underlying issue seems to be (psychologically) apathy, but this seems to stem from what I already described. Your body is overburdened. You need to help yourself, nutritionally, before being able to break through psychologically. This is my interpretation. If you would like, I can offer you further suggestion, via U2U.

Please take care, friend.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am actually reading "Clean" by Alejandro Junger at the moment but I do appreciate your kind gesture.

As far as getting of the meds, it would have taken 8 months to fully come off of them. I couldnt wait that long, im only 21 years old and every day the toll these meds were taking on my body were unbearable. I've been cold turkey for 4 weeks now and with a miracle of God the side effects were not as bad as when i missed JUST A SINGLE DAY of medication at maximum dosage. I dropped 37.5 mg and the brain zaps were substansially less than what i was used to, from previous conditioning of continuously missing meds.

Back on topic, I do believe we as humans, to some degree are helping, although unintentionally, further TPTB's cause, in just the way we act, and treat each other.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Excellent post. Not much to add, you said what I have been thinking for a long time.

Maybe that is why ATS is so popular, people can get stuff off their chest behind a "user name".

I work in a office, 9-5. You walk in say good morning with that fake smile plastered on your face, work like a robot work for eight hours, and guard every single thing that comes out of your mouth. With me, I keep very quiet because I tend to have insert foot in mouth disease.

Now days, particularly in "the corporate world" anything you say can and will be held against you. Sad but true.

I can't wait for my job to be outsourced to "Team India" than I can go back to being human and not a corporate drone.

My happiest memories were living on a farm.

Animals don't play games, If they get *issed at you they snarl, growl or huff at you - their not afraid to show affection and appreciate small kindnesses, I swear the cows thanked me for cleaning out their stalls and giving them fresh water. Animals won't stab you in the back for money, power or social status.

The human species is a dangerous creature to live with.

One last thought on this post: There is a commercial where people quietly perform one random act of kindness, (google random act of kindness). Wherein they do not expect any "payback" and then that person that received that act of kindness, went on and did the same thing to someone else.

If everyone once a day, held that elevator door just a few seconds longer, cleaned up that coffee spill, picked up that paper towel on the floor, let that one car get in front of you, worked a soup kitchen or food pantry one day a month, buy a hamburger, fries and coffee and go out and give it to a homeless person (maybe add in a blanket), leave a stuffed animal for a kid in the hospital, share your umbrella with someone that doesn't have one, get creative, but if every single person reading this practiced just one random act of kindness a day, imagine what a wonderful existence this could be for all of us.

Random acts, little things, all add up and like a drop of rain falling into a pond ripples outwards affecting the entire pond

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

join